Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Hi everyone! Here I sit, in isolation again! DH got covid on May 11th. I had covid at Christmas so we weren't too worried about me getting it. He was sick for about a day and a half... the antiviral really worked for him. We both wore masks, I slept on the couch, but he wasn't 100% isolated. I was sick the entire time he was isolated but regularly tested negative so we figured it was 'just' a cold- but boy, was I sick- in fact, I was sicker than DH and he was the one with covid! Anyhow... on Sunday I ended up at walk-in care for an eye issue. While I was there, seeing as I was congested (from the eye, I think) and knowing DH had just recovered, they swabbed my nose and sure enough, the test came back positive. I am holed up in my room, alone all day, DH brings me my meals and is sleeping on the couch. We're being careful. DD and SIL are both double vaxxed and boosted, and the 5yo is double vaxxed BUT who knows how good those boosters from November/December still are? Also DD works with an elderly population, so she's being uber-careful, and I'm being as considerate as possible, rarely going into the living areas of the house and double-masking when I do. I am feeling OK and am more worried about my eye infection. I had pre-orbital cellulitis a couple of years ago and ended up in the hospital on IV antibiotics for 4 days. My current issue seems to be very similar to the previous one. Doc on Sunday said it's probably a stye and prescribed erythromycin ointment, but the redness and swelling spread so I went to my PCP today. I am taking Bactrim and Augmentin and hoping for the best. I am really quite the sight, only wearing make-up on the good eye, the bad eye red, the perimeter of the swelling/redness outlined in black sharpie. Probably a good thing I'm isolated, so people don't go running when they see me!

Last edited:
Jeez leebee that sounds awful:hug: Trying to stay isolated with a house full of family can't be easy. Hope you're feeling better soon.:)

Jeez leebee that sounds awful:hug: Trying to stay isolated with a house full of family can't be easy. Hope you're feeling better soon.:)
Thanks. It's been that kind of year, TBH. Always something, if it's not this, it's that (and hats off to Roseanne Roseannadanna, and Gilda, one of the very best...)

That very first picture puzzled me; I was thinking, "But where do you SIT??" Actually, it looks kinda cool, as did the e-bike. Maybe someday...

Thanks for the picture!!

So, good news/bad news. In the good news department, I just booked a solo trip to Disney! It's something I have always wanted to do and got a great rate at ASMovies using the Disney+ promo, so I'm going it. I have 3 day base tickets, but I"m considering adding hopping as it's during food and wine. I'm thinking I'll do a day each at MK, AK, and DS and then hop to Epcot every evening to graze for my dinner! Of course, that means skipping some favorite restaurants, so it's kind-of a dilemma. However, I'm excited to be doing this even though I know the heat will be brutal. BTDT, I can manage.

Bad news... I had a knee issue about a month ago, where my left knee just exploded in pain one night. I was pretty much bedridden for about a week, on crutches for 2 weeks. It's been better and now it's not too bad at all, but I had an MRI on Saturday. Seems there's advanced arthritis in there and a "complex tear to the medial meniscus, extending into the anterior horn," whatever that means. I am waiting for my PCP's office to call with the interpretation. I am hoping it doesn't mean surgery. We have a trip to CO planned (July 11-18), two weeks at a beach house (last week of July and first week of August), and my solo trip at the end of August (18th-23rd). I'll do what I have to do, and maybe there won't be any surgery or worries at all, but... it's concerning. The truly concerning thing is that this is my 'good' knee, which makes me wonder what kind of shape the 'bad' knee must be in, hahaha!

Found this thread again :)

It's a bit late but we had such a great time at the wedding and it was like a dream come true us DISers who started talking together about a love of Disney (and some of us also Universal) to also be able to complete a bucket list of all being in the parks together!

Here's from the wedding:
1656170041529.png

Here's Nomad Lounge day of the wedding in the afternoon/early evening, Kitty had to leave before we got the picture though.
1656169841595.png

Here's from the day after the wedding at the dessert party where the bride and groom got back into their wedding attire. It was such a blast watching Harmonious with everyone. There's Zach, then Aaron (my husband), Ann in front of my husband, me next to my husband, the bride Rachel, the groom Brian, then Jon (Ann's husband), then Kitty and Ron.
1656169950393.png

We immediately missed being all together so we started planning a Silver Dollar City trip which will be happening in several weeks. The couple that got married are flying up to KC from Orlando and then we'll caravan down to Branson (about 3-3 1/2 hour drive). Ron and Kitty and Zach aren't making it BUT the day after we get back we're all getting together for lunch except Zach (also lives in Orlando) unfortunately cannot make it from FL at that time; he'll be up in KC the 2 following weekends though for Sporting KC games so hopefully we'll get together then.

Over the several years that we've known each other (I think it may be 4 or 5 now that I've known Ron (Micca) it was either 2017 or 2018 when we first met) we've really come to appreciate our friends and now we all joke someone needs to get married (Ahem...Zach) or we need a vow renewal to get us to all come back at the same time to WDW. Such great friends :flower3::flower3:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter