Another use for Home Depot Mickey Head Paint Chips!

mollygirl13

DIS Veteran
I found another use for those cute Mickey Head Paint Chips from Home Depot-Luggage Tags! I have to say that I saw the idea posted on the Dis so I cannot take full credit for the idea. (But thank-you to whoever is responsible!!!! :thumbsup2 )
They were super easy to do and very inexpensive. I paid a little under $6.00 at Wal-Mart for the self-laminating packets w/ the clear luggage attachment.
Here is a pic of what I made for our upcoming February trip:

luggagetags.jpg

I have to say I am super-happy with how these turned out! We all needed new luggage tags and am glad I found the idea to make my own on the Dis! :banana:

We have those same stickers! We put them on the Mickey heads and then use Sharpies to write a number on each one, the amount of days left until our trip. Then we use low-tack double-sided Scotch tape to stick them on the back of the door out to the garage. Every morning on our way out of the house, we look for the largest number and take it off. The kids fight over who gets to take off the number! It's like an Advent calendar, but it's a countdown to our trip. It's great for DD3 who doesn't quite understand a calendar yet but can understand looking at how many Mickeys are on the door. When we're down to one, it says, "Let's Go!" and then we know it's time to head to the airport!

We also like to use the Mickey heads for bookmarks. My DD9 is a huge reader and is often in the middle of several books and they are just the right size!

Too cute! Oh my goodness! I just picked up a bunch of these paint chips and now you've got a great crafty idea for me to use! Thanks for sharing!

I took some and wrote my ADR's on them and dopped them in my wallet, so when we arrived, if there is a problem, I have my ressie # right there and they are easy to see.

Suzanne princess:

We made our trip countdown today, here's the finished result. The kids had tons of fun and DD3 finally understands that we are not going to Disney World today!

Jan2008004.jpg

I took some and wrote my ADR's on them and dopped them in my wallet, so when we arrived, if there is a problem, I have my ressie # right there and they are easy to see.

Suzanne princess:

Now that's a smart idea! :thumbsup2

I found another use for those cute Mickey Head Paint Chips from Home Depot-Luggage Tags! I have to say that I saw the idea posted on the Dis so I cannot take full credit for the idea. (But thank-you to whoever is responsible!!!! :thumbsup2 )
They were super easy to do and very inexpensive. I paid a little under $6.00 at Wal-Mart for the self-laminating packets w/ the clear luggage attachment.
Here is a pic of what I made for our upcoming February trip:

luggagetags.jpg

I have to say I am super-happy with how these turned out! We all needed new luggage tags and am glad I found the idea to make my own on the Dis! :banana:

That's a great idea!! Home Depot will hopefully never realize that the Disboard members are the reason that all of their Disney paintchips go missing so frequently. Everytime I go to Home Depot, I always pick up 2 handfuls and make DF pick some up too. Maybe one day I'll decorate a huge wall in my house with them. :laughing:

That's a great idea!! Home Depot will hopefully never realize that the Disboard members are the reason that all of their Disney paintchips go missing so frequently. Everytime I go to Home Depot, I always pick up 2 handfuls and make DF pick some up too. Maybe one day I'll decorate a huge wall in my house with them. :laughing:

There must not be many Diser's in my area, cause our Home Depot has a ton of all the colors. My mom prefers the red ones.

Suzanne princess:

Yeah our HD is always fully stocked. We took about 30 of them to make our countdown and it didn't even make a dent. When I take the green ones to make DIS ID tags I take about 20 at a time and never wipe 'em out. I seriously think nobody around here is a DISer.

We made our trip countdown today, here's the finished result. The kids had tons of fun and DD3 finally understands that we are not going to Disney World today!

Jan2008004.jpg

CUTE ideas everyone!

And lyzziesmom - so funny; my DD has THE SAME top!! :goodvibes

I LOVE the luggage tag idea. . .I may run out and get the supplies for those today. I use my mickey heads in my scrapbooking projects. I have a BLAST with them. . .

And lyzziesmom - so funny; my DD has THE SAME top!! :goodvibes

That IS funny! We got ours at a kids consignment shop and it's one my favorites, I wish I had one for myself!

I cut them out and used them as name tags for the kids Christmas presents!!

What a fantastic idea! I gave my kids a trip to WDW for Christmas and wish I'd thought of that. I found ribbon with Mickey heads on it and used that, which they noticed and were very curious about since it wasn't on any other presents. I'll have to stock up on red, green & white Mickey heads for next Christmas!

For my husband's birthday this past July I had all of the ADR's I had made written out on LGMH's, laying out all over the table around his cake when he came in from work. I was surprising him with an October trip to WDW. He looked at them and just moved them over without thinking twice about it. My DD14 went crazy becasue he didn't get it. Finally he noticed the dates on them after she made him look at them again. We gave him the reservation info, MNSSHP tickets, and the LGMH's...So that was how I last used them! They just have so many great uses!!!

Just bumping us up! :) I am going to make my family MORE Luggage tags. Everyone loved them so much that they want more. I'll be happy to make them-it's fun doing it! :yay:

The loops came in the self laminating packet! It had everything needed to make personalized luggage tags :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter