Anniversary Dinner

GoofieRuthie

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>If you see a sig
Ok, we will be in DL for our Anniversary next month, but will have our kids (14,12,and5) with us. We have asked for and hour or two of ALONE time to celebrate our Anniversary. The rest of the time we have no problem sharing with the youngens. Hubby and I are not into fancy schmancy eating places. I looked at the Blue Bayou menu and it looks a little too froo froo for us. Are there any other decent restaurants in the area? We are staying at the Residence Inn Garden Grove. So, something near there would work great too. I'm open to any other ideas for a semiromantic way to celebrate. It doesn't have to be dinner. I just couldn't think of anything else. I don't want to be away from the kids for more than an hour or so. I'd like to do something where I don't get too far from them either. Any suggestions??

Do you want to eat at the DLR or are you open to eating outside? There's an Outback Steak House right down the street on Harbor that's really close to your hotel. That's always nice. If you want to eat at the DLR, the Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is also a nice place for dinner.

If you don't feel like eating dinner, you and DH can walk around DTD and take in the sights, and then stop by the Grand Californian's lobby and have a drink at the Hearthstone Lounge. I think they even have a limited selection of desserts, but I'm not positive.

Have fun and Happy Anniversary in advance!

We stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites in Garden Grove last time and Bucca di Beppo was right by it. Not sure where Residence Inn is in relation to that...but something to look into. We loved that restaurant!

If your hotel provides transportation to The Block of Orange, just up the street from Garden Grove, there's a nice restaurant called "The Market Broiler". It's mostly seafood, but they also have some chicken, pasta and beef dishes. My dad and I go there from time to time. It's a nice atmosphere, great food and not too pricey.

I'll also second munchkinsmom's suggestion of Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen at DTD. Terrific food!! Can get pricey, but it's very, very good.

Thanks!! :thumbsup2 I've always wanted to try Bucca Di Beppo. I will look up the menus of all mentioned so far.

I should have also mentioned that we will have rental car, so it doesn't have to be within walking distance really. I don't mind if it's in the DLR or offsite. Just as long as it's close enough to the hotel because of our kids.

We will also be in DL for our anniversary--- good idea! I like the one of a drink in the Hearthstone Lounge since we're staying at the GC anyway. My kids 12,10 and 5 can stay in the room for a while. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter