Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

@lovethattink I'm going to piggyback on that question...I purchased my APs last week as a newbie DVC person. I called DVC MS and MS is who sold me the two APs over the phone. She gave me confirmation numbers, which I then linked in MDE to DH and me. I never received any email from WDW indicating that I purchased APs.

Our APs show up in MDE as part of each of our profiles, but I have nothing to show guest services when we go into the parks to activate in the fall. How do I go about having guest services activate the passes? Do they have me open my MDE?

Additionally, I used Disney gift cards to pay for the APs, so I don't have a form a payment to show guest relations, per se. I moved $$ from www.mydisneygiftcards.com from one card to another to pay for my APs in separate transactions. Any advice would be great!
Are you getting a magic band? I bought one online in MDE for $10. It took a while to ship but when it arrived the annual pass was autmatically added.
Also if you dowloand google pay (you don’t have pay anything with it) you can add your pass in there and it captures everything so you can use your pass to park your car for free.

Are you getting a magic band? I bought one online in MDE for $10. It took a while to ship but when it arrived the annual pass was autmatically added.
Also if you dowloand google pay (you don’t have pay anything with it) you can add your pass in there and it captures everything so you can use your pass to park your car for free.
Just to be clear here, iPhones aren't being left out. You can add your pass to your Apple Wallet as well.

Glad to see so many first-time (or first-time in awhile) passholders. I haven't had it for 24 hours and just booked a room at Coronado Springs in July at a 35% off AP discount!
I had an AP back in the early 90's because the family that I traveled with came in late summer one year, early summer the next. This was my first ever trip to WDW. I loved it I made yearly trips for the next decade but never got another annual pass. Then thru divorce I hadn't been back for almost 20 years till last summer, where I met some friends (some local some from various states) and since we have been taking 3-5 day trips like every 4-7 weeks, so I was ESTATIC to get myself an AP yesterday!! I will put it to good use and cannot (at this point) see letting it ever expire!!

As an out of state tale on the math and logic/illogic of joining the AP feeding frenzy, we have been going about every other year and staying at Vistana for 2 weeks, with 10 day hoppers. We would get one AP, which would pay for itself in parking and discounts. But now that strategy is not reliable. That logic still holds for one of the 2 that I bought yesterday, even with an offsite stay. Hoppers are currently around 700 on UT, and the other is easily made up. But I got 2 APS, because now I can advocate with my hubby for another trip. Up till now we have travelled with our young adult daughter and her hubby, but they have other life pursuits, which frees us to imagine shorter trips. If APS were projected to be always available, I would not have bought now, but in present circumstances, this was the option I picked. Will see how it pans out!

You get a lengthy e-mail with your confirmation number. It will tell you if it is “Will Call” or if they will mail it to you. For will call, the e-mail is a “certificate” that acts like a voucher. Then you take that voucher along with your ID and the method you used to pay to guest relations in a park or Disney Springs. They will match it all up in their system and hand you an annual pass card. Then you activate that card the first time you tap into the park with the card and give them your fingerprint. Perhaps the next thing you want to do is buy a magic band to wear on your wrist.

Congratulations on being a first time passholder. You’re gonna love what is coming next. Trunks full of memories to come. You will do Disney differently when you have APs.
I converted UT tickets to AP by phone yesterday. I got a pretty short simple email showing my confirmation number and basically nothing else. I can see that I'm reflected as Incredi-pass in MDE though so I'm not terribly worried. CM just told me to go to a park and get the physical pass from the ticket booth - that my name and ID was probably enough but having the confirmation number would be good to have on hand.

One very stupid question I didn't think to ask....annual passes automatically include Park Hopper, right?!

I converted UT tickets to AP by phone yesterday. I got a pretty short simple email showing my confirmation number and basically nothing else. I can see that I'm reflected as Incredi-pass in MDE though so I'm not terribly worried. CM just told me to go to a park and get the physical pass from the ticket booth - that my name and ID was probably enough but having the confirmation number would be good to have on hand.

One very stupid question I didn't think to ask....annual passes automatically include Park Hopper, right?!

That is correct. You are able to Park Hop with the AP after 2:00 p.m.

Great reminder for our new AP holders Swolphin does AP discounts.

Tough choice btw, good luck! I love both those!
Swolphin also is counted as a Deluxe resort so it get's access to those Extra Evening Hours, which for some might be a big deal.

Negative is they do have resort Fees ($40) and still have Parking Fees (starting at $32) so you have to factor those into their rates.

I would be fascinated to know if the AP limits are a hard number like they insinuate or if they’re actually kinda dynamic where they make sure the folks who want one get one & then ”sell out” to keep the FOMO alive.

I don't think they care about FOMO at all. Its going to be based on attendance and forecasted attendance. Parks start getting too slammed and pack full they will limit AP's if that is not happening they will continue selling. Which if parks are low then there are also less likely as many people that want an AP also.

Swolphin also is counted as a Deluxe resort so it get's access to those Extra Evening Hours, which for some might be a big deal.

Negative is they do have resort Fees ($40) and still have Parking Fees (starting at $32) so you have to factor those into their rates.
because of the resort and parking fees, when I look at Swolphin rates, I mentally add $75 to the daily rate in order to compare fairly to nearby Disney resort hotel rates. Even with that, rates are usually so much better at Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve.

Psst- code QWH if you’re booking online. Then you just show your AP at check in to prove membership.
Do they tend to be in line with the current Disney discount offers as far as which dates are included? Or do they just have a standard discount all the time? Because checking September dates that discount is awesome but when I check like November they seem to be their normal prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter