ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Hopefully this puts to rest the "DVC doesn't appreciate its members because of no annual pass offer" comments.

It was never about DVC management not caring.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, not sure if anyone will find this helpful but happy to share what I just learned. I have an upcoming trip planned May 1-May 7, 2023 at BLT for the week. We (DH, myself and DS) purchased 6 day park hoppers with the water plus option last month directly through Disney. I got the email this morning about the AP's coming back so I called Member Services this afternoon to see if I could upgrade my 6 day unused park hopper to an annual pass (and pay the difference) once April 13th rolls around. After being placed on a long hold while the cast member checked with the right department, she informed me that in the past, this was possible but it has not yet been determined for this new round of sales. She instructed me to call back on April 13th to see if it was an option (which I will do since we now have a February 2024 trip on the books and I'd really like to take advantage of this!). 🤞 🌟💜🤩
We're in the same situation. Going to be calling as well and report back.

Returning tickets is not an option, right? If we know other people going can we sell our tickets to them and they can change the dates?

Oh didnt catch that.

Who wants to bet they screw it up to start with and all those white card members manage to get one when not eligible and then they sell out and people complain they didnt get one who could actually get one...
Yes, wondering the same. Found it frustrating that lots of non-direct DVC members were able to get Tron previews without the required DVC reservation, etc.

I haven’t seen a definite answer on my situation yet reading through all the posts. It may just not be known yet, but I’ll ask anyway. I have been patiently waiting for AP sales to resume since buying DVC last May. Boy was I excited this morning when I saw my email! I recently purchased 5 day PH tickets from Undercover Tourist for DH and I. Our trip is on 5/2. I paid close to $1400 for our tickets, will that amount be able to be applied to the cost of the AP on 4/13? Or would I need to just buy the AP on 4/13 and request a refund from Undercover Tourist for my tickets? I have already linked them in MDE, but of course not used any of the days yet. If I did it this way, would it cancel my park and dining reservations if the AP has to be activated in person? I’ve never had an AP before so I wasn’t sure if MDE would automatically know I bought AP or if it wouldn’t know until I activated them in person. I don’t want to mess up my current reservations, but I also don’t want to spend another $2000+ on AP on top of the $1400 I spent on tickets with Undercover Tourist. All I know for sure is … I am getting those AP’s!! Also, will I need to do all of this by phone if it’s possible?

In my case I need to “upgrade” from pixie dust to sorcerer as well as apply the value of 2 tickets I purchased directly from them by phone for a Sunday June. I am both a FL resident and DVC owner.

I know that it has been allowed that one can use the value of a ticket purchase and apply it to a renewal AP pass. But, I don't think you can use two tickets already purchased to apply to one new pass...its one to one.

Now, you will definitely be able to upgrade your Pixie to Sorcerer, but just not sure if that will be on the 13th or the 20th since even though you are DVC, that pass is because you are a FL resident....

We're in the same situation. Going to be calling as well and report back.

Returning tickets is not an option, right? If we know other people going can we sell our tickets to them and they can change the dates?
Tickets purchased via WDW are non refundable, but they can be transferred to other guests and pay the difference in price. That I know.

Some of the third party brokers allow for refunds with a fee...we had to cancel our January trip when my dad passed away and some of my guests purchased from https://www.undercovertourist.com/ and we got a refund minus 5%, but it was worth it to do that then hold for a full year.

On hold for less then 3 minutes with member services. They already updated the menu voice to tell you about the new sales for APs.

The lady I spoke with was quite certain ticket holders or lower tier pass holders looking to upgrade will be able to on April 13 from the App or website or by calling member services. For tickets, you just click the change ticket option (right now it gives an error), but she said on the 4/13 it'll work you will see an option to upgrade to APs!

Regular ticket prices are front-loaded, so doing four 2-day trips is more costly than doing one 8-day trip. The break-even point is different depending on whether you tend to do short or long trips. In the old days, you could buy a 10-day non-expiring pass to accomplish the same thing, but no more.
Ahhhh.... the good ole days

On hold for less then 3 minutes with member services. They already updated the menu voice to tell you about the new sales for APs.

The lady I spoke with was quite certain ticket holders or lower tier pass holders looking to upgrade will be able to on April 13 from the App or website or by calling member services. For tickets, you just click the change ticket option (right now it gives an error), but she said on the 4/13 it'll work you will see an option to upgrade to APs!

Really hope this is accurate - would love to not have to call as i am sure phone lines will have hours of waiting involved.

Really hope this is accurate - would love to not have to call as i am sure phone lines will have hours of waiting involved.
I kind of foresee a problem were the website can't verify DVC-Y and says to call.

I wanted to add she said new park reservations would need to be made.

I kind of foresee a problem were the website can't verify DVC-Y and says to call.

I wanted to add she said new park reservations would need to be made.

One way to know is to go on the WDW website and choose APs. Log in and see what you get…I can see the Sorcerer pass as an option…even though it is not available.

If you can see it, then you are good to go.

Me too! We have unused tickets from last year that we didn't use because of the hurricane. I called guest services and was told that we would have to call to apply the cost of those tickets to AP purchases. I am very curious about being able to do that online ourselves. I just went through the new "change ticket" feature on the website to see how it works and what options are available. It shows the option to add upgrades, such as the park hopper feature. Maybe, just maybe, it will include an option to upgrade to AP once those go on sale. I am on the fence about getting APs again, as I don't know if the timing is the best for us to get max usage (even with the one year activation period), but I may still see if it's possible to upgrade tickets to AP online this way. Best of luck to everyone who will by trying!!

One way to know is to go on the WDW website and choose APs. Log in and see what you get…I can see the Sorcerer pass as an option…even though it is not available.

I just logged in. I can see both passes. before I logged in I could only see the incredi-pass.

So what time can you buy them online on the 13th then? I got to work!

I just called and did chat and both people said they got no info except what is on website and further said we have nothing to do with the sales.

I just logged in. I can see both passes. before I logged in I could only see the incredi-pass.

So what time can you buy them online on the 13th then? I got to work!

Not sure….but ticketing opens for phones at 7 am so I imagine no later that…and since this is just for DVC who get Sorcerer, maybe they will use something like they do for MM Magic?.

Not sure….but ticketing opens for phones at 7 am so I imagine no later that…and since this is just for DVC who get Sorcerer, maybe they will use something like they do for MM Magic?.
Well I guess just got to wait and see what happens. I'll get up like usual and give it a try before I go to work. We should know more by next week one would think. lol

Ah that is interesting, I am a FL resident and I can see all of them (only pixie is selectable to purchase). I thought everyone could see all of them but that makes sense they would limit it by what you are eligible to select.

Do you have to call to get them? That might be risky as they might be sold out before someone answers your call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter