An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

Right?! OH well, at least I can say I missed a night of sleep in the bathtub.
:laughing: That's true!
I really still don't understand why EPCOT opens so darned late. It's a joke! Esp for families with kids who are awake at 6:00 AM and done for the day at 5:00 or so.
Hmmm... that's actually a good question. Because the focus in WS is more food oriented and they need prep time? I really don't know.
OH I wasn't. At all. It was hard to get around (even getting on and off the scooter was hard still) so I wasn't in a hurry to go or do anything really.
Ohhh...
Thanks! Rule of 3's diagonal-style on that one.
I hadn't clued in to that! Nicely done!
It's good luck, ya know. They should randomly put a piece of gold up there. It'd be like pulling the sword from the stone.
:laughing:
Maybe this Fall I can try on in Italy. :/
You can do that... daily! :)
Those things are lethal! Even a small chicken beak can hurt, so I can't even imagine how awful a 4 inch dagger like that would feel!
:scared:
I think it was so symmetrically arranged with a bold design in the middle.
So you're saying... it was pretty.
See? It really was very, very good. I had hoped to have a stay at the Tower a few months ago, but sadly that trip fell through. I'd have gotten then too.
Well, poop. That's too bad. Maybe you'll go again soon?

All the renos on the trailer look great! And yes, I can see the drink holders. Very convenient. Put drink in holder, pass out on couch!

Hmmm... that's actually a good question. Because the focus in WS is more food oriented and they need prep time? I really don't know.

Maybe? Good hypothesis, though. :)

You can do that... daily! :)

Well, I could but that would be a lot of calories!

So you're saying... it was pretty.
Yes. :laughing:
Well, poop. That's too bad. Maybe you'll go again soon?

All the renos on the trailer look great! And yes, I can see the drink holders. Very convenient. Put drink in holder, pass out on couch!

No, I don't think I'll be at Disney again for the foreseeable future. I've got several trips planned for other places and won't have the time off.

Maybe? Good hypothesis, though. :)
And I'm probably completely wrong!
Well, I could but that would be a lot of calories!
Calories don't count on vacation!!!!
No, I don't think I'll be at Disney again for the foreseeable future. I've got several trips planned for other places and won't have the time off.
Work should not be allowed to get in the way of Disney trips!
They should just fund them and be done.

I wanted to quickly share some of my RV Makeover projects that have been keeping me busy.

I've been following your progress on FB! Looking good!

How long are you there before going back to KY?

Hopefully another update very soon! :)

Take your time! I'm almost caught up! Then again so many of my friends either haven't been to Disney or have just stopped writing TRs all together. Only a few left that I'm following.

I've been following your progress on FB! Looking good!

How long are you there before going back to KY?

My last day here in the 23rd or so. I'll take some time to road trip around on my way home. So many places I haven't seen or been to yet. Not really sure where yet, but I'm sure I'll find some adventure out there. :)
Take your time! I'm almost caught up! Then again so many of my friends either haven't been to Disney or have just stopped writing TRs all together. Only a few left that I'm following.
I know. :( Such a shame. But I am glad that you are still here, my friend. I've loved getting to know you through our reports and in person. You're such a treasure. :hug:

Towering Toasts and Tastes

The trip, thankfully, was uneventful. No one was harmed in the making of this dinner. But where did you go, you might be asking? To California Grill for a spectacular end-of-the-trip meal.

We checked in at the podium and were quickly whisked up to the 15th floor. The staff was extremely welcoming and courteous as we were shown to our… WINDOW table! Yep, right on the glass. And we couldn’t have timed it better, not that I intentionally did, it was really just a lucky seating and time.

Our server greeted us and soon enough we’d placed our orders for a cocktail. I knew, thanks to a recommendation by Su-Lynn, that I wanted to try the Ice Wine Martini. Oh my heck, this was divine! So yummy!

Marcia ordered a glass of wine and Mom and Dad probably had iced tea or Coke. No idea. They aren’t big drinkers so this is my best guess. As we sipped, the most spectacular sunset began to unfold. As the lights started to twinkle around the Magic Kingdom and Space Mountain came aglow with purple, we sat in awe as the colors danced in the sky. From our perch high up in the Contemporary we enjoyed each other’s company in a lovely space.

Our food was delivered with perfect timing. Mom and Dad split a steak and an add-on salad, while Marcia had the Mushroom Ravioli Handcrafted Wild Mushroom Ravioli, Chanterelle Mushrooms, Honeynut Squash, Herbed-Pistachio Pesto, Truffle-Mushroom “Cream” (Plant-based), I opted for the Butternut Squash Soup which is not on the current menu along with the California Grill Sushi Classics Trio- Blue Crab California Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Spicy Kazan Roll. Everyone absolutely raved about their meals. Mine was presented so artfully it was hard to eat it! So pretty!

Sorry, only managed photos of my own food. 😊 The soup was just perfect and the sushi very fresh. I loved this meal, not only for the food, which is consistently good, but for the unparalleled view and sunset extravaganza. I’ve generally had excellent service here with a couple of exceptions where it’s been a bit slow, but everything was spot on this evening.

The Grand Finale was the EWP- the Proverbial Cherry on Top. We were too early for any fireworks, and somehow this was okay. We’d had a full and wonderful day.

One more chapter and that’ll close out this TR. I hope your weekend has been a good one!

To California Grill for a spectacular end-of-the-trip meal.
Ah! I might have guessed that. But... too many to chose from!
we were shown to our… WINDOW table!
Score!
I knew, thanks to a recommendation by Su-Lynn, that I wanted to try the Ice Wine Martini. Oh my heck, this was divine! So yummy!
That sounds good. What else is in it other than ice wine? Surely not Vermouth??
IMG_8106%20%28Edited%29-L.jpg
Pretty shot. :thumbsup2
Gorgeous!
Mine was presented so artfully it was hard to eat it! So pretty!
Does look pretty. ::yes::
The Grand Finale was the EWP- the Proverbial Cherry on Top.
Yes! That's always such a treat when you see it. It's like... "Is that supposed to happen?"

Ah! I might have guessed that. But... too many to chose from!

There are quite a few good places to choose from to be sure. :)
That sounds good. What else is in it other than ice wine? Surely not Vermouth??

No, it was vodka and maybe something else? Might have been vanilla vodka. It was pretty sweet, but not overly sappy. I am pretty Su-Lynn ( @chunkymonkey )posted the link or at least menu description when she wrote about it.

Pretty shot. :thumbsup2

THanks!

Yes! That's always such a treat when you see it. It's like... "Is that supposed to happen?"
It's so old school Disney. Love it, but, I like the photo as muchly. I had NO idea that the reflection of the kitchen and some bottles of wine would be in it. LOL!!

There are quite a few good places to choose from to be sure. :)
For sure!
No, it was vodka and maybe something else? Might have been vanilla vodka. It was pretty sweet, but not overly sappy. I am pretty Su-Lynn ( @chunkymonkey )posted the link or at least menu description when she wrote about it.
Huh. You'd think an "ice wine" drink would have.... ice wine.
It's so old school Disney.
::yes::
I had NO idea that the reflection of the kitchen and some bottles of wine would be in it. LOL!!
Got the idea, though. ::yes::

I really love how your renovations are turning the spaces into HOME! The tile is a beautiful choice, and definitely looks like the real deal instead of peel and stick!! And love the way you've changed the entire look of the bedroom wall like that. I just do not have an eye for this kind of thing, but you've made some incredible upgrades with some simple changes. Can't wait to see how the rest comes together!

I avoided the excuse of a breakfast I was served the day before of shriveled up sausage and fake eggs and played it safe with a choco croissant and coffee.

Hopefully yours actually had chocolate in it. I'm still bitter.

We came, we saw, we enjoyed…

Shortest TR ever.

One highlight was the Affogado from the Italian ice cream place: “Affogato” Espresso Gelato,Fresh Italian espresso poured over vanilla gelato with an amaretto cookie- $11.75 While grossly overpriced, I do admit, it was probably one of the best Disney snacks I’ve ever had. The CM was so fun and was just gushing about how this was the best kept “Hidden Mickey snack on property”. Kinda love that!

That does sound like a really good treat! Julie would love that.

Still have to finish the other side of the window to the edge of the sink but so far, so good! This is a peel and stick "tile" but look totally legit. Wipeable too!

The trailer is looking really good! You've really classed up the place.

We checked in at the podium and were quickly whisked up to the 15th floor. The staff was extremely welcoming and courteous as we were shown to our… WINDOW table! Yep, right on the glass.

Wow, score one for the good guys.

:love:Just stunning! What a treat.

Loving all your RV upgrades! The space is really coming together and looks lovely. :)

Our server greeted us and soon enough we’d placed our orders for a cocktail. I knew, thanks to a recommendation by Su-Lynn, that I wanted to try the Ice Wine Martini. Oh my heck, this was divine! So yummy!
Sounds delish!
Sorry, only managed photos of my own food. 😊 The soup was just perfect and the sushi very fresh. I loved this meal, not only for the food, which is consistently good, but for the unparalleled view and sunset extravaganza. I’ve generally had excellent service here with a couple of exceptions where it’s been a bit slow, but everything was spot on this evening.
Such a spectacular meal!

I don't know where my quotes are going...

I hope you had a good time at the Rodeo, and that it wasn't too chilly.
Enjoy spring! We're still definitely in winter here...

I'm headed to Sedona on Friday, and I know AZ has been colder than usual. We discovered that unfortunately there's a Film Festival in Sedona this weekend. One of my friends was really hoping for a nice spa massage, and everything is all booked up. Luckily I was able to get a brunch reservation for Sunday. I'm hoping that we can find places to eat at dinner that aren't packed with film people!

Great that you're getting work done on your RV!

And so nice to see the Water Pageant on your last night. I'm hoping that it works out we can see it one evening, but we don't have it in the plans right now.

The staff was extremely welcoming and courteous as we were shown to our… WINDOW table! Yep, right on the glass. And we couldn’t have timed it better, not that I intentionally did, it was really just a lucky seating and time.

Nice score! and beautiful sunset photos!

The soup was just perfect and the sushi very fresh. I loved this meal, not only for the food, which is consistently good, but for the unparalleled view and sunset extravaganza.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the meal, sounds like a lovely time.

Well apparently when it errored out the first time, it wasn't actually an error and it posted twice. Anywho.....nifty photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter