An hour at the GF alone...what can I do?

Belle5

DIS Veteran
My guys are renting 4 Water Mice (our tradition) and heading out for an hour (next week) from the GF marina. Since I'm 6 months pregnant I don't want the jolting action of the speed boats. So, I'm going to hang out at the GF by myself. If it were after 2 pm-- I know what I'd do. The tea. But, my free time will be around noon. Should I just browse the gift shops, or get a massage, pedicure or what? Maybe I'll just walk around the beach. Any suggestions? (We are having breakfast at GF Cafe before the head out to the marina.)

Belle5, I love to sit in the lobby and people-watch. Or sit out by the marina or swimming pool and read. It's such a beautiful resort, that you can easily spend an hour just walking around the grounds.

I vote for 1/2 hr. massage and a pedicure...ooohhhh...how very delicious for you!!!

I would definitely walk on over to the GF Spa and have a pedicure.. You deserve it 6 months pregnant and walking around WDW... :)

If I had one or two hours without the troops I would just get a cup of tea or a lemonade and sit in the lobby/pool and relax with a magazine or people watch!! I hope to do some of that on our trip!!! Mice boats for all sounds like a great idea!!!Have fun!

Two things immediately come to mind.

1. A pedicure

or

2. Grabbing something cool and do the people watching thing!

But regardless what you decide have a wonderful time!!!

My vote is for the manicure and pedicure - at 6 mos pregnant your feet will thank you with all that walking!!

Some ideas...

1) Shopping. They have some great shops at the GF. Pricey, but fun for browsing.

2) Flop on one of the fabulous sofas and nap. They are THE MOST COMFORTABLE places to sit in all The World. Honest.

3) Head out to the pool and have something cold to drink and watch the palm trees sway.

4) Ask for a tour. I believe the GF offers them periodically. All you have to do is ask. Better yet: tell 'em you're interested in seeing some of the suites for your next visit. If it's not too busy, they'll be happy to give you a peek.

Whatever you do, you'll love it. The GF remains my favorite resort hotel. It's a pleasure just to drink it all in :bounce:

I vote for the pedicure. You won't have time for the massage and pedicure.

Anne

Be pampered with their Tea service in the afternoon. They have decaf, sandwiches, desserts and it is heavenly!

Get yourself a pedicure, and then, with the short time you have left, go sit by the pool, read a magazine, and admire your pretty toes (at six months pregnant you can still see your toes!) ;)

I am in a similar situation (although NOT pregnant) but my dds are doing the grand adventures in cooking for 2 hours. I plan a very leisurely relaxing solo breakfast. And when they do the tea party for an hour I will just hang around and shop in the lobby.

However, if I were you, being pregnant, I would opt for the pedicure. Nothing like having those tootsies pampered.

Laura

Originally posted by Diamond_Girls
Be pampered with their Tea service in the afternoon. They have decaf, sandwiches, desserts and it is heavenly!

She said noon--tea doesn't start until 2:00.

Anne

Since you'll be full from your breakfast, I'd say just grab a lounge chair and hang pool-side. An hour really isn't that much time so just enjoy it.

Can't advise about the pedicure - I absolutely hate feet. I'd rather walk around on just my ankles, but of course I'd just keel over . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter