Another Delta Policy Question

KBR

Earning My Ears
I read about the rate drop for Delta flights, confirmed the price drop for my exact flights on the internet and called Delta to request a refund or voucher. The response was that that there were no seats available for the class ticket I bought (U class) so I wasn't eligible for a refund or voucher.

I don't understand what that means and the representative wasn't able to explain it to me. Is this right?

Karen

I too tried to get a refund voucher for price drop. After being on hold, transferred a million times, and on the phone for 30 minutes- I was told that I was not elligible for a voucher since I originally purchased the tickets online. I was informed that if I called Delta directly and their prices dropped...then I could get a voucher. I just don't get it...it doesn't make any sense. I am really NOT HAPPY with Delta.

I am having the same problem! I have spoken with two different agents at Delta. One told me that they only have a certain number of seats available at the discounted price and that the cheaper seats on my flight were sold out long ago! I am going to call again and try speaking to a supervisor.:mad:

In order to get a refund, on most airlines including Delta, you have to see the reduced fare for the exact same flight, on the same dates and in the same fare code. Ie: y code at 180. and you see x code two weeks later at 100.00 you would not be eligable for a credit.
However, and obviously, if y code at 180.00 dropped to y code at 100.00 for the same dates, you would then be eligable.
The airlines are not trying to be difficult, they just have rules they have to adhere to. Agents don't make the rules and rarely can a supervisor override the rules.

Gail- Thank you so much for explaining this so clearly! I wish the agents I had spoken to had been as helpful!:earsgirl:

Gail- Maybe you could explain.....I bought tix online from Delta and the same flight/same coded seats are now on sale and the airline says that in order for me to recieve a voucher I would need to compare the prices to the price recieved via phone. I think that it would be like comparing apples to oranges. I'm just comparing the same product bought at the same place. Any suggestions?

i called 3 days ago when i saw(from a tip on these boards)that my price for the same flight from pvd to mco had gone down from 201 to 146 on the internet.
the person at delta said since i had booked my flight on line they could only give me a voucher for what the phone price was because they could not check specail internet prices.that price was 155 dollars.so i have vouchers for 46 dollars on 3 tickets.

In order to receive a voucher the lower fare must be available when you just call in and ask for the fare. "Internet Fares" are never included and are many times lower than what someone may purchase the at the same time over the phone. Supposedly airlines were suppose to offer their lowest fares to everyone (not just us internet savvy people) but airlines are still using the internet to sell cheap airfares to people such as us and charge higher fares to others who are willing to pay more because they do not want to do the research it themselves. If you think about, if the airlines had to offer their internet specials to everyone, including business travelers who booked through an agent, and whenever they offered a special internet rate to blow out a few seats everyone got a credit for the difference, we would not see many internet specials anymore now would we?

Bill Seattle, what you are saying certainly doesn't apply to Southwest. If an Internet special becomes available at a future date for the exact same itinerary where no Internet special was available at the time of purchase, Southwest will issue a credit for use within 1 year of when the original ticket was purchased.

Well that may be true but I was refering to Delta as that is the airline I take to Orlando. (Wish there was a direct flight to MCO). I suppose that is another reason all the airlines seem to hate Southwest. They do not even post their fares on Orbitz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter