• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Another BLT balcony question

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
Is the space between the rails on the balconies open or is there something like plexiglass around the balcony?

DGD will be traveling with us and DH wants to know. She would never be left alone on the balcony, but you know how Grandfathers worry about everything.

This trip will be our first BLT stay.

No plexiglass.

Here's what it looks like...

P8260523.jpg

Image is from this trip report by mecllap.

The railing does not go down to the deck (floor) so she would have to climb plus the spacing on the railing balusters is pretty close. I think you are ok. If really concerned get some plastic chicken wire and a package of zip ties from home depot and put it over the bottom part of the railing. Won't cost you more then $25 and you will have completely removed all possibility that she could climb or stick her head though the railing. Plus when you leave just cut the zip ties and save the chicken wire for the next visit.

Personally I find the door locks to the balcony to be darn near impossible for me to open :laughing: So I would think just keeping the door locked would be a good deterent. Those balconies do give me concern tho.

Personally I find the door locks to the balcony to be darn near impossible for me to open :laughing:
I agree. I've said so many un-Disney words when trying to open DVC patio doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter