Am I crazy? HELP, I can't decide what to do

Should we stay or should we change?

• Stay at BC

• Move to Poly - making it a triple split stay

Results are only viewable after voting.

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
OK. I think I am going crazy! And please feel free to tell me that I am :rotfl2:

We are booked (and have paid) for AKL (8 nights) and BC (14 nights).

For the 14 nights we are at BC we have a standard room. The first 4 nights we have booked with 40% off and the other 10 are full price. I really wanted to upgrade to a waterview but the resort is full, no rooms available in any room category. So I looked at YC and it is fully booked also, all room categories. So for that two weeks BC and YC are completely full (as is BWI).

I was really hoping to upgrade and get an AP or General Public discount of some description for those other 10 days. So many people get these pins and discounts and have great rooms and views at almost half the price we are paying for our BC room.

I have been looking at dates for the last 10 nights (which would mean 8 nights at AKL, 4 nights at BC and maybe 10 somewhere else). Poly has lots of room categories available for the last 10 nights so we would probably be able to get a discount there if and when the discounts come out, so we would get a better room category (better view) for much less than we are paying now for our BC std room.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I have had this planned for almost a year. It has been in my mind that we are going in a very quiet time, so I was looking forward to the resort being quiet, time by the pool but am worried that it is absolutely full that it will be a nightmare busy! I don't know why it is sold out at those two resorts, maybe because of F&W festival.

Am I absolutely crazy thinking about moving to Poly, for a better view category room for quite a bit cheaper than my current choice, making it a triple split stay (staying at 3 resorts)? I have all of my ADR's centred around being at BC, but I guess we could still go to those, just a longer journey. We would only change if it meant getting a discount (like 40% off).

Am I thinking this way because I am all planned, all ready to go and have a month to fill in so feel the need to do more organising :rotfl2:

Please tell me if I am being ridiculous and should just stay where we are..... or should we change (if a discount became available)?

I would move to the Poly, but only for a large saving. Otherwise I don't think I would bother but if there is money to be saved and you don't mind packing and moving again, go for it.

For me, this comes down to how much time you think you would spend in your room admiring the view, if you had one. If you're going to be out pretty much all the time and back late, then you need to work out whether it is worth the effort of the triple stay.

I loved being at the BC (Villa). It was really convenient to get to Epcot and DHS; plus we had the benefit of being able to walk to the Boardwalk at night. The Poly is a monorail resort - so if you are going to be spending more time at MK, then it is more convenient.

Epcot is where F&W will be - so if you are going to spend more time there, then stick with your current arrangements, view or no view.

Are you at your 45 day mark for the BC booking yet? There may be cancellations at this point; as this is when people have to pay by.

If an AP or GP discount comes out from Oct 3rd and we change to Poly, we could save about $1000 to $1500 and be with a theme park view (and maybe even club level) for those 10 days. :eek:

We will be spending time at the resort. We love grabbing dinner or breakfast and sitting out on the balcony. We are at WDW for 22 nights (and have been a few times before, all for long stays) so we have plenty of time. We have our favourite rides and for me with the torn artery in my neck, I'm restricted with the rides that I will be able to do. So this trip will not be a commando trip, we will be enjoying our TS meals, having pool/resort/shopping days and just having a relaxing holiday. On theme park days we will be going back to the room in the afternoons to maybe go to the pool or to have a rest before going out for dinner then to the parks at night.

We have a room only booking (we will have annual passes and don't do the dining plan) so we can make changes up to 5 days before we go, so there's no drama with making the change if the discounts come out.

I just really had my heart set on BC after our last visit, my mum stayed there and it was great, the pool was amazing. If we did do the change to Poly, we would still have 4 nights at BC.

I just don't know, why on earth did I think about this?:lmao: Really... I do like to make things complicated!:rotfl2: But this is all dependant on wether any discounts come out, they may not release any discounts for October, then we will just stay at BC.

For a $1000 or $1500 discount, go for it!!! :thumbsup2

And the Poly pool may be more relaxing than SAB, and much better for you. :goodvibes

Aussietravellers - Have you seen the WDW discount from 3 October 2010?? :thumbsup2

I think your triple split stay might be coming up. :cool1::cool1:

And in the time it took me to post the one above, free dining has been announced too!

Help!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

I don't know what to do.

Nothing at Poly, BC or YC with a discount.

But I have just heard from my TA.

I can either keep our 14 night at BC in a Std room
or we can do....
4 nights at BC std view and then 10 nights at Boardwalk Inn water view :cool1: for $645 cheaper.

Is is worth changing resorts (making it a triple stay) for $645. I don't know anything about Boardwalk Inn other than it has a clown pool :confused3

I don't know what to do and have to decide quickly. Everybody else has said, "whatever" DS will be happy with either pool he said. Help me decide.... please :confused:

Sorry to hear discounts weren't available for your dates. We stayed at BC for 8 nights and loved it. It probably helped that we were upgraded so had a spectacular view. Although, we didn't really spend too much time looking at it, as we were exhausted most of the time we were in the room. Epcot was so close, and the boat to HS was great too. We did pop over the the board walk area a couple of times, wanted to go to ESPN but couldn't be bothered waiting in the queue.

The room was a good size and the pool was awesome. I'm not sure how busy it would get at full occupancy. We had it pretty much to ourselves but that was in January.

Loved walking the area at night, was very relaxing. Could see the top of the fireworks too. There was a photopass photographer near the light house one night, he got some great shots of us with the boardwalk, water and fireworks in the background.

I'm sure you'll be happy where ever you stay.

As for a pool my kids are happy with any pool, as we don't have one at home.

Water view at BWI to the front or the back? The front will be to the Lake. Anywhere else could be to the pool and the canal where the friendship boats travel from Epcot/resorts to DHS.

I met an English lady, Clare, who was staying at the BWI. She did CL and posted a trip report. She likes the BWI and stays there by preference. Her pictures looked lovely and she had a view overlooking the lake. The (deluxe) resort looks great...

From memory, I think the BWI recently (within the last 2 years) completed a refurb...but you might want to check this.

$645 buys a few days of food or goes a long way towards two tickets...

I think the Boardwalk looks lovely and from what I have read it is quite a lively place along the boardwalk of an evening with buskers etc. I think it would be a nice option.

I think the boardwalk looks great if you want to go out at night and have a walk around the lake. It looks like they have lots going on at night around the boardwalk, I think it would be great to be so close to everything and not to mention epcot. The water slide looks great as well. It think I would go boardwalk over poly anyway, says she who has never been to wdw! But going in 33 days........

Thanks so much everybody for your replies :flower3:.

Seriously I need to get myself a life :lmao: I am absolutely consumed by the accommodation choices :rotfl2: It is actually driving me crazy :rotfl2:. Thankfully I have the AKL sorted, no desire to change and alter that.

I just can not decide wether to keep BC std room, 4 days BC and 10 days BWI waterview or 4 days BC and 10 days Poly CL :confused3:confused3:confused3

I am sure that it's because I have everything else planned and need more to think about. But this is ridiculous. Thing is I just can't decide and it is my decision, my family is fine with any combination.

So I guess I just continue to drive myself crazy until I make a decision or the room category sells out and then I just keep what we have :thumbsup2 That's a good plan :rotfl2:

Have a good look through the Boardwark thread and the Poly thread, look at pictures etc and see what draws you in.

The Boardwalk is great! Its a quiet haven away from the madness of the parks.

We stayed at BCV in May, no view and had a blast! We particularly enjoyed walking from BCV to the part of the BW where the shops/restaurants were. The difference between BC and BW....is distance from Epcot International Gateway, which I dub the Epcot Chunnel because it is located between England and France. The BC is about 3 minutes away from the Epcot Chunnel. It would probably take about 10 minutes to walk to the Chunnel from the BWI.

If you get a room overlooking the lake at BWI, you will be able to see the Illuminations fireworks from your room. Theming aside, the rooms look very similar. And the BCV was very comfortably decked out.

Poly CL has gone :sad1:

Still undecided. If I wait long enough BWI will be gone too and I will then be able to stop my indecision and be grateful with what we have, 8 nights at AKL savannah view and 14 nights BC std view :thumbsup2

I have some exciting news!

On awaking this morning there was an email from my wonderful superstar of a TA in the US. She emailed to let me know that AP rates just came out and she was able to get us a water view room at the Yacht Club which was not available under the GP discount :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am so excited as we were really wanting a water view, which we couldn't get at the Beach Club and we like having breakfast or afternoon tea or even dinner on the balcony and watch the goings on around us (love people watching) and we have a better chance of getting a balcony at YC.

Yacht Club is exciting, it won't affect any of our ADR's as they were all made around the BC (including at Yachtma's steakhouse and Captains Grill, so now we are right at our resort for those :woohoo: ). We still get to use Stormalong Bay :yay:, with the resort being full, YC is a little on the quieter side. YC & BC share buses for AK, MK and DTD and the buses stop at YC first :woohoo: So better chance of getting a seat :woohoo:

I am very excited. Now off to do some homework on what room requests I want to make (no wait, I have to get off the computer, have to take DS to golf then school :rotfl2: room request homework can come later).

Thank you everybody so much for all of your replies. I can't believe I can stop obsessing about the accommodation :lmao:

Congratulations, I understand all the Yacht club rooms have full balconies too, so the view will be easier to appreciate from there than from one of those little juliet things. We thought the yacht club was fine, well the parts we saw. It's nearer to the boat too. The captains grill was good for a meal, when you didn't feel like moving too far.

Congratulations, I understand all the Yacht club rooms have full balconies too, so the view will be easier to appreciate from there than from one of those little juliet things. We thought the yacht club was fine, well the parts we saw. It's nearer to the boat too. The captains grill was good for a meal, when you didn't feel like moving too far.

Yes, I stayed at the YC about 15 years. I can't remember it really well but I do remember that I liked it but it's had a huge refurb (or rehab as they call it in the US, don't understand rehab, isn't that where you go when you have issues:rotfl: ) .

I am loving that I used our yet to be purchased AP to get a 42% discount :woohoo: The AP has paid for itself just with that discount :woohoo:

Thats great news glad you got it all sorted out. Now all you have to do is cross off the days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter