And yet another, seems there is always another......

All of the crazy Florida man headlines are at least in part due to Florida's public records laws. Everything is readily available to be seen and picked up by news outlets. They don't necessarily have more dumb or weird crimes, the records are just way more readily available.

1674752897031-png.735167

How are these midwestern states more violent than Florida?
Florida crime reports are the stuff of legends!
All Midwest states other than MO are equal to or less than FL.

All of the crazy Florida man headlines are at least in part due to Florida's public records laws. Everything is readily available to be seen and picked up by news outlets. They don't necessarily have more dumb or weird crimes, the records are just way more readily available.
What if other states maintain the same public record laws, and suddenly we see Florida Men are conducting weird crimes in other states too?

I remember when we used to watch America’s Most Wanted.

They almost always seemed to find the perps in FL!

I think a lot has changed since then, though.

Personally, I’m concerned about the stories I read here pages back of people breaking into homes to get car keys, then stolen cars being shipped off to who-knows-where. I haven’t seen much reported about that.

But then I noticed in a local paper something similar but people were stealing keys from unlocked lockers at gyms, and stealing the cars, presumably for the same reason.

Where and when does it end? Will it end, or will it get worse?

Like some others here, I’m gun-neutral, but I do think people have a right to protect their homes, families and possessions. I don’t believe it’s ok that thieves are sauntering into peoples’ homes and stealing their things. This is what we’ve become?

What if they decide not to stop at car keys? Maybe help themselves to more; maybe come back the next day? Or decide your son or daughter is pretty cute and take a detour through the bedroom on their way out? Because people who live this kind of life don’t always stop at one thing if they know there’s more for the taking.

Yes there will never be another Florida, I don't know how they do it.

Wow, Midwest is blowing my mind.

FBI's Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities in the Midwest
  • St. Louis, Mo., pop. 314,507.
  • Kansas City, Mo., pop. 478,364.
  • Rockford, Ill., pop. 147,363.
  • Milwaukee, Wisc., pop. 600,193.
  • Minneapolis, Minn., pop. 416,751.
  • Lansing, Mich., pop. 115,199.
  • Chicago, Ill., pop. 2,725,153.
  • South Bend, Ind., pop. 101,621.
Why so high, Midwest?
I googled them all. I could tell you, but I'd get pointed...

1674752897031-png.735167

How are these midwestern states more violent than Florida?
Florida crime reports are the stuff of legends!
How does that map show anything about what states are more violent? The key just says "age adjusted death rate". Wouldn't that include ALL deaths (accidental, suicide, homicide, natural)?

How does that map show anything about what states are more violent? The key just says "age adjusted death rate". Wouldn't that include ALL deaths (accidental, suicide, homicide, natural)?
This is map is from this site, which was posted earlier in this thread by Starport Seven-Five.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm
The site page is titled "Firearm Mortality by State".

Wouldn't that include ALL deaths (accidental, suicide, homicide, natural)?
The CDC failed to specify how many people died from natural causes by firearm.

This is map is from this site, which was posted earlier in this thread by Starport Seven-Five.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm
The site page is titled "Firearm Mortality by State".

The CDC failed to specify how many people died from natural causes by firearm.
And now that the link to the page is out, you can see what the chart actually showed. It's helpful to include the full chart (whoever posts it).

The map is colored by deaths/100,000. Looking at it that way, CA is 44 (as someone else has mentioned). HOWEVER, if you look at number of firearm deaths, Texas, California, and Florida are #1-3, with more than 60% more deaths than #4 (Georgia).

Not arguing, just making a statement.

And now that the link to the page is out, you can see what the chart actually showed. It's helpful to include the full chart (whoever posts it).

The map is colored by deaths/100,000. Looking at it that way, CA is 44 (as someone else has mentioned). HOWEVER, if you look at number of firearm deaths, Texas, California, and Florida are #1-3, with more than 60% more deaths than #4 (Georgia).

Not arguing, just making a statement.
Well yeah, because those states have a whole lot more people. That's why deaths/100,000 makes more sense as a comparison.

That link to the page was posted earlier too. It was posted with the map. I'm sorry, Sam Gordon. I should have told you that on that post, but since you've been posting in previous pages of this thread, I thought yourself and others may have already seen the map and link. And from there, we would have had context.

Granted, some of you posters have eachother blocked, so you might not see those posts in reference. And after this thread leans more towards politics, you probably will have more posters blocked!

"The map is colored by deaths/100,000. Looking at it that way, CA is 44 (as someone else has mentioned). HOWEVER, if you look at number of firearm deaths, Texas, California, and Florida are #1-3, with more than 60% more deaths than #4 (Georgia).

Not arguing, just making a statement."

Oh, I don't even care about those arguments, I'm just concerned that you know that the map was posted earlier.

Granted, some of you posters have eachother blocked, so you might not see those posts in reference. And after this thread leans more towards politics, you probably will have more posters blocked!
Seriously ...who would be foolish enough to block me???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter