• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Hi everyone. I'm having a grubbily kind of day so wanted to pop in and see how y'all are doing (and whine a little). I'm overtired- slept only 3 hours last night so I could get all my students' labs and such corrected and grades calculated, as 5pm today was the deadline for opting for pass/fail or withdrawing from a class. It's my own fault- I hate to grade labs and am a terrible procrastinator- but being tired makes me feel a little less optimistic, a bit more defenseless. I am usually fine about all this virus-stuff but about once every couple of weeks or so, it gets to me. On top of being sleep deprived, both ME and NH are relaxing their "stay at home" restrictions and loosening up, letting things slowly re-open. Yes, it's good for business, but my relatives and friends who are business owners are nervous about their own health, bringing virus home to their families, etc. Other friends are nervous because their employers are calling them back to work, but they are high-risk, worried about those at home who are, etc., but if they don't go back to work they lose their unemployment support. So I'm worrying about loved ones. To top it off... a friend's brother died of Covid-19 this morning, and she is in quarantine. They'd had supper together about 10 days ago, figured it was OK as everyone had been self-isolating, only going to the grocery store, etc. Well, no. Her brother spiked a fever on Monday and he died this morning. I feel just so awful for her. Today I am just amazed that there is all this stuff hanging over us, directing our lives. Three months ago, who would have believed it? Anyhow... I am fine, really, just having an introspective, sleepy day. I hope the new month of May is finding everyone, your loved ones, your friends, safe, healthy, and moving forward with life. I know... this too shall pass.

So very sorry for your friend's brother's Covid19 related death. In Ontario some of the restrictions lift this coming week, and many residents are nervous here. They talk of expanding our bubble to include 1 or 2 people, but it's not something my Dh and I will be embracing.

Stay safe, take care, try not to worry too much, and get some well deserved sleep soon. :grouphug:

Good morning all, I am rested and in a much better mind-set today! The sun is shining and it's supposed to go into the upper 50s; warm weather is always welcomed and a real cheerer-upper! NH and ME have put forth their "re-opening" plans. My sister, who lives in southern ME but whose shop is in Portsmouth, NH, has NINE DAYS to prepare for re-opening. Therefore, today we are on the hunt for the things she'll need to welcome the public into her shop (trying to be positive here). Masks donned, we'll search the seacoast area for hand sanitizer, wipes, isopropanol, etc. We will also start re-arranging her displays to encourage a one-way traffic pattern through her shop, and mark 6' lines outside for customers waiting to get into the building. HOW FREAKING WEIRD.. but it's a goal, a direction, something to do to move forward, so we will!

I assume the mask recall is a joke? I'm sorry I know nothing of hockey (or any sport for that matter) but I'm happy that you're happy:)

The mask only defines this Covid19 Pandemic. The words define the reasons we Leaf fans feel the team has not been (result of coaching decisions) 'on' their game. :teeth:

Last edited:
Hi, all. It was nice to find this thread again and catch up on posts. Glad to see you all have stayed healthy and have retained your senses of humor! : )

Jane, that video of the retrievers eating birthday cake was adorable. Those are some very well-behaved dogs. Kind of makes me wish we had one.

Some time soon I'll post a picture or two :teeth: of our new family canine addition. He's a rescue dog, part Labrador Retriever and German Shepherd. He is only 5ish weeks old. They named him Timmy because he was the most timid of the litter! :dog:

Last edited:
The box contents were fun. They'd take a toy in their mouth then 3 seconds later drop it, look up to see what else is there! Once the box was emptied they retrieved a toy, and played with it or play fought over the same toy!

Last edited:
The box contents were fun. They'd take a toy in their mouth then 3 seconds later drop it, to look up to see what else is there! Once the box was emptied they retrieved a toy, and played with it or play fought over the same toy!
Sounds like Christmas morning at my house with the grandkids:rolleyes1 Although at 7 & 8 they're pretty much over putting toys in their mouths.:earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter