amx / ap ??? HELP!

J

jrrandme

I am in the process of planning a trip to "the world" ( this is the adopted password since the trip is a secret) in January of next year. First of all let me say this site has been a life saver!:p ! Second of all I am still confused!:( !

Question 1. On the DIS site I found a wonderful list of stuff provided under "American Express White Glove Plan". My problem is...American Express Customer service wont confirm any of it. Has anyone done ANYTHING with their AMX card at Disney lately??? (other than cut it into little tiny pieces and cast it out over the seven seas lagoon:rolleyes:)

Question 2. Has anyone ever stayed as "White Glove"? Did you book thru AMX Travel or just pay for it all on the card???

Question 3. Also on this site I found another wonderful list of stuff provided with the AP. I know that the hotel rates for January wont be out for a few months but can anyone fill me in on what the current discounts or offers are with the AP???

I will accept all remarks, suggestions, coments, or sarcasim(sp) with out ever holding it against the writer...We are all entitled to our own opinions:D

thanx !!!!

Usually I am my own travel agent. However, for a trip to WDW with my daughter and family, I booked everything through American Express travel.....they did it all with one phone call: airlines, resort(CBR), rental car and Disney tickets. We chose all of the White Glove Treatment options as outlined here on the DIS and were very satisfied.

You do not need to book through AmEx Travel. All you need to do is stay at least 2 nights at any Disney resort and pay using the AmEx card. You will receive all the benefits. Works for me everytime I go down.

To everyone THANK YOU!!!
I origionally found all this neat info on the sites mentioned, but could never get anything confirmed by the "powers that be"!!! But now that I have heard from great "Disers" I know it to be true!!!

And by the way...my moma does wear combat boots...thank you! And I am not secret...I was to busy spending all my time trying to figure out this vacation to write. You will hear from me again.......

Do you have to ask for whiteglove or do they automatically notice if you've used amex and give you the "whiteglove" with out requesting?

If you book white glove through AMEX travel you get extras (THAT YOU PAY FOR) such as Disney Dollars, flex features etc. Usually not a great deal.
If you charge at least 2 nights on AMEX you get a fanny pack and a small booklet listing the various AMEX discounts you're entitled to. That's really all the white glove treatment is. You usually don't have to ask.

Okay, I'm having a senior moment (pretty bad at age 34 huh LOL) I still don't understand.

I'm checking into ASMu for 2 nights prior to my DVC stay at OKW. I am getting the AP $49/night rate. I will be paying for these 2 nights at ASMu with Amer Ex, but I did not book it thru Amer Ex Travel just thru Disney CO's. Am I still elligible for the White Glove Treatment? and will I receive the fanny packs? Do I have to ask for them or will they just be provided?

Thanks for clearing it up for me,
Cheryl :bounce:

Yep! Yep! and Sure mention it, but it pretty automatic when usin' AM EXp. Just use the card, no pre-arrangements are needed.

Do they send the fanny packs and booket to you in the mail, or do they give it to you at check-in?

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Are the discounts listed in "the little booklet" the same as those listed on the wdwig/amx page??? I know that at anytime the offers can be discontinued, but on one of my three calls to amx (I always try for best out of three trys) a really nice representative told me that the discounts were provided "at check in" and in the five years she had been with amx they have never changed...but couldn't confirm what they are because I "was not check in":confused:

anyone get "the little booklet" lately???

Sounds like you get one pack. Then depending on the mood of the CM you get - you could receive one per party member.

If you use another card for the deposit, can you still get the packs by charging the room balance to AMEX? Or can you charge two nights to AMEX and the rest on another card?
:confused:

Yes, you can pay your deposit by AMEX and then put the rest on another card. I did this last fall. You get one fannypack per registered guest (at least I did).

Last year at DL, we got one fanny pack, NOT one per person. Hmmmm. I never used it anyway, so didn't much matter one way or the other, but now I'm feeling cheated. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter