Annoyed! Update! Correction.

Olaf

DIS Cast Member
We're new members, we joined in March and banked our points. We found out that a trip was possible for DH in Sept. We're scheduled for a 3-day cruise. Before the cruise, we planned on going to Vero Beach. After reading the boards, I discovered that the VB pool would be down during our stay there, 16-19 Sep. We have a 6-year old and the pool is important. So we considered Boardwalk, but was pool also down. It was then between VWL and Keywest. We were going to do a studio for such a short trip, and several people here suggested that we'd probably like VWL studios better, plus the pool for DS. We had to borrow points from next year for this trip.

Well, I just received Vacation Magic and it says that the Hidden Springs pool will be under renovation 11-21 Sep. Wow, that's advance notice, don't you think? I specifically mentioned to Member Services that the pool was important. We're not doing the parks on this trip, we were just there for 10 days in March. We will be going to Discovery Cove, but the rest of time was going to be for enjoying the resort, and doing all those things that we've been too busy for in the past.

I understand the need to renovate, but it seems to me that advance notice isn't too much to ask. Is this something they make a habit of doing?

Just venting.

DUH - Hidden Springs turns out to be the "quite" pool. Blame it on newbie ignorance.

I DEFINITELY can see why you are annoyed!!! Three out of the four resorts have pools that are down... BUT... If you were to stay at the Boardwalk, you could very easily walk right over to Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club, or use the quiet pool at the BW....

I really like Wilderness myself, and you've got some good options there even still... Wilderness is by far the BEST place to rent a surrey bike & ride over to Fort Wilderness & the petting zoo.. your daughter could ride the Ponies, and it would be a most memorable experience for her... our kids love this... Also, there is the bon fire over at Fort Wilderness at night... you're most likely to go over if you stay at WL.... There's also the quiet pool at WL also...

I know you'll have a good time!

Isn't "hidden springs" the new quiet pool at VWL? If so, I was wondering why it needs renovation so soon after opening. If that's the case, the main pool of the WL will still be open, which is the one with the slide, 2 hot tubs etc. I'm more concerned with why the pool needs to be rehabbed less than a year after opening.

Lisa

I'm wondering the same thing as Lisa. A year old pool should not need any rehabilitation. Your 6 year old will definitely enjoy the larger pool at WL.

If the pool is closed at any resort, Disney will allow its guests to use other pools on property. Although not as convenient, it will still work.

Like a previous poster mentioned, if you stay at BWV you will be able to go to SAB (which is the better pool anyway).

If you are purchasing a park pass, you could also go to the Water Parks. If you like pools, the water parks will spoil you!

Olaf,
I can relate to your concerns. We went thru the exact same thing. Doing the 3 day cruise Sept. 12th and wanted to stay at BWV or VB beforehand. Found out about the pools and picked OKW. THEN I just read about VWL pool & was glad we went with OKW. But that is good news it is not the main pool at VWL. We are doing Discovery Cove this trip as well. Well my 8 yr old son & DH is. I will watch with our 5 yr old son! This will be our 1st trip as DVC members! Have fun! I am sure we will!

I, too, am wondering the same about the VWL quiet pool. We were just there the beginning of August and thought it was wonderful. It was nice and quiet and we were able to go over to the main pool. Just curious too!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone finds out, I'd be interested in the anwer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter