Annual Pass - Do I have this right?

mattman2k

Mouseketeer
We bought four 5-day tickets through the Kraft offer and have booked the Hard Rock Standard room with the Fan Club rate of $179/nite for 3 nights (May 13-16). At the time it was just four of us going.

Now my older son (26) has decided to go (he declined when we started planning this). With 5 in the party we will now need the Deluxe room. Fan Club rate for the Deluxe is $224 + $25 for extra person.

I checked into the Annual Pass and according to the site I can get one for $99.95. (Blackout dates don't affect us) My assumption is I only need one to get the APH room rate which comes up at $169/nite for the Deluxe (+ $25 extra person I'm sure).

Am I correct with this thinking? Am I missing anything? This seems too good to be true.

I believe the pass you are referring to is the Seasonal Annual Pass and with that pass, you do not get the discounted room rates. Hopefully someone else can clarify this, but I talked with a customer service rep. on phone last week and that is what she told me. I need to upgrade two of my Kraft tickets for AP's since we are going to go again this summer.

Pam

I knew it sounded too good to be true! I believe you are correct. In checking the "complete details" on the Annual Pass page the "Preferred" one states a discount at the hotels, along with a lot of other benefits. But, the cost of the Preferred is only $170, so for an extra $88 above the Kraft deal we'll save $165 plus get the extra discounts. Still looks like a good deal to me!

Thanks for the info BWVPam!

You get hotel discounts with the power pass and the preferred pass. The power pass will not get you meal discounts however. This has been double checked with the hotels and they will honour any annual pass.

If you talk to the annual pass people they will tell you that you need the preferred pass but if you talk to the hotel, they will tell you that they accept both.

Thanks Damo. I'll confirm with Hard Rock before I order then. If I can get the discount with the $99 pass I'll go for that. I don't think the additional benefits will amount to the extra $70 since I already will get a discount with AAA and Fan Club.

MATTMAN2K

We will be at the HRH at the same time 5/13-5/16, celebrating my son's 16th b'day. Do you have teens also?

We got the fan rate after changing from the ENT rate . I bought our tickets online with the Kraft promo, ($81.95 ea) was it cheaper to buy the AP?

Any suggestions for transportation to and from the airport? I was thinking of reserving a town car but i'm not sure.

Anyway with the crazy weather here on LI FLA looks real good right now!!!!

Hi Suzyq123,

No teens here yet (trying not to think about the fact that it's coming!), just a 9 yr DD, 11 yr DS, and 26 yr DS.

We bought the Kraft tickets as well when it was just four of us going but now my older son is going so I will likely get one AP as I found out that the rooms are much cheaper for an AP holder.

Can't help you with the transportation as we always rent a van since we split our time between Disney and Universal. I like the freedom of getting in the car and going when I''m ready (actually, when my DW is ready!).

Have a great time!

It's not worth renting a car for us. We won't be leaving the complex.

Have a great trip! Its about 83 degrees down there now what do you think it will be in May?

Originally posted by Suzyq123
It's not worth renting a car for us. We won't be leaving the complex.

Have a great trip! Its about 83 degrees down there now what do you think it will be in May?
It could be between the 83 & 93....you never know.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter