Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

Not just that but consider if you would get hopper on day tickets if you were to buy those. But, correct me if I'm wrong but the lowest a day ticket could be is $109, so at most you're looking at ~14 days to break even
We just did the math too. When my kiddos were little, we liked going Saturday to Saturday (9 days); so two trips a year made the expensive out of state pass more than worth it (even with the declining cost per day). We always based our decision math on ticket pricing, but certainly the extra 5-15% in hotel discounts; merch/some dining discounts of 10-20%; park hopping; and Memory Maker (when it used to be free :() were icing on the cake.

Kids are now 17 and 20; the 17 year old is over Disney, and doesn't want to go more than a day or two. so our math changes. If we do a 4 day trip in August (low time); a 4 day trip in December (highest time); and two spring/summer 4 day trips, we're more than good. If we only do 3 trips, it's about a break even on ticket costs, but we have the Hopper flexibility and the discounts.

When calculating cost make sure to consider the discounts. For my upcoming trip, the difference in hotel discounts between annual pass holders and non pass holders was enough for me to justify the cost difference between an 8 day park hopper ticket and the Incredi-Pass. I am only buying one pass though. I break even in this one trip.

When calculating cost make sure to consider the discounts. For my upcoming trip, the difference in hotel discounts between annual pass holders and non pass holders was enough for me to justify the cost difference between an 8 day park hopper ticket and the Incredi-Pass. I am only buying one pass though. I break even in this one trip.
This is why an AP is almost always +EV for at least one person in your party.

Speaking to the needing-Google-Pay thing. Out-of-state Incredi- holder here. We just show our card, when/if asked. Sometimes I've heard that CMs will ask to see the info on MDE, but that hasn't happened to us yet, however, I know where to find it! Google Pay is not needed.

We all have AP except me DD. She has a PH ticket for our upcoming trip. Can I still purchase an AP for her and leave it unused /unactivated until a future trip?

We all have AP except me DD. She has a PH ticket for our upcoming trip. Can I still purchase an AP for her and leave it unused /unactivated until a future trip?
She'll have 1 year from date of purchase to activate it. If she won't be going to the parks with you within the next year, it would convert to a credit which can be used to purchase a new ticket (no guarantee APs will be available at that point).

She'll have 1 year from date of purchase to activate it. If she won't be going to the parks with you within the next year, it would convert to a credit which can be used to purchase a new ticket (no guarantee APs will be available at that point).
Thank you! I'm sitting in the queue and started doubting myself. Thanks so much!

So I’m just confirming that I currently updated my daughters tickets to an AP. The cast member said her reservations which were made with the ticket will transfer over smoothly now that she is in AP I read some posts in the past that said when someone swiped with a different ticket type, then what was booked with a lost all of the park reservations. I just want to make sure when she swipes for the first time as an AP that she’s not gonna lose all of her park reservations.

So I’m just confirming that I currently updated my daughters tickets to an AP. The cast member said her reservations which were made with the ticket will transfer over smoothly now that she is in AP I read some posts in the past that said when someone swiped with a different ticket type, then what was booked with a lost all of the park reservations. I just want to make sure when she swipes for the first time as an AP that she’s not gonna lose all of her park reservations.
I already had a full slate of park reservations in place for our trip next month, booked with our 10 day hoppers. I upgraded my ticket over the phone and they are still there. We have a split resort stay if it matters.

I already had a full slate of park reservations in place for our trip next month, booked with our 10 day hoppers. I upgraded my ticket over the phone and they are still there. We have a split resort stay if it matters.
Yes, my reservations are still there too but I thought I read in the past that people were having issues and having to go to guest services the first time they use the converted ticket to an AP. Because that triggered all of their park reservations to be erased because they were originally booked under a guest with a ticket. Not the APs choice.

You get a lengthy e-mail with your confirmation number. It will tell you if it is “Will Call” or if they will mail it to you. For will call, the e-mail is a “certificate” that acts like a voucher. Then you take that voucher along with your ID and the method you used to pay to guest relations in a park or Disney Springs. They will match it all up in their system and hand you an annual pass card. Then you activate that card the first time you tap into the park with the card and give them your fingerprint. Perhaps the next thing you want to do is buy a magic band to wear on your wrist.

Congratulations on being a first time passholder. You’re gonna love what is coming next. Trunks full of memories to come. You will do Disney differently when you have APs.
Thanks so much for this info! Super helpful. :)

I double checked in the confirmation email I received and it doesn't note either Will Call or shipping. I purchased my new WDW pass over the phone so not sure if that makes a difference, in terms of the delivery method. The initial confirmation email does note a "Shipping and Handling" line item of $0 so I'm thinking the pass could be shipped?

If so, do you know if it will be sent to the billing/shipping address used to purchase the pass initially or if it will be sent to the address associated with the my Disney account that's linked to the WDW annual pass? They're two different addresses so I'm wondering which one it may be sent to (if it will be sent out at all).

Thanks again for your help! It's very much appreciated. Super excited to be a part of the WDW Annual Passholder family! And I'm so excited for all the memories that await!

I am on the fence about purchasing but did call. I did not have a long wait to talk with someone, but because I would be applying unused tickets to AP purchase, I would have to talk to another department. I had the option to transfer or get a call-back with an estimated time of 50 minutes. The CM noted that there were around 200 people in the phone queue at the time. I opted for call-back. If it works out, that will be great, but if it doesn't, that will be fine, too. Buying the passes would just cause me to book more trips to get the "value" from them. We have an Oct trip planned, but I wouldn't mind going in Dec. this year, too, and spring next year. Well, if it's meant to be......I did get call-back in about 45 minutes, and when I made the selection to proceed with call, it cut off the call!! I called back and got a recorded message that pass sales would pause sometime tonight and resume at 7:15 tomorrow.
Lesson learned - don't take call-back option!

Yes, my reservations are still there too but I thought I read in the past that people were having issues and having to go to guest services the first time they use the converted ticket to an AP. Because that triggered all of their park reservations to be erased because they were originally booked under a guest with a ticket. Not the APs choice.
I would go back and re-reserve them with whatever ticket you're going to use. In Feb. we ended up having 2 sets of tix (complicated) and only 1 set was activated, but we thought it wouldn't matter, however when we tried to enter the first day we had to go to guest services because our activated tix weren't linked to the park reservation that I made with the 1st set of unactivated tix.

Soooo. I originally thought I wasn't going to buy an AP but I joined the queue this afternoon, just to see if I could get in and see if the pass was still available.

Well, I did :laughing:
It's 5pm PST and was able to buy the Incredi-Pass. I'm the process of buying DVC (waiting on closing docs) and already have 2-3 trips planned in the next 18 months.

Hooray!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter