• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another couple of questions...

LeahA

DIS Veteran
How long does it take to take the bus to the pool?

How long does it take to take the bus to the restaurant?

How long does it take to take the boat over to the Magic Kingdom?

Hi! The length of the bus ride to the pool, depends on where you're staying in the campground! If you're in the cabins, there is a pool right by the cabin loops - you won't need to take a bus. If you want to go to the Meadows Pool, then the bus ride would be about 5 minutes.

The same thing applies to the restaurant. It depends on where you're staying the campground. The restaurant (Trail's End Buffet) is by the Settlement Bus Depot (main bus stop). From the farthest-away loop, the bus ride would only be about 10 minutes, depending on how many stops they make in between. If you're camping in a close loop, then you can just take a short walk to get to the restaurant!

The boat ride to MK is about 20 minutes.

Hope this helps! :D

Rhonda,

Thanks for the info. Where can I find a resort map? I looked on the main page of the DIS, and went under Disney Resorts to the map for FW and the map for the Villas at Disney Institute came up, I tried twice just to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong, and again the wrong map came up.

Leah

Lori,

Awesome website! I just booked the WL yesterday, but, I might be changing my mind and booking FW today!!!

Leah

Leah

WL is awesome! It and FW are really apples and oranges. (I love both apples AND oranges - but lets face it....sometimes you are in the mood for one and sometimes you are in the mood for the other) It would be like two totaly different experinces completelty. If you already have a camper or tent you are comfortable in, FW is a no brainer. If you have enough in your group to make a cabin an echomical alternative, they are another way to get in on the FW atmosphere. A bit of advise though - unless your camper or cabin has AC, the heat in the summer might be a bit intense for camping.(in my opinion only, there are lots of folks who camp in the summer with no compaints) I know if i were going to visit anytime between May and mid Sept i would be having my bod in an air conditioned room!

We are saving a considerable amount of money staying at FW, and looking forward to all the activies and special atmosphere that this campground has to offer. I fell in love with it last year while at FW for the Hoop Tee Doo. We had been thinking of buying a pop up camper and seeing FW sealed the deal. We HAD to come and camp there! (a tent at the jersey shore is one thing, i didn't want to tent in FL. too many critters!) I am looking forward to fishing from the beach, watching the boat parade and catching a bit of the fireworks over MK while parked in my folding chair with my toes in the sand!!! We will be there Oct 15th thru the 23rd!
We even purchased bikes for the three of us so we could "bike" our way around the campground. (a little "bike" to the pool for a dip, then swing on over to the petting zoo. Pedal my way to the Trails End for a little grub and then a stroll on the trail before biking back to the campsite for a "nappy" in my screen room....AHHHHHH.) I am hoping for a relaxing get away.

Some day i have every intention of doing WDW and treating myself to all the wonders of WL. (i especially want to get my chubby butt into the beautifly sculpted hot tubs and pool) For now, the camper is our home away from home and with just the three of us we actually have more room in the camper than we would if we paid for a room at a Delux Resort.

Have fun going over your options!
- lori

Just be aware that the wait for the bus could be up to 20 min. This was my only complaint about FW. It is too far to walk but you wait forever for the buses. I would rent a golf cart and use that to get around instead of the bus.

Thanks everbody for the help and info!

We decided to hold off on our WL stay at this time, we switched our res. to the CBR to save some money.

FW sounds great, maybe when my boys get a little bigger we'll try it out!

Lori, your enthusiam is great, have a very fun and relaxing trip!

Leah :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter