ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Was thinking the same thing. I‘m thinking that edict may still stand, especially as to MK on weekends.

at least APH can reserve something on the weekends, then hop to it

i think lol
I'm guessing that if you reserved a park and then didn't go to it, you would have to either cancel your park reservation or go to that park first before hopping. At least that's the way it works now. The easiest thing is you just cancel your park reservation on the way to the one you're hopping.

Magic Kingdom is the only special case. If you want to go to that one on Saturday or Sunday you're either going to need a park reservation for it or a Park reservation for a different park and then hop after 2.

So I think the easiest thing to do would be just book Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Sunday in the hopes that maybe you want to go to it. But the rest of the week don't bother. Just sleep in and go to the park of your choice at 2:00

Again the exception is if you want to get in a virtual cue for Guardians at Epcot. Or Tron at Magic Kingdom. Then you're going to need to have a park reservation.

I didn't see this question asked....Florida residents can set up a monthly payment plan. Can non-Florida DVC members do this too?

Because of a religious holiday, I won't be able to renew until around 8:30 pm on Thursday. I'm assuming that the passes won't be sold out by then. Am I assuming in vain?

I have seen this question posted a few times without a real answer, but does anyone know when the link to buy the DVC passes will go live? I have set a calendar reminder for 8 AM, but just want to plan.

We used to have them and let them expire at the very end of 2019 just before the pandemic. So happy to have them back! I have done some calculations on the savings we would have. Because we hadn't had our AP, we stopped buying park hoppers to save money. In my initial calculations I was just using 1 park/day prices. When I used park hopper tickets as my basis, the savings was much more! We may start hopping again :)

I have seen this question posted a few times without a real answer, but does anyone know when the link to buy the DVC passes will go live? I have set a calendar reminder for 8 AM, but just want to plan.

We used to have them and let them expire at the very end of 2019 just before the pandemic. So happy to have them back! I have done some calculations on the savings we would have. Because we hadn't had our AP, we stopped buying park hoppers to save money. In my initial calculations I was just using 1 park/day prices. When I used park hopper tickets as my basis, the savings was much more! We may start hopping again :)
I’m interested in the same question. I’ve seen some speculating 7am when the ticketing line opens and I’ve seen others say 9am when member services opens. I also saw one post on reddit that said they contacted member services and they were not told a time yet but they would guess it wouldn’t be long before the phones open. So long story short unknown at this time.

I’m interested in the same question. I’ve seen some speculating 7am when the ticketing line opens and I’ve seen others say 9am when member services opens. I also saw one post on reddit that said they contacted member services and they were not told a time yet but they would guess it wouldn’t be long before the phones open. So long story short unknown at this time.
FWIW, I called the passholder line today to enquire about the upgrade value of our PH tickets, and my CM seemed to think we should have to call DVC (not the passholder line) on thursday.

she also thought maybe we could upgrade tickets online, which would be new? i'm not certain (and neither was she), though.

I am so happy that APs are coming back. My Dh and I have talked about buying APs for a while now, but never did because it didn't make sense at the time. Now that our DD is in the College program and is planning on moving to Florida and going PT, we know we will be coming more often to visit her. It makes sense for us now :).
Is this her first program?

I was really surprised that we did "fine" with no APs last year when our DD was DCP. We had multiple visits (mostly me, occasionally DH, and once her sister and bf). My husband and I solely used her tix (we got really lucky) but she was completely blocked out during her sister and BFs trip. Also, we were doing quick trips not like full week vacations and we don't mind skipping park days. Long story short, I was super upset to not have APs but we came out ahead without them.

Regardless, I was super happy to see the return of APs but I'm now struggling to decide if we both really need them or if I get one for just me since I visit the most? I don't know. DD is returning to DCP in July - Jan and intends to stay indefinitely. They get a lot more tickets as PT/FT along with a more controllable schedule (making the tix easier to actually use). The AP is definitely more convenient but DD likes sharing her ticket perks with us.

Same struggle with DVC. Our plan was always to keep adding points, but now we're considering chipping in on a condo with DD that she'd live in and we'd have a room when visiting / vacationing.

Feeling grateful for such struggles. lol

Didn't go through all the responses on this thread, but here is the answer I received from Annual Pass Department about upgrading an unused 7 day ticket I have already linked in MDE:

Thank you for your email regarding our recent Annual Pass announcement at Walt Disney World®.

We are excited that beginning April 20, all Guests can purchase or upgrade to any of the four Annual Pass types, subject to eligibility and availability (eligible Disney Vacation Club Members may purchase or upgrade to the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass during an exclusive pre-sale beginning on Thursday, April 13 as well)!

While at present, we do not have information aside from that which has been provided by the Walt Disney World® official blog page here, we are able to share that Guests with wholly unused standalone Tickets may upgrade to an Annual Pass. This can be done in person or over the phone only by contacting Walt Disney World® Resort Ticketing at 407-934-7639 (407-W-DISNEY), available daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Didn't go through all the responses on this thread, but here is the answer I received from Annual Pass Department about upgrading an unused 7 day ticket I have already linked in MDE:

Thank you for your email regarding our recent Annual Pass announcement at Walt Disney World®.

We are excited that beginning April 20, all Guests can purchase or upgrade to any of the four Annual Pass types, subject to eligibility and availability (eligible Disney Vacation Club Members may purchase or upgrade to the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass during an exclusive pre-sale beginning on Thursday, April 13 as well)!

While at present, we do not have information aside from that which has been provided by the Walt Disney World® official blog page here, we are able to share that Guests with wholly unused standalone Tickets may upgrade to an Annual Pass. This can be done in person or over the phone only by contacting Walt Disney World® Resort Ticketing at 407-934-7639 (407-W-DISNEY), available daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
Thanks for posting this information, it's great news for a lot of people! But does that mean that I will not be able to upgrade my 6 day PH tickets on 4/13 if I used one day already on 4/12?? I thought in the past that partially used tickets could be upgraded as long as it was before the end of the last day?

Sorry - here's the remaining part of the email - should answer your question:

Please note that while partially used Tickets that are still valid may qualify for an upgrade, this will have to be validated in person at a Disney Planning Center, the Disney Springs Ticket Center, Guest Relations, or a vacation planning location. Please be aware that multi-date tickets in which one or more days have been used on dates when a specific Annual Pass would normally be blocked from use would not be eligible to be upgraded to that pass type. Expired or fully used Tickets cannot be upgraded.

We look forward to making Magic for you soon!

Thanks for posting this information, it's great news for a lot of people! But does that mean that I will not be able to upgrade my 6 day PH tickets on 4/13 if I used one day already on 4/12?? I thought in the past that partially used tickets could be upgraded as long as it was before the end of the last day?

Sorry - here's the remaining part of the email - should answer your question:

Please note that while partially used Tickets that are still valid may qualify for an upgrade, this will have to be validated in person at a Disney Planning Center, the Disney Springs Ticket Center, Guest Relations, or a vacation planning location. Please be aware that multi-date tickets in which one or more days have been used on dates when a specific Annual Pass would normally be blocked from use would not be eligible to be upgraded to that pass type. Expired or fully used Tickets cannot be upgraded.

We look forward to making Magic for you soon!
Phew, thank you!!

I am wondering if I should go through the trouble and buying a bunch of $100 gift cards from Target to save $5 and load them all on one (up to $1000) and call and use a couple gift cards. I need to buy two, we already have 3 day park hoppers that were about $1088 so I figured we need at least $2000. Basically would save us $100 if I just bought gift cards and used them

I am wondering if I should go through the trouble and buying a bunch of $100 gift cards from Target to save $5 and load them all on one (up to $1000) and call and use a couple gift cards. I need to buy two, we already have 3 day park hoppers that were about $1088 so I figured we need at least $2000. Basically would save us $100 if I just bought gift cards and used them
I use that Target Red Card 5% discount all the time when I need to buy something Disney or pay DVC dues. $100 savings is worth my time. However, I buy them online (e-gift cards) in the largest denomination possible ($500 I think) so I don't have to spend as much time combining them.

Follow on question (sorry if slightly off topic). I understand we will need to activate our annual passes at guest relations. Do all family members need to be present or can I activate all 4 by myself the night before.
If kids are under your MDE, you can activate for them.

Chatted with MS about upgrading already purchased park tickets to APs when they go on sale on the 13th. MS still have not received any guidance on it. Only 3 days away!!!

Chatted with MS about upgrading already purchased park tickets to APs when they go on sale on the 13th. MS still have not received any guidance on it. Only 3 days away!!!

Based on the posted response from ticketing, my guess is that for the Sorcerer Pass, you call DVC first so they can verify your membership and then they transfer you to ticketing to process the upgrade, based on the info that upgrades won’t be an online option.

I think that report does seem to indicate that partially used tickets will have to be done in person.

Based on the posted response from ticketing, my guess is that for the Sorcerer Pass, you call DVC first so they can verify your membership and then they transfer you to ticketing to process the upgrade, based on the info that upgrades won’t be an online option.

I think that report does seem to indicate that partially used tickets will have to be done in person.
Sounds about right. I hope the tickets won't sell out before the end of the first week. No way in hell I'm trying to call on the 13th

I have 5-day park hoppers for a May trip but we have a family trip in December. Since I can still reassign our existing tickets to the kids (and pay difference in price to new dates), I am wondering whether it is worth the time/effort to call MS to upgrade the tickets if we can purchase Sorcerer Passes online. I’d be out some money now but would save some for December trip. WWYD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter