alone with a 9 month old?

justhat

<font color=teal>DC DISer<br><font color=red>pick
I posted this on the Family board too, but since it's about going basically alone, I thought I'd see what ideas come up here.

Okay, my husband and I are planning on going back to WDW with our daughter in April, when she'll be almost 14 months old. When we got our Mickey Monitor, however, I saw the Osborne Lights article and started thinking about taking a quick (3-4 days) trip in December so Madison could see the lights (her favorite thing in the world) and the Christmas parade (she loves the characters) and other Christmas events (like the Bear Jamboree). I've been there twice during December and loved seeing the decorations so I'd love to go back too. I sorta just thought about it, not really thinking I'd go, till I got an e-mail today with nonstop airfare from DC to Orlando for $96 r/t!!! We're AP holders so I could get a cheap room (I don't care where we stay and since I'm a SAHM I'm flexible about the dates, so I could probably get the $49 rate at a value resort) and wouldn't need to worry about passes. So I thought, we're so going! 4 days in WDW for only $400, including airfare, room, and transportation to the airport/resort, I can't pass it up.

But then I realized, that I'd be there alone with my daughter, who will be about 9 months (10 months on 12/26). Now, I've flown alone with her before (including 5 hour flights to Las Vegas at 7 months) and have even been alone with her in Disneyland when she was 6 months (went with my mom who was at a convention, so she was only with us in the parks at night). So I know I could handle the travelling aspect, and touring the parks alone, but will I be crazy by the end of the trip from no adult contact? In Disneyland, even though I was alone all day, I had my mom at night, so I had someone to talk to. If I go this time though I'd be alone all the time. My husband would love to go, but he's in medical school and is often on call on weekends, plus he has an exam on 12/17 (we'd go before then) so he'd have to study during his free time. It's possible that he might come for the weekend if he can, but not probable. Has anyone who stayed alone ever felt unsafe at a Disney resort? I haven't ever felt that way, but I've also never been there alone.

Has anyone gone alone with a baby and had a good time? I don't mind missing all the big rides, as this trip is really for her to see and enjoy things that will only be exciting to her as a baby. I'm sure she'd like the Osborne lights when she's 5 too, but you know how excited babies get with things like that. And she's only going to want to eat Santa Goofy's nose for so much longer, so I feel it's worth it to me to take her to see these moments before she outgrows them. But if others have done this and been starved for adult company, I'll rethink it. I have to decide by tomorrow night (November 10) cause that's when the air sale ends so please, anyone with advice, let me know!

Also, some background info, we were there with her in May and June, when she was almost 3 and almost 4 months, and we all had a great time. In fact, it was so much easier for me being there, mostly because she was 'worn' in a Baby Bjorn all day and, being a high need baby, she was very content to be held. She didn't cry once the whole trip and loved looking around at everything. At Disneyland at 6 months she had an even better time, since she knew more of what was going on and loved the characters and lots of the rides/shows. She's a great baby (well, except that she started getting up so much during the night over the past 2 months, but she did that in DL too and we were fine) and we even took her to see The Incredibles this weekend and she sat through the whole movie without making a sound. She is a great traveller so all that makes me want to go more!

try and get a room - then if you do and you are going to MVMCP - just sign up for a meet. After you get a room and your tickets - go to the Dis meet boards and find your day.

disney is pretty safe area.

this time at WDW is pretty popular for several of the internet boards - so I don't think you even need to feel alone with other adults.

now will those others adults being acting like adults - NO!!!! it is WDW and everyone is a child there.

bring your little girl and have a great time!

I thought about meeting some people from the boards while I was down there, so thanks for suggesting that. Even though I had thought of it, I figured I'd never run into anyone, I never even though about the meets! Thanks!

Okay, the only problem is that I hadn't planned on going to a MVMCP. I guess I could go, but I thought no because my daughter will only be 9 months and generally falls asleep by 9:30. She often stays up much later on vacation because she's too excited to sleep, but I can't count on that so I figured we'd be better off skipping it. Hmm, now if I could find a meet that's not at a MVMCP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter