Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

If I decide to buy an Incredipass just for me next week, but have a package for Sept for 2 of us, am I able to 1) cancel the package and rebook it with just tickets for my mom and 2) does the AP have to be active to take advantage of any room-only discounts available now or special event tickets (eg MNSSHP)?
1) Probably would need to cancel and rebook, which should be doable since you are so far out from any payment due dates. Could also call and have it converted to a ticketless package if you want to keep the same package terms vs a room only.

2) In my experience in the past no it doesn’t have to be active for room discounts just when you are actually checked in and using the room. My first annual pass I booked an AP room discount for the trip I planned to activate the pass and activated it the first day with no problems as far as using the discount. You are just supposed to show them your activated pass at some point during your stay. Although I think since MDE that part they can see for themselves now as I didn’t end up having to show anyone, but it does say that when you book the discount.

Now I do think for party/event tickets it would need to be active but I’ve not actually tried that.

If I decide to buy an Incredipass just for me next week, but have a package for Sept for 2 of us, am I able to 1) cancel the package and rebook it with just tickets for my mom and 2) does the AP have to be active to take advantage of any room-only discounts available now or special event tickets (eg MNSSHP)?
1) no need to cancel the whole thing, just drop the tickets so you have a “basic package” (essentially a room-only reservation that follows package payment/cancellation terms).
2) in the past one could book an AP discount as long as you activate the AP within 24 hours after check-in. No reason to think that has changed.

I feel like I'm a really rough spot with the upgrade. My upcoming trip is April 22 and I'm sure the passes are not going to last for me to do it in person so I'm hoping to do on over the phone but with how soon the trip is I'm worried about the reservations now. Might have to bite the bullet and buy new APs and just save them for next trip but I was hoping to get the perks for this trip.

Frustrated that UK ticket holders are exempt from upgrading their current tickets on the phone, and have to do it in person. We don't arrive till June, which means there's no guarantee they'll even still be available then. Bit annoying when we paid what US people pay for DVC but we end up being unfairly restricted :sad:

I feel like I'm a really rough spot with the upgrade. My upcoming trip is April 22 and I'm sure the passes are not going to last for me to do it in person so I'm hoping to do on over the phone but with how soon the trip is I'm worried about the reservations now. Might have to bite the bullet and buy new APs and just save them for next trip but I was hoping to get the perks for this trip.
You could always buy the new APs, use them this trip and then apply the cost of your unused tickets towards renewal in a year. Not ideal, but allows you to get the discounts this trip and use your cost of tickets on something worthwhile (granted, a year later).

Keep an eye on the AP reservation calendar. Right now only 2 dates have limited availability -- MK is full 4/21 and HS is full 5/4. It may not be as much a worry as you think. And some on the DVC thread reported their reservations were carried forward with an upgrade the other day.

I have an unactivated Incredipass and can view and book AP discount prices for hotels on the Disney site.

oh cool, in the past I couldn't see those prices with a voucher. Every time I would try it would just circle back to purchasing an AP.

oh cool, in the past I couldn't see those prices with a voucher. Every time I would try it would just circle back to purchasing an AP.
I currently have a voucher and cannot see AP rates. It circles me back.

Maybe there is a difference depending on where you purchased the voucher?

We have an upcoming trip May 5-12 and have 6 day tickets. Will they let us upgrade those to an IncrediPass over the phone or do we have to do that in person? I just have a feeling that sales won’t last until we get there in May.:sad2:

Thank you for any info/thoughts!!

Carl

well I hope I'll be able to see the rates, but I won't be holding my breath on that one. :laughing:

I up graded our 10-day PHs to Sorcerer passes over the phone and the CM transferred all of our previous park reservations to our APs.

Question: Florida resident here. Should I get a Pixie Dust pass now for my wife and myself and then upgrade to a better AP come 4/20, or just wait until 4/20 to get our preferred Sorcerer Pass? Curious which one will be easier to do on 4/20, buying new or upgrade. Thank you for your insight!

Frustrated that UK ticket holders are exempt from upgrading their current tickets on the phone, and have to do it in person. We don't arrive till June, which means there's no guarantee they'll even still be available then. Bit annoying when we paid what US people pay for DVC but we end up being unfairly restricted :sad:
I am sure the CM on the phone can help you out and keep the reservations!

Question: Florida resident here. Should I get a Pixie Dust pass now for my wife and myself and then upgrade to a better AP come 4/20, or just wait until 4/20 to get our preferred Sorcerer Pass? Curious which one will be easier to do on 4/20, buying new or upgrade. Thank you for your insight!
You can buy new online but upgrades have to be done over the phone. At least that was the process for the 4/13 sales for DVC. So I'd say wait and buy the one you want online on the 20th.

You could always buy the new APs, use them this trip and then apply the cost of your unused tickets towards renewal in a year. Not ideal, but allows you to get the discounts this trip and use your cost of tickets on something worthwhile (granted, a year later).
The app says they are only valid through 4/29/23 or is that only if I use it? Additionally, could I apply it to a renewal next year or would I need to let the AP expire then buy a new one?
Keep an eye on the AP reservation calendar. Right now only 2 dates have limited availability -- MK is full 4/21 and HS is full 5/4. It may not be as much a worry as you think. And some on the DVC thread reported their reservations were carried forward with an upgrade the other day.
I will also be staying on property, would the resort park reservations supersede AP reservations?
I up graded our 10-day PHs to Sorcerer passes over the phone and the CM transferred all of our previous park reservations to our APs.
That's good to hear.

I know I'm overthinking things but the combination of the FOMO and how DL APs have gone lately has me stressing it. I'm also on the west coast so it makes the timing tougher.

The app says they are only valid through 4/29/23 or is that only if I use it? Additionally, could I apply it to a renewal next year or would I need to let the AP expire then buy a new one?
I assume these are probably regular 4-day date-based tickets for you plan to use starting 4/22? Those would only be valid for use (for the 4 days of entry) through 4/29. If you upgrade them to an AP, the AP expiration will be based on the first date you used the regular tickets, or the first day you use the AP if you upgrade before using the regular tickets. One year (365 days) from first use.

If you don't use the regular tickets and don't upgrade them, they will "expire" 4/29 but will retain credit value to use towards new tickets. In the past an unused ticket could be applied to an AP renewal but I don't know if that's still allowed or not.

I will also be staying on property, would the resort park reservations supersede AP reservations?
WDW now has theme park reservations broken out as AP-resort guest or AP offsite. Not sure of the exact wording, but something like that.

I assume these are probably regular 4-day date-based tickets for you plan to use starting 4/22? Those would only be valid for use (for the 4 days of entry) through 4/29. If you upgrade them to an AP, the AP expiration will be based on the first date you used the regular tickets, or the first day you use the AP if you upgrade before using the regular tickets. One year (365 days) from first use.

If you don't use the regular tickets and don't upgrade them, they will "expire" 4/29 but will retain credit value to use towards new tickets. In the past an unused ticket could be applied to an AP renewal but I don't know if that's still allowed or not.
Sounds a little iffy then. More than anything I just want to avoid wasting money, it would be annoying if I can't get this upcoming trip included on the AP for some reason I can just start the AP next trip.
WDW now has theme park reservations broken out as AP-resort guest or AP offsite. Not sure of the exact wording, but something like that.
Man, it really does not need to be this complicated but I guess they gotta minimize the "unfavorables"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter