Animal Kingdom Savannah View in the summer

csmart1152

Earning My Ears
Hey guys. Just debating between AK and WL for a summer trip and was wondering if the Savannah view is worth it during the hot summer months? Do the animals come out to play during the Florida heat? We've never stayed at AK but wasn't sure it was worth the extra points for the view in the summer? Thanks

I would like to know this as well. We are staying at kidani village this august for the first time in a savannah view room & I sure hope we'll see animals. :)

I was there last August, plenty of animals in the morning and night,
We woke up to Giraffes out our window.

During the day, not sure we were in the parks.

We stayed at AKV (Kidani) the first week of August last year and also saw lots of animals. We really enjoyed the resort. Those rooms are so nice! And loved the extra bathroom.

I was at Kidani in June 2009, we saw the most animals late afternoon when they fed them in our area. We were in the far inside of the "horseshoe", the animals stayed more up by the lobby. When the animals are hungry, they go where the food is, hot or not.

Sunset Savannah, Kidani

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I don't think you will have any problem with the animals in the heat of the summer. We were at Kidani last August and there were animals roaming the savannah all day long - waking up and seeing giraffes eating right outside your window is amazing :)

They are African animals, so they should be made for heat.

I think winter is a bigger issue. Some unseasonably cool days can result in animals being kept inside their barns, for their safety.

The only issue I see is not wanting to open the door to the balcony or sit out on the balcony, but I'm sensitive to humidity. Had a lovely WL Courtyard room in October. I opened the door the first day, the humidity hit me, and I promptly closed the door again for 3 days until the weather changed and cooled a bit. Yes, I made it through the parks, but when I was back in the room I wanted the AC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter