Another Unofficial Chatterbox Thread- Everyone is Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a commercial on TV Monday night for some sort of Disney outlet in Lancaster (the next city over). My mom went up there last night and it is a Disneyland outlet. She said they had tons of stuff for very cheap. The gold 50th anniversary mickey ears hat for $1.00! Shirts for $3.00. I'm going to try to go up there on my lunch but I hope I'll have enough time to look. They are only going to be there until Feb. 8th. I've never heard of such a store.

"You rotten sister! Your butt is crushing me! Why do you have to act so weird?"

Okay, this is from my Disney Page A Day Desk Calendar. Who said it?

I was going to buy her a bumper for the crib and some sheets because I know she doesn't have that but I didn't know how big her crib was so I didn't.
How often do you bathe a new baby? She doesn't have a bathtub so I'm thinking they will have to buy the baby a plastic one?

No I can't find the stone, I've looked everywhere. It's pretty tiny so I'm not sure if it was lodged in my foot if I would even notice it.

Okay, so I will get her some receiving blankets if I can find, I think the other stuff she'll likely get at the shower and she hasn't decided yet if she wants to breast feed.

You guys are the best, so helpful.
What Bernice said..
Christina:

Bathing baby.. sponge bath until the cord dries up and falls off. After that tub baths (or even take the lil one in with you in the shower) every few days. They don't need daily baths, it just dries out the delicate skin. The plastic tubs are a matter of personal choice, you can just as easily bathe in the kitchen/ bath sink.. or carefully in the shower -- they get very slippery. :laughing:

Cribs are standard sized and any brand of crib sheets/ mattress cover / bumpers should fit.
Unless it's something unique like those round beds or if things are different in your neck of the woods?? :confused3
Yeah... That!:lmao: I also just take the babies into the bath with me. Its just lovely to relax in the tub while holding your little baby..:love: If she takes the bouncy seat in the bathroom, she can set the baby in that while she gets in and out of the tub.. That way there is no worry of falling with baby. Of course.... that MIGHT just be me... Seeing as how I can trip over air. :rolleyes1 :lmao:
Oh okay! I'll let her know about the bathing thing, last time we talked she didn't know how bathing worked. I don't think she's reading any mothering books, I guess she's going to wing it. But bringing the baby in the shower with her will probably be what she'll want to do since she doesn't want to buy too much stuff.
Geesh.. She isnt prepared at all, is she? Maybe the best thing you can giver her is a swift kick in the head. :lmao:

DUH! Lilo.

IM hungry.. Think it is too soon to start dinner? Im making manicotti. YUM!! It is so GOOD.

Manicotti is in the oven. Im so hungry just thinking about it.. To bad it wont be ready..FOREVER!!:sad1:

I saw a commercial on TV Monday night for some sort of Disney outlet in Lancaster (the next city over). My mom went up there last night and it is a Disneyland outlet. She said they had tons of stuff for very cheap. The gold 50th anniversary mickey ears hat for $1.00! Shirts for $3.00. I'm going to try to go up there on my lunch but I hope I'll have enough time to look. They are only going to be there until Feb. 8th. I've never heard of such a store.

I got a postcard in the mail that said there was one in Thousand Oaks but it's only open until Feb 1st. I went there and got 4 track jackets that I had seen at DL (they cost $48/EA). They were only $15.99/EA. and I also saw those dessert plates they had with the princess crowns on them. They were marked down to $5/EA and I remember those were popular and expensive when I saw them at DL. The only thing you have to be careful of is that they do not give refunds or exchanges.

LILO!! :woohoo:

Frelan is getting way excited for the babies to come. He was going over the baby stuff to make sure I put it all together right..:rolleyes: Why must men do that?? I had a baby all by myself, and put all of HIS stuff together ALL ALONE.. And he didnt fall out of anything. :lmao: Anyhow. He had the car seats out.. just looking at them..:love: He seriously cant wait for them to be full of babies. He was walking around singing.. Babies!! Babies, babies, babies.... cant wait for the babies!! What a geek!:rotfl2:

IM hungry.. Think it is too soon to start dinner? Im making manicotti. YUM!! It is so GOOD.

Sounds delicious :) I'm eating sour cream and onion toasted Ritz chips. They don't taste bad and are 40% less fattening than potato chips. I also have an Arizona Green Tea W/Ginger and Honey. I never thought I would like it but it's not bad.

What Bernice said..

Yeah... That!:lmao: I also just take the babies into the bath with me. Its just lovely to relax in the tub while holding your little baby..:love: If she takes the bouncy seat in the bathroom, she can set the baby in that while she gets in and out of the tub.. That way there is no worry of falling with baby. Of course.... that MIGHT just be me... Seeing as how I can trip over air. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Geesh.. She isnt prepared at all, is she? Maybe the best thing you can giver her is a swift kick in the head. :lmao:

DUH! Lilo.

:thumbsup2 If someone would have asked me I wouldn't have known. :rotfl:

I got a postcard in the mail that said there was one in Thousand Oaks but it's only open until Feb 1st. I went there and got 4 track jackets that I had seen at DL (they cost $48/EA). They were only $15.99/EA. and I also saw those dessert plates they had with the princess crowns on them. They were marked down to $5/EA and I remember those were popular and expensive when I saw them at DL. The only thing you have to be careful of is that they do not give refunds or exchanges.

LILO!! :woohoo:

My mom said she got me a set of plates but I think they are Holiday ones. I didn't make it up there at lunch but maybe tomorrow. Oh, she got me a Tinkerbell shirt too. I really want to look for a jacket or hoodie.

:thumbsup2 If someone would have asked me I wouldn't have known. :rotfl:

My mom said she got me a set of plates but I think they are Holiday ones. I didn't make it up there at lunch but maybe tomorrow. Oh, she got me a Tinkerbell shirt too. I really want to look for a jacket or hoodie.

My husband and kids are total Lilo and Stitch fans. Just dont ask us about any of the classic Disney movies. I dont think I have even seen Cinderella!

My husband and kids are total Lilo and Stitch fans. Just dont ask us about any of the classic Disney movies. I dont think I have even seen Cinderella!

I remember the older ones but I haven't seen any new ones since about 4 years ago when DBF's DD went to live with her mom. I love Little Mermaid and Alladin and Lion King. It's not that I haven't wanted too but I can't get DBF to go to a cartoon with me and I don't do movies by myself. Well actually we did see Ratatollie. How ever you spell it.

I remember the older ones but I haven't seen any new ones since about 4 years ago when DBF's DD went to live with her mom. I love Little Mermaid and Alladin and Lion King. It's not that I haven't wanted too but I can't get DBF to go to a cartoon with me and I don't do movies by myself. Well actually we did see Ratatollie. How ever you spell it.

it does help having small beasties around. I think I have seen all the newer Disney cartoony-type movies. Shoot. I think we have them all. :lmao:

We've stopped at the Character Warehouse Outlet every few months last year, some vists were better than others to find deals. Isn't it funny they are still trying to sell 50th stuff like the ears and the plates?

After awhile they will tire of trying to sell as single pieces.. then you land the deals of buy one get 2 free. :thumbsup2 I got a bunch of small candy tins that way one year.

I've read the manager doesn't like the light chaser toys, they are always very cheap, one time it was buy 1 get 4 free .. desperate much? :lmao:

The one near DL even had pins for sale. Good for traders.
If there is something you really like, buy it that day.. chances are it won't be there later. Hubby loves the tote bag he bought, big and sturdy canvas. Went back the next week to pick up more --- poof they were all gone.

We won't ever have the temp stores, too far away and MN is considered WDW territory for advertising. Which is kinda funny, they say the line of DL vs WDW focus in ads is the Mississippi River.. but umm the river runs thru all of the metro area .. shouldn't we then get BOTH ad campiagns? :rolleyes:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Since we have teens now, we go to the Disney movies if hubby and I want to watch.. not because of the boys. :goodvibes

I typically don't like the "2" versions or others that go straight to DVD.. but I did catch the Tinkerbelle movie on the Dsiney channel. Actually hubby was watching it, got me hooked and we had to watch it again when it was reprised. Cute movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter