Another Car rental glitch-Now Fixed!!

wayneg

Thanks to Mart (burt) just booked 25 nights full size for August £212 less 6.9% Quidco, he spotted a thread on Dibb with Expedia/Hertz glitch

Cheapest I could get direct with Hertz was around £550, prices have risen a lot last few weeks, I was going to book about 3-4 weeks ago at £460ish but I never got around to it.

Just hope they honour it now, it does say confirmed so fingers crossed.

wow that is a good deal. We're looking at getting a car for atleast 1 week of our Trip in Sept. We dont want to pick the car up on arrival so we were looking at onsite options as we will have a 4 month old with us. But maybe i could send DH off to collect the car :)

Don't know how you do it Wayne, you're better than Martin Lewis! :lmao:
Shame it only goes up to next February.

Nick

Thanks to Mart (burt) just booked 25 nights full size for August £212 less 6.9% Quidco, he spotted a thread on Dibb with Expedia/Hertz glitch

Cheapest I could get direct with Hertz was around £550, prices have risen a lot last few weeks, I was going to book about 3-4 weeks ago at £460ish but I never got around to it.

Just hope they honour it now, it does say confirmed so fingers crossed.

wow! great rate!! does that include all insurance?

the rate i have right now for 2 weeks is more than that - but it's for a minivan, which is i guess more expensive..but it's only for 2 weeks..
i'll price expedia and see what i get for the same time...

Don't know how you do it Wayne, you're better than Martin Lewis! :lmao:
Shame it only goes up to next February.

Nick
Wish I had his money though:goodvibes

wow! great rate!! does that include all insurance?

Yes includes all insurance, additional drivers are $10/day but max of $50, gas full and must be returned full to avoid a refuelling charge. 29 minute grace for late returns. Surcharge for under 25's.

Forgot to say Quidco tracked, £14.63 so 25 nights full size car has cost £197.50.
Just dreading getting a cancellation email/phone call now

We saw this on the dibb and although we had our car booked and have paid a deposit, it was still worth losing the deposit and we now have a bigger car into the bargain. I was registered with quidco and went via their website but I have not had any confirmation about it being tracked, does anyone know how the cashback and tracking works?

thanks

I hope this stays around for a few weeks! Really tempted to book but still to book my flights so best now!! :rolleyes:

Great spot - just booked a midsize SUV for £253 for 15 days - £160 less than the next best price I could find! And Quidco for moi :cool1:

Also, signed up to Hertz Gold Club thingy.

Just hoping they make that move on-airport before our Oct trip.

:thumbsup2

OMG- i just found this hertz/expedia thing was soooo excited as i thought id bagged a bargain before wayne, but no, as usual, he was there first:rotfl2:
got 21 nights full size SUV miami int. all inc for £265.
the majority of the quotes we were getting were £800-1000 so a deff bargain!!
HOWEVER i forgot to change the pick up time from 10 til 1pm so i am awaiting a call back from expedia to confirm time changes...
tracy x

I thought i'd got a great deal already for my January trip but this just saved me £110! (+ Quidco) :cool1:

Thanks for posting Wayne! :worship:

just to let you all know jhave been on phone for ages with expedia, they have cancelled and rebooked as i messed up and have honoured the booking.
i am very happy about this...
tracy

I hope this stays around for a few weeks! Really tempted to book but still to book my flights so best now!! :rolleyes:
I am suprised its still there, thought they would have chamged prices by now.

Just hoping they make that move on-airport before our Oct trip.

:thumbsup2
Price I have paid I don't mind on or offsite.:goodvibes

OMG- i just found this hertz/expedia thing was soooo excited as i thought id bagged a bargain before wayne, but no, as usual, he was there first:rotfl2:
Got to give Dibb & Mart credit really, all I did was post it.

Wow, great deal! I just booked a minivan for 22 days in Sept/Oct for £271, saving £300! I assume we just pay for an additional driver when we pick up the car?

Off to cancel my previous booking.....

Wow, great deal! I just booked a minivan for 22 days in Sept/Oct for £271, saving £300! I assume we just pay for an additional driver when we pick up the car?

Off to cancel my previous booking.....

Expedia site says $10/day max $50 for additional driver. I have Hertz gold card which I believe covers spouse free.
Might be best waiting a few days to cancel other car, everything looks OK but it is some kind of error.

wayneg said:
I am suprised its still there, thought they would have chamged prices by now.

Price I have paid I don't mind on or offsite.:goodvibes .

'Tis true - on airport isn't worth an extra £160.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter