• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Idol 2024

I'm not happy about who got voted off tonight. My feeling is 3 or 4 very mediocre singers are in the top 10. Not naming names.

Me too! I am shocked at some of the ones that ended up staying. 😲

I'm not happy about who got voted off tonight. My feeling is 3 or 4 very mediocre singers are in the top 10. Not naming names.
LOTS of people feel that way.

Some are even coming at it from a racial angle.

I don't think it was intentional,but the bottom 4 was a very bad "look" for Idol.

No way around it.

1713890280187.png
Many took issue with the fact that the final four were the only minorities remaining in the competition. The two who eventually placed in the Top 10 were indigenous contestant Triston Harper, who’s a member of the MOWA Band of Choctaw Indians, per Native News online, and Julia Gagnon, who was born in Guatemala and adopted by her American family, according to the Bangor Daily News. Some fans called out the show and voters for sending home every Black contestant in recent weeks, including Elise and Collins.

Will be good to see Shania Twain tonight.

Don't see her much anymore-she was huge " in her day ".

I think THIS is the night Emmy returns to Butcher Hollow.lol
(Just kidding, I know a lot of people like her,including the Judges. )

The voting is based who WATCHES the show and actually VOTES. It may not agree with the judges professional opinion, but that is the format the show has chosen. Every year that are some who are never 'happy' regardless of who got voted off.

Reminds me a bit of when Bobby Bones won Dancing with the Stars a few years ago since he has a huge following from his radio show, even if he was clearly NOT the best dancer.

Shania had some health problems in the past which made her unable to even speak much, let alone sing. She's gotten better, which is why we see her now. But, she said her singing voice will never be what it was.

I think Emmy will make it into the Top 5. I'll tell my theory later, if she makes it.

Shania was touring just this past year and I went to see. A very big crowd and she was amazing. I was worried because people were saying her voice was shot and nope, it was not.

Not sure how I feel about the blonde hair she is sporting tonight though.

I do have to say that I am not an Emmy fan at all. I don't know if her persona on this show is an act or what, but I feel like if she has performed on the Opry stage with her Grandma she shouldn't be this shy and nervous all the time.

I do have to say that I am not an Emmy fan at all. I don't know if her persona on this show is an act or what, but I feel like if she has performed on the Opry stage with her Grandma she shouldn't be this shy and nervous all the time.

Yes, it's an act. After you or a PP mentioned she had been on the Opry stage, I did some research. I have video links of her looking very glammed up (a few times) and being VERY comfortable with that look and sing with more polish. Not the shy, uncomfortable, straight off the farm, not wearing any makeup persona she's been presenting. :rolleyes:

I have to run out and pick something up, so I can't post the links right now.

Can't recall her name, but that one girl with the raspy voice I thought had a cold or some sort of problem with her voice. Sounds like she always sings like that, don't care for that sound.

I was surprised Emmy made it to the top 8. She is sweet, but I think maybe some people are voting for her because of who her Grandmother is.

I was a little sorry to see Mia leave, but happy my favorites, Will and Triston went through. I thought KB and Jack did well last night too.

Loved seeing Scotty McCreery again, and nice they gave Just Sam her chance on the big stage, and the confetti too. I enjoyed her performance.

It was well past time that Just Sam got her moment on the Idol stage. Wow has she come a long way since 2020!

I am sad that Kayko (Sam), and Mia went home. Kayko has been my favorite since week one.

I am not a fan of Tristan, didn't appeal to me from the start. Jack is growing on me, and at least he's stopped making so many of those faces. KB and Abi are still 2 of my favorites. I like Will too. Emmy is riding on her grandmothers name. She may be a great songwriter, but not the best singer, imo. I wish they'd stop making it a popularity contest and actually choose the best singer.

It was well past time that Just Sam got her moment on the Idol stage. Wow has she come a long way since 2020!

I am sad that Kayko (Sam), and Mia went home. Kayko has been my favorite since week one.

I am not a fan of Tristan, didn't appeal to me from the start. Jack is growing on me, and at least he's stopped making so many of those faces. KB and Abi are still 2 of my favorites. I like Will too. Emmy is riding on her grandmothers name. She may be a great songwriter, but not the best singer, imo. I wish they'd stop making it a popularity contest and actually choose the best singer.
No doubt.

Without all the Loretta Lynn fans voting for Emmy,Mia would have stayed and Emmy would be gone IMO.

Doesn't seem fair to have such an advantage.

They should have an "American Idol:Celebrity Relatives Edition" for people like Emmy.

There is a Jon Bon Jovi interview on ABC right after Idol! 🥰
Enjoyed the show and think he is basically a decent person.

I did however think his bragging that he had been with 100 girls because "I'm Jon Bon Jovi" to be highly disrespectful of his wife who he has known since High School.

I think we all assumed that to be the case,no need to verbalize it and disrespect her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter