Animal Kingdom Value Studios

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
We're purchasing our first AK contract. I was noticing there are very low point value studios. What are they like?

They are smaller than the normal DVC rooms, have a 'value' view of landscaping or parking lot, and can be extremely difficult to reserve - even at 11 months. They are also somewhat conveniently located near the main entrance! People like the fact they can stay at AKL for low point totals. We've stayed in them a couple times, and it was plenty nice for a few nights for 2 of us.....

There are only a handful of the value studios which is why they are usually gone within 5 minutes of the 11 month window.

There are 18 value studios; 8 dedicated and 10 lockoffs. 8 of them are savanna view, 8 are pool view, and 2 are parking-lot view. They do not take requests for these studios, so you get what you get.

The studios are 3 feet shorter than a the normal studio. The bed and sofa are flipped from the normal configuration, with the bed next to the balcony.

Congratulations on your AKV purchase, I hope you enjoy staying at the resort - we love it.
The value villas are located on the 5th floor of Jambo House in the 2 wings at the front of the building - Ostrich & Giraffe trail. Because they are such point savers they are very popular & very hard to get. We’ve owned AKV for almost a decade, we book right at 11 months & we have never managed to get one. Here’s the map showing the location of all the 5th floor DVC villas at Jambo.
FYI, the other category of hard to get villas are the club/concierge villas which are not on this map - they are located above the lobby on the 6th floor - we’ve never gotten one of those either 😂.
97EB36F5-1C60-4187-AF2B-5ED00D230498.gif

They are smaller than the normal DVC rooms, have a 'value' view of landscaping or parking lot, and can be extremely difficult to reserve - even at 11 months. They are also somewhat conveniently located near the main entrance! People like the fact they can stay at AKL for low point totals. We've stayed in them a couple times, and it was plenty nice for a few nights for 2 of us.....
Most of the time I've gotten a pool view, except one time when I got a view of the Sunset Savannah. That time I felt like I'd won the DVC lottery-it was so great for the points! Theoretically the room is a little smaller, but it's not really noticeable. One time I split my stay between a value studio and a standard, and one thing I wanted to see was if I found the difference in size noticeable. And it wasn't really!

The value rooms are value because they are smaller than other rooms, e.g., the value studio is about 316 sq ft compared to other studios at AKV which are close to 360, a very noticeable difference. About 40% of the values have savanna view, 40% pool view, and 20% front entrance, parking lot view. When making a reservation you cannot request view -- it is luck-of-the-draw.

Do not purchase AKV with the intent of usually being able to get value or club level rooms. Year round, studios and 2BRs can be fully reserved within moments after 8 a.m. at 11 months out or even before (by those getting multiple days shortly before your start date). The winners are simply those whose computers communicate faster than others with Disney's computers right at 8 a.m. at 11-months. The value and club level 1BRs also have the 11-month issue but just not as often as the studios and 2BRs.

Thanks for feedback all! I don't mind a small room at all. I guess I better be exercising for fast fingers on reservation morning. What time does it open?

Thanks for feedback all! I don't mind a small room at all. I guess I better be exercising for fast fingers on reservation morning. What time does it open?
Online booking opens at 8 AM Eastern time, phone booking at 9.

Most of the time I've gotten a pool view, except one time when I got a view of the Sunset Savannah. That time I felt like I'd won the DVC lottery-it was so great for the points! Theoretically the room is a little smaller, but it's not really noticeable. One time I split my stay between a value studio and a standard, and one thing I wanted to see was if I found the difference in size noticeable. And it wasn't really!
We must've been really unlucky the 2 times we stayed - had asphalt views that were not very interesting!! Seeing the layout, the odds of that happening were kinda low!

Not the same, but we managed to cobble together a 1 bedroom value just this past September for 1 week. I could get 4 days in a row, no problem, and then added a day every couple of days. We didn't notice any difference in size - at least not something where we thought, "oh yeah, this is smaller". Ended up with a parking lot view but we loved it. It's worth a try just for the points savings if you can get it but we didn't buy with snagging a value in mind. Pictures just for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1643.jpeg
    IMG_1643.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1645.jpeg
    IMG_1645.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 47
Not the same, but we managed to cobble together a 1 bedroom value just this past September for 1 week. I could get 4 days in a row, no problem, and then added a day every couple of days. We didn't notice any difference in size - at least not something where we thought, "oh yeah, this is smaller". Ended up with a parking lot view but we loved it. It's worth a try just for the points savings if you can get it but we didn't buy with snagging a value in mind. Pictures just for reference.
I don't see one bedroom value as an option....help?

We have stayed in several, but they have gotten so hard to get, I almost feel it's not worth the hassle. It's very stressful trying to book them. PP who said they are gone 5 minutes into the 11-month window overshot it by A LOT! It's more like they are gone in 0.5 of a second! Even with walking, it's stressful. You have to be fast to get your walk going. I've also had many walks blocked for unknown reasons and lost rooms. The best luck I had was getting three value studios for Thanksgiving break. We ended up with two savanna-view rooms and one parking lot-view. All our other times, we've gotten pool-view. Definitely try to get one if you want, but definitely don't buy a contract thinking this is how you will use your points each time.

We're purchasing our first AK contract. I was noticing there are very low point value studios. What are they like?
They are 3 feet smaller than a standard studio and people start walking them months before their 11 month window. Don't buy AKL just for the value rooms since there are like only 18 of them

I just stayed in a value studio last week. Loved it! We got a Savanna view and I enjoyed eating my breakfast while watching the giraffes. The room didn’t feel too much smaller than a regular studio. Can’t beat the point value!

I am an AKV owner. We have a couple of stays booked in the value studio. They are very VERY difficult to book. Usually you have to walk and stalk the system. Not easy if you are going to want the value studio. It’s slightly smaller than the standard located at Jambo. View is Savanna, pool, or parking lot. Last trip we got savanna, which was a great surprise.
Congrats on your AKV, welcome home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter