Andreah and Brian - Dec 8th, 2009 (Reception Photos Posted)

I love that greetings card with Season of Joy on it- it was so pretty!

I love the idea of giving giving guests welcome /gift packs to your guests- if we can keep our wedding to a reasonable cost, then i would consider doing this. I think its really nice, and especially because my guests will be travelling from the UK- but if we can make them, ill definately do them for the kids among our guests. Its a great idea. If i was attending a wedding in Disney i would be shocked and happy at the guesture of a welcome gift pack made for you! Good thinking!

So have you got your dress yet?

I got fairytale brownies sent to me from a friend in AZ and I am in LOVE with them! If you keep posting delicious pics of them up here I will be forced to buy more and use all my weight watchers points for the year on them :rotfl: ! Such great bags! Awaiting mroe yummy pics of delcious food:cool1:

I think your guests will love the welcome bags! You've already found some really cute stuff and I'm sure they'll be overflowing by Dec! I'm really intrigued with these brownies. I can't really imagine non-home made brownies being that amazing... I guess I'm going to HAVE to try them! Plus I love the name it's so Disney! I plan on doing welcome bags as well and may have to add them. Do they come individually wrapped? Do you think they'll stay fresh enough in transport to FL? Is one flavor better than another? Maybe I'll have to try them all:lmao:

mmmm yummy!!

I think you should try them all... just incase...! hehe!! afterall, you need to make sure they are perfect, and thats a very good excuse! :hyper:

You know, i wished i lived in America (well me and DF hope to move there one day if we are allowed! hehe).. you seem to have the most yummiest food everywhere. Whenever i go out there, its sooo good, i have to eat everything i set my eyes on! In the UK, food is sooo crap, Everything is so crap in the UK =(

hehe

Not long after I became engaged, I reluctantly started looking around the web for wedding dress ideas. The prospect of having to purchase a wedding dress was particularly horrifying for me. You see, I'm sort of a "freak of nature". For whatever crazy reason, I'm a full three sizes larger in the chest area than I am in the fanny/hips area. I always have to buy my clothes in separates so that I can get different sizes in the top and bottom. In a good suit, I'm a 6 regular in pants and 12 petite in jackets. So, anyway, I absolutely LOATHE trying on dresses. I just don't like how I look in them.

But one day - out of nowhere - I just happened to come across a really pretty dress on eBay in a Size 12 - brand new with tags for next-to-nothing. So I started going through the patented "buying a wedding dress on eBay" thought process:

- Step 1: "There's no way in $%&#@ I'm buying a wedding gown on eBay."
- Step 2: "It's really pretty though, and cheap."
- Step 3: "There's no way it's going to look like the picture though. There's got to be something wrong with it."
- Step 4: "Okay, what the heck. If it looks like total crap when I get it, I don't have to wear it. It's not much money to gamble."

So, yeah, I ordered it. It arrived in about a week, and is absolutely stunning! (And the seller was a pleasure to work with as well.) There's not a thing in the world wrong with it . . . . except that it doesn't quite fit. It fits in the waist and hips but gets stuck halfway up my back. This is the story of my life - I'm so depressed.

Now I'm trying to decide what to do about it. I am going to try to lose a little bit of weight to see if that will do the trick. I've also considered having the zipper removed and replaced with a lace-up back and/or having "v" shaped fabric pieces added under the arms to give a bit of room in the top. I've also considered looking for another dress or getting the same dress in a larger size. I've also started wondering if the dress is a little too "poofy" for an "encore bride" . . . maybe I should try something a little more understated.

But, for now anyway, this is the dress that is hanging in my storage closet:

460949176_Vrn22-L.jpg

Da Vinci Style 8005
Purchased on eBay
Price: $140 total ($120 for the dress + $20 shipping)

One more bit of commentary on the dress . . . I find it hysterical that it is the same dress that the cartoon version of "me" is wearing . . . how crazy is that?!

I've also snagged a couple of accessories from eBay:

460955308_N6JrL-L.jpg

Kate Spade Elizabeth Style
Purchased on eBay
Price: $72 total ($70 for the shoes + $9 shipping - $7 PayPal coupon)

460955311_jDXgu-L.jpg

Ann Leslie Designs
Purchased on eBay
Price: $29 total ($29 for the headpiece + FREE shipping)

Oh it's so pretty! Can you take it to a local semstress and see if anything can be done? I mean for $140 why not??

Beautiful dress! Take it to an alterations place and I'm sure they can do something with it! Even if it's a little pricey you'll still end up ahead!:cool1:

I bought Brian a wedding band tonight! Thanks to a tip from a fellow DisBride about a jewelry sale on Overstock.com, we found a beautiful wedding band for Brian. But after measuring his finger, we found that Overstock didn't have the ring in his size. I "googled" the ring description and found another website that had the ring in Brian's size, although it was a little more expensive (but still "next to nothing").

So here it is . . . Brian's ring:

461746573_DaRp4-M.jpg

7mm Comfort Fit Tungsten Carbide Mens Wedding Ring
Purchased from deBebians.com
Cost: $119.98 ($99.99 for the ring + $19.99 for engraving + no sales tax outside CA + free shipping)

I had it engraved to say "OF COURSE!" which was my response to his proposal, although I'm kind of wishing that I'd gone along with my first engraving idea which was "TROPHY HUSBAND" :-) Engraving was limited to 15 characters . . .

I just wanted to say congratulations. You have such a cute story. I love everything so far. Your website is great. Your gift bags are cute and your dress is gorgeous!!!! I'm hooked

I bought Brian a wedding band tonight! Thanks to a tip from a fellow DisBride about a jewelry sale on Overstock.com, we found a beautiful wedding band for Brian. But after measuring his finger, we found that Overstock didn't have the ring in his size. I "googled" the ring description and found another website that had the ring in Brian's size, although it was a little more expensive (but still "next to nothing").

So here it is . . . Brian's ring:

I had it engraved to say "OF COURSE!" which was my response to his proposal, although I'm kind of wishing that I'd gone along with my first engraving idea which was "TROPHY HUSBAND" :-) Engraving was limited to 15 characters . . .

How cute! Love the engraving!

so great about the ring, is he going to engrave anything on yours?
I love that cartoon andreah is wearing real life andreah's dress, so funny! You dress is great, I'm sure if you find a good seamstress they will work wonders and make it custom fit for you! Great find on the kate spade shoes, I love her shoes and didnt even think about looking for them on ebay, I'll have to start a hunt lol!:cool1:

the dress is lovely and what a bargain!! take it to a seamstress- a good one, or one that someone would reccomend- and they will take you through the options.

its very pretty, i'd be very scared to buy a dress off ebay, but look what you got!!

Lovely dress and what a bargain! I'm also very top heavy so I feel your pain.

the dress is lovely and what a bargain!! take it to a seamstress- a good one, or one that someone would reccomend- and they will take you through the options.

its very pretty, i'd be very scared to buy a dress off ebay, but look what you got!!

Thanks! I was pretty worried, too. I just had to prepare myself for it to be a TOTAL waste of money. In the grand scheme, $140 isn't very much, so I went for it!

I'm definitely going to take the dress to a seamstress this summer, and I'm sure that there's something that can be done. Worst case scenario, I can get a dress exactly like it in a different size for $200 - $300. But, no matter what size it is, it will still need some surgery :-)

I keep telling myself that I'm going to lose that "last 10 pounds" before I go to the seamstress. I lost 8 legitimately in a period of 6 weeks (10 after a tummy flu), and then . . . Thanksgiving arrived! Between Thanksgiving, Christmas, a TON of stress, weather too cold and no daylight to exercise outside, and an elliptical machine that doesn't work, I've gained back all but two of the pounds I lost. Lame :-(

But, that's okay. I know what I have to do . . . I just have to take the time to plan and find a way to exercise when I'm stressed instead of drowning my sorrows in pita chips and hummus . . . sorry about that - off-topic tangent!

I just wanted to say thanks to all who have been reading and commenting on my journal . . . It's so exciting to be able to share the experience with you guys!

hey, you get the dress to fit you- not you making yourself to fit into the dress! (if that is worded correctly!!)

you dont have to loose weight just to get into the dress- the seamstress can do wonders if they are good to make the dress adaptable by having a corset back ect?

Dont add extra stress on yourself to loose weight if you dont want to / or need to!! :flower3: just get the seamstress to sort it out..

we females need pita chips and hummus ...!!

malibustacey: hey, you get the dress to fit you- not you making yourself to fit into the dress! (if that is worded correctly!!)

you dont have to loose weight just to get into the dress- the seamstress can do wonders if they are good to make the dress adaptable by having a corset back ect?

Dont add extra stress on yourself to loose weight if you dont want to / or need to!! just get the seamstress to sort it out..

we females need pita chips and hummus ...!!

Amen Sister! Pita chips and hummus have helped me through some really rough times! At least you indulge more in pita and hummus then those fairytale brownies lol!

Subscribing to your PJ Andreah! I've been off the DIS for a while so haven't noticed! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

I went shopping yesterday and came across a really pretty dress at Cache that I thought would be nice for two events:

(1) My company's annual Awards Gala (which is going to be on Feb 19th), and
(2) Our Rehearsal Dinner in December - we're aiming for California Grill

I'm not sure whether it was a really new item or one that's been there awhile, but I couldn't find a photo of it on the Cache web site.

I'll photos photos of the actual dress with me wearing it after the Awards Gala, but in the meantime here's a photo of a Cache dress that is similar to the one I bought:

465739829_5iXgo-O.jpg

The differences are that the dress I bought has long sleeves, it's a v-neck, the white portion points down in a "v" shape, and there is a silver toned buckle where the black and white portions meet.

I have this necklace from White House Black Market, that looks really nice with the dress:

465743473_LPnay-L.jpg

Dresses normally "don't agree" with me, so I was really excited to find one for the rehearsal that looks fairly decent :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter