Am I missing something??

Mrs Dazzle

<font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto
:rolleyes2 OK, it doesn't take much to make me confused, but I certainly am at the moment regarding Swan/Dolphin discounts.

I thought I'd check the prices out for a couple of nights stay at either Swan or Dolphin for our trip in August.

Since I work in a school, I qualify for the educational worker discount. But whatever discount I try - and there are three codes for which I am eligible - (DIS summer special, AAA and educational workers), the prices are coming out exactly the same if I didn't use ANY discount code :sad2:

Help :confused3 :confused3 What am I doing wrong :scratchin

What site are you trying it on, theirs? Maybe all the discounted rooms are gone for your dates or maybe the system is just having a glitch in it. Try calling them directly and see what you can get.

I also recommend calling the resort directly. Good luck! :)

cjsmith said:
What site are you trying it on, theirs? Maybe all the discounted rooms are gone for your dates or maybe the system is just having a glitch in it. Try calling them directly and see what you can get.
I'm using the link from the home page here on the DIS. I will try direct, but calling from the UK is a pain if you have to hold on for too long ;)

My sister works for Starwood Hotels (they own Swan and Dolphin) and special rates (AAA, Preferred Guest, etc.) don't come out until at least three months before. So they should be available sometime in May for an August stay.

Agreed. They only book in the future for a short period of time. You should join Starwood if you are going to stay there.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the heavenly bed!

Mrs Dazzle said:
:rolleyes2 OK, it doesn't take much to make me confused, but I certainly am at the moment regarding Swan/Dolphin discounts.

I thought I'd check the prices out for a couple of nights stay at either Swan or Dolphin for our trip in August.

Since I work in a school, I qualify for the educational worker discount. But whatever discount I try - and there are three codes for which I am eligible - (DIS summer special, AAA and educational workers), the prices are coming out exactly the same if I didn't use ANY discount code :sad2:

Help :confused3 :confused3 What am I doing wrong :scratchin

I don't know, but I tried it last night and was quoted $189 for the SWAN for AAA or Entertainment discount. It seems to me that this is the best deal on the property, no matter what your discount. If you can get that DIS rate of $159 or even better with a teacher rate, that seems like the best deal in town.

:sunny: Thanks for all the tips, folks. Most useful.

Do you know - if I book now (at the non-discounted rate), can I then ask for the discounts to be applied when they are available.

I've only ever used Dreams Unlimited before for other onsite stays (AKL and Poly) and they have automatically done this.

Thanks again :tongue:

If you book now, you can ask that codes be appiled when they come out and they will be applied IF there is availability at the resort at the time you call.

Anytime I have called Swan/Dolphin, the discounts have been scattered at best. I've never lucked out with any discounts w/ them. I am a nurse, not a teacher, but I think the discount is the same.

Our trip in April- Only 3 days of our stay were eligible for the discount.

My DU person told me that I had to contact the Swan/Dolphin myself for any rooms for teacher discounts since they are not owned by WDW. Does anyone know anything about this?

DKx3 said:
My DU person told me that I had to contact the Swan/Dolphin myself for any rooms for teacher discounts since they are not owned by WDW. Does anyone know anything about this?

Go to Starwoodhotels.com. They own the Swan and Dolphin. However, they only release discounts three months out. For example, for a vacation in August, the rates would most likely come out in May. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter