• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AMEX & The Mouse

QuickGold

Studios Superman
I've been noticing that American Express card users can benefit throughout the park if they use their card, so I've got a few questions:

1). Should you use the AMEX anytime you make a credit card purchase?

2). Are the discounts that benefit from AMEX automatic? Or do I have to be aware of the discounts and tell the CM about it?

3). Do these deals still apply to American Express Blue?

Thanks for the help :)

I think you would need to show your dvc card and mention the discount. Otherwise you could be someone staying off site getting the discount.

Tigger

I _AM_ a person staying offsite trying to get the discount! LOL I take it AMEX related discounts are only for DVC members?:(

Technically the Amex discounts are part of the "White Glove" deal you get if you pay for a Disney resort room with your Amex card. So when you try to get the Amex discounts on merchandise, meals, etc., you MAY be asked to show a resort ID to prove that you qualify. You don't have to be a DVC member, but you are supposed to be staying at a Disney resort paid by Amex.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Last year DH & I got the discount at both mini golf courses by paying for it with AMEX although we didn't pay for our room with it. They just asked if we were staying on-site.

There are at least some places you cannot get the Amex discount if you are not staying onsite in a Disney resort. We stayed at the Swan last month and were unable to get the discount at one of the DTD stores. So, I just used my DC card instead.

As a side note, I read on mousesavers.com that the Amex discounts are NOT good with the Sky Miles cards. Shame too, cuz that's the one we have.

ncbyrne, you misread the information on MouseSavers.

The only thing you can't use your American Express SkyMiles card for is the American Express Rewards program, where you earn "points" for spending money on the card. The reason is that you are already earning Delta miles!

The SkyMiles card is good for all of the American Express discounts at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter