Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

Actually they weren't letting anybody upgrade from a pixie pass.
Correct. We tried last year and had to just renew, we were not permitted to upgrade because no other types of passes were currently on sale. But this time, we could thanks to todays news. Hallelujah!

What's the best way to purchase on April 20?
Through the MDE app or website, do you think?

When does his pass expire? He can upgrade at renewal, but can't start using the weekend dates until the pass becomes effective on the renewal date.
Thanks. I'm aware he can upgrade at renewal. He has several months left on the current pass.

I have an Annual Pass expiring in June, but I don't plan on returning to Disney World until September at the earliest. Can I purchase a new Annual Pass now and have it remain inactive until I activate it in September? In the past, I've been able to buy a new pass after my previous one expired, but I'm concerned that this may not be possible in the current climate. I'm worried that if I try my old strategy of buying a new pass after my current one expires, the passes may be unavailable. Any opinions out there?

I will be there with my son until April 18. I have an AP but he doesn't, so I bought him parkhopper tickets for this visit. It's so close to the date when new passes will go on sale... I'm wondering if I could extend his ticket by two days and then upgrade it to an AP on the 20th. I won't be there in person at that point, though, so it would have to be done over the phone.

I'm glad they're back, regardless!

• I have done the math and I am not interested in upgrading. I just want to buy a new Incredi-pass and abandon using the Pixie pass.
  • My first question is can a single passholder purchase a new annual pass when they have an unexpired, current, active annual pass? Does the online website or MDE allow that?
You could make a whole new MDE. Use your middle name or initial or something and a new email address.

I will be there with my son until April 18. I have an AP but he doesn't, so I bought him parkhopper tickets for this visit. It's so close to the date when new passes will go on sale... I'm wondering if I could extend his ticket by two days and then upgrade it to an AP on the 20th. I won't be there in person at that point, though, so it would have to be done over the phone.

I'm glad they're back, regardless!
This is a tough one. They used to let you use the current tickets on the last day, but who knows. If they get rid of that policy, this won't work at all. There's no way to know until April 20.

My adult son has a Pixie Pass, because that was all that was offered. I am hoping he will be able to upgrade to a different pass to include weekends again. I couldn't find any info about whether or not that will be allowed.

I found this via Disney Tourist Blog, which I've always found to have reliable info (they predicted APs coming back this month actually).

"Beginning April 20, 2023, existing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will also have the option to upgrade their Annual Pass into any available pass type outside of their renewal window on the DisneyWorld.com website or via the My Disney Experience app. The difference in price must be paid in full at the time of the upgrade and the new pass will have the same expiration date as the original pass."

Hope that helps.

We have an upcoming trip May 5-12 and have 6 day tickets. Will they let us upgrade those to an IncrediPass over the phone or do we have to do that in person? I just have a feeling that sales won’t last until we get there in May.:sad2:

Thank you for any info/thoughts!!

Carla

Question for folks that have an AP since they made Memory Maker a paid add on.

We’ve had APs a few times as out of staters, but let ours lapse after our last trip in June 2022. Memory Maker was always included.

Looking to buy 4 APs to start in June 2024. Memory Maker has always worked on family members accounts just having to buy it once, meaning kids Magic Bands would work with the photographer and on rides. Im assuming I don’t need to add the $99 add on for Memory Maker for all four passes, just one? I still need others in the party to be able to use it if I’m not around.

We have an upcoming trip May 5-12 and have 6 day tickets. Will they let us upgrade those to an IncrediPass over the phone or do we have to do that in person? I just have a feeling that sales won’t last until we get there in May.:sad2:

Carla
It was mentioned in another thread that you should be able to login to your account and go to your tickets and there is a button to modify. Clicking that should then allow you to change to an AP. This was based on a phone. Not sure if it will actually work that way or not but worth trying before spending time calling.

Question for folks that have an AP since they made Memory Maker a paid add on.

We’ve had APs a few times as out of staters, but let ours lapse after our last trip in June 2022. Memory Maker was always included.

Looking to buy 4 APs to start in June 2024. Memory Maker has always worked on family members accounts just having to buy it once, meaning kids Magic Bands would work with the photographer and on rides. Im assuming I don’t need to add the $99 add on for Memory Maker for all four passes, just one? I still need others in the party to be able to use it if I’m not around.
I have Memory Maker with my AP. DW does not have it on her AP, and other connected friends do not have it. I can see & download all the pictures without any watermark, whether it was scanned with my MB, DW's MB, or connected friends' MB. DW and other friends see the pictures with watermarks. Therefore, I have to be the one who downloads and shares the pictures; a minor annoyance to save $ by only buying MM for one AP.

Carla

In the past you could call to do that because I've done it.

I'm really hoping that Disney IT has come far enough now that you'll be able to upgrade from the website or app. I guess we'll know soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter