Animal Kingdom Restaurant

butterflylady131

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me please? I am looking to make a reservation at an animal kingdom restaurant for an evening meal in October. Can anyone recommend a restaurant that we have to dress up for? And how do I make the reservation? Is there an email address I can use to book a table, or do I have to ring? ( I am in England). We are not staying at Disney, but I want a nice meal at a nice restaurant just once on my trip!;)

Thanks

Welcome to the DIS! Congrats on your first post.

My family loved Yak & Yeti at AK. It's not a dress up restaurant but very yummy. You can book online on the Disney site (I think you can even with being in England). Are you interested in a dress up outside of a park?

Most of the dressier places will not be in the parks. Theme park restaurants serve theme park patrons. As a result, even in the nicest restaurants, you will see people in shorts and t-shirts.

If you're looking for something near Animal Kingdom, you could take a bus (even if you are staying off property) over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and try Jiko, a signature restaurant with a business casual dress code.

The only place left at WDW with a formal dress code that I know of is Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. But that's gonna REALLY cost you.

As the PP said, you can book online here:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Good luck!

People do dress up nice at the signature restaurants. If you want the same feel as animal kingdom try Jiko at animal kingdom lodge. Or there is Narcooses or Citricos at Grand Floridian or Califnornia Grill at the contemporary or Flying Fish or Yahtsman Steakhouse in the boardwalk area. All of these you can book by going to the waltdisneyworld.com website and do online dining reservations. good luck

You mentioned planning a reservation for an evening meal. Animal Kingdom closed at 5 PM or 6 PM each day, except for evenings when they have Extra Magic Hours (EMH) until 8 PM, but this is for resort guests only. The restaurants in the park take their last reservation right around park closing time.

If you want to eat later than 5 or 6 PM, you definitely have to go to one of the resorts, or to another park that is open later.

Previous posters have offered many great options and explained that you can make your reservation (ADR) online; no need for a phone call.

Hi there! You'll want to book a meal at Jiko. It is located a the Animal Kingdom Lodge and gets excellent reviews. It is a 5 minute ride from the AK park to the AK Lodge, literally on the same street.

Jiko is an Signature restaurant so nicer attire is expected.

Jiko will be the nicest food in that area of WDW and you can dress up if you want to but there be many diners that will be wearing park attire. The only restaurant at WDW where a dress code is enforced is Victoria & Alberts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter