Am I the only one who doesn't get Lucy?

Mikeyboy

Earning My Ears
I don't find her the slightest bit funny or talented, certainly not enough so to have an attraction atributed to her. I feel like I am being Un-American with this post but am I alone?

No, I agree with you. I never liked Lucy. I like shows like Odd Couple, All in the Family, and Sanford & Son.

I get her, but I'm not a fan of slapstick so I don't find her as funny as my SON, her biggest fan, does... :rolleyes:

He is saving up his money to go to the Lucy:A Tribute store in Universal next week. I do remember liking her at his age, but now I just find her a bit annoying. I DO agree with Sanford, All In the Family and the Odd Couple. Throw in Mary Tyler Moore and you'll have all my favorites!

She really bugs me in general but when she opens her mouth with that whiny voice... it's like nails down a chalk board, except worse

Come on guys Lucy is a classic American icon. No need for all this disrespect!

I thinks she's hillarious. Of course, I also love the Marx bros and the 3 Stooges. If you are a Lucy fan, the exhibit is really neat.

There's nothing unamerican about not liking her. To each his own!!

Lucy had classic beauty, brains and talent. Look at the gal on Wil and Grace. She the image of Lucy in her youth with all the model looks, the comedic delivery and a simple Joy of Life.

I'll get off my soapbox now, I get Lucy, I got Lucy and we can only hope more like her to come. Strong, Beautiful, Intelligent, Sophisticated,Talented Women!

I LOVE Lucy!

Originally posted by nhrenee
I thinks she's hillarious. Of course, I also love the Marx bros and the 3 Stooges. If you are a Lucy fan, the exhibit is really neat.

There's nothing unamerican about not liking her. To each his own!!

I really have to agree with you on that one the three stooges are hillarious and I think its funny how older television shows are better than shows now adays don't get me wrong there are some good shows out now but in like the three stooges can sit there beat the living crap out of each other and there's no hidden messages. Also another great classic Our Gang or to some people the little rascals, then the munsters, and the addams family. I don't know I think I the only one that can't stand "Friends" now that show is annoying

Has Mikeyboy seen the Vitameatavegamin episode?

I think it's one of the greatest example of comic acting ever. It should be studied frame by frame in drama schools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter