ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

I am looking to upgrade 4 of our 1 day tickets for late August to a Sorcerer Pass (We own DVC). We will likely go sometime again for 7-8 days so it seems like a no brainer. I think we would save $800-$1000 since there are 4 of us. My only hesitation is just reading that the sorceror pass only allows you to have 5 park reservations. Is that the case even if I have DVC booked for 8 nights? If I am really limited to 5 days how likely would park reservations fill in August?

I am looking to upgrade 4 of our 1 day tickets for late August to a Sorcerer Pass (We own DVC). We will likely go sometime again for 7-8 days so it seems like a no brainer. I think we would save $800-$1000 since there are 4 of us. My only hesitation is just reading that the sorceror pass only allows you to have 5 park reservations. Is that the case even if I have DVC booked for 8 nights? If I am really limited to 5 days how likely would park reservations fill in August?
If you are staying at an on-site resort, the 5 park reservation doesn't apply. You will be able to make a park reservation for each day of your on-site stay, PLUS you can have up to 5 more for days you are not staying at an onsite resort.

Follow on question (sorry if slightly off topic). I understand we will need to activate our annual passes at guest relations. Do all family members need to be present or can I activate all 4 by myself the night before. We are staying near Epcot back entrance so I'm envisioning just running over there the night before while the family settles into the hotel so we can rope drop the next morning without needing to worry about guest relation lines. If I have to drag all 4 of them along I will :-). I just don't want any drama in the morning.

It’s been reported that someone was told at GR that they would be able to do it from home as long as the ticket still has valid days left on it. If you are onsite. I wouod definitely go and ask!
I will ask tomorrow at guest relations and can report back what l learn! Thanks!!

That is outside of reservations tied to a resort stay. So, if you are using your DVC and staying 6 nights, those 6 parks days don’t deduct from the 5.

Also, just confirming you are eligible for membership extras meaning you have direct points or grandfathered resale bought prior to 2016.

Follow on question (sorry if slightly off topic). I understand we will need to activate our annual passes at guest relations. Do all family members need to be present or can I activate all 4 by myself the night before. We are staying near Epcot back entrance so I'm envisioning just running over there the night before while the family settles into the hotel so we can rope drop the next morning without needing to worry about guest relation lines. If I have to drag all 4 of them along I will :-). I just don't want any drama in the morning.
Previously adults had to be present to show ID.

I spoke with member services this afternoon about the possibility of trading in our unused 10 day hopper tickets toward the new AP's on the 13th. He said that they were not sure yet about how that was going to be handled, and that we would be getting another email soon with clarifications before the ticket sale.

Last edited:
I have also thought of one possible hiccup for online sales. I like to use my Disney Gift Cards for these purchases, but Disney Gift Cards are limited to $1000 per card. I thought I read that the Sorcerer Pass will be around $1030ish with tax. With online ticket purchases do they allow for more than one form of payment? I know this is any issue for race registration payments, not sure about tickets.

I have also thought of one possible hiccup for online sales. I like to use my Disney Gift Cards for these purchases, but Disney Gift Cards are limited to $1000 per card. I thought I read that the Sorcerer Pass will be around $1030ish with tax. With online ticket purchases do they allow for more than one form of payment? I know this is any issue for race registration payments, not sure about tickets.
Yes, it use to be only 2 forms of payment, but they have a new system that allows several forms of payment including multiple gift cards. I was just on earlier this week buying tickets using gift cards. But it is still better to combine them on the Disney Gift Card Website to $1000.00 limit and then call. Saves time for everyone.

Does anyone know if an AP purchase codes as travel or entertainment? I am a DVC-Y if that matters.
Our Pixie Passes coded as Entertainment on my Disney Visa. I think that is what you are asking? So the transaction did not qualify for the 6 months no interest promotion for Disney Vacation Packages.

Yes, it use to be only 2 forms of payment, but they have a new system that allows several forms of payment including multiple gift cards. I was just on earlier this week buying tickets using gift cards. But it is still better to combine them on the Disney Gift Card Website to $1000.00 limit and then call. Saves time for everyone.
Good to know, Thank you! I always combine all mine to get to that $1000 mark, but on RunDisney it only asks for one form of payment. I barely slid in there with like a $989 balance for Wine and Dine. As a TA when I purchase tickets online, it seems to only except one form of payment. There is no option to break it up.

Am I reading this correctly that only Florida residents can upgrade their tickets? I.e. if I get an incredipass, and I already have tickets for May, there's nothing I can do?
I believe they mean that since only Florida residents have been able to purchase APs until now, they are the only ones eligible to upgrade from one AP type to another. Upgrading regular tickets to an AP I believe can be done, but will require a call to ticketing.

Good to know, Thank you! I always combine all mine to get to that $1000 mark, but on RunDisney it only asks for one form of payment. I barely slid in there with like a $989 balance for Wine and Dine. As a TA when I purchase tickets online, it seems to only except one form of payment. There is no option to break it up.
Just FYI, I called Disney when I purchased, I didn't do this online. Not sure if that matters.

If I'm staying at the Shades of Green during one of my non-DVC stays, will the Sorcerer's pass still allow me to have the early entry perk and other benefits if I'm paying with cash as opposed to with points since it's a Disney Resort?

Question about park reservations. If you reserve a park and for some reason don't go to the reserved park on that day, are you allowed to enter another park after 2PM?

If I'm staying at the Shades of Green during one of my non-DVC stays, will the Sorcerer's pass still allow me to have the early entry perk and other benefits if I'm paying with cash as opposed to with points since it's a Disney Resort?
Annual passes do not have an early entry perk. I think Shades of Green gets early entry anyway so you should be okay.

As above, type of ticket has nothing to do with early entry. SoG is one of the resorts whose guests get that privilege. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-entry/
Question about park reservations. If you reserve a park and for some reason don't go to the reserved park on that day, are you allowed to enter another park after 2PM?
Right now, no, you must enter your reserved park before being able to enter a different park. Starting soon, guests with APs will be able to enter any park after 2 PM without having a reservation. I'm not sure what will happen if they have a reservation but haven't entered that park yet and then try to enter a different park as their first park of the day. For now, I think I'd cancel my reservation before I tried to enter the other park.

As above, type of ticket has nothing to do with early entry. SoG is one of the resorts whose guests get that privilege. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-entry/

Right now, no, you must enter your reserved park before being able to enter a different park. Starting soon, guests with APs will be able to enter any park after 2 PM without having a reservation. I'm not sure what will happen if they have a reservation but haven't entered that park yet and then try to enter a different park as their first park of the day. For now, I think I'd cancel my reservation before I tried to enter the other park.

Thar is what we plan to do..it’s pretty easy to do…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter