Amtrak Room Size

SAKPEG99OKW

The only thing better then one week at WDW is TWO
DW, DS (11months) and myself will be taking Amtrak from Newark, NJ to Kissame in Nov. I have reserved a Standard Viewliner room. Acutally how small is this room?, will ther be room to move around a little? How many bags should we bring on board with us? I know this is a lot, but we could really use the help.

Thanks

scott, peg and tyler

The standard rooms are SMALL. Basically they consist of two chairs facing each other that slide down into a small bed and above them is a bed that folds up while you're awake and pulls down while you're sleeping. There is a net that you attach to the ceiling when sleeping on the top bed, so you don't fall out. (Don't laugh, it's happened!!) We stayed in the standard room when our oldest DS was young. Now that there are 4 of us, we use the family room which is much larger. If price isn't that much of an issue, I would look into the family room to give your DS room to move around.

Originally posted by stevepete
If price isn't that much of an issue, I would look into the family room to give your DS room to move around.

Family Bedrooms are only found on the lower level of Superliner Sleepers, and these cars cannot operate north of Washington D.C. due primarily to clearance restrictions. The two daily trains between Newark and Kissimmee (the Silver Star and Silver Meteor) use Viewliner sleepers. These are all single-level cars, easily distinguished by their unusual shape. Viewliners have standard and deluxe bedrooms only. The two deluxe rooms per car may be combined into one suite, but it's quite expensive, and with only one such suite possible per Viewliner car you may often find this option "sold out".

Superliner sleepers and family bedrooms (also only one per car) are found on the Lorton-Sanford Auto Train, and on the Los Angeles to Orlando Sunset Limited, among other (primarily western) trains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter