Another Virgin Question

wilki32

Mouseketeer
I recently picked up a 2003 Virgin brochure, inside it said that there is still the facility to drop the luggage off in the morning at Downtown Disney. Is this just misprint or is that facility back on, we're off in October and at the moment if we can't drop the luggage off (4 adults and 2 kids) I'm really stuck to think what we can do without leaving the cases in the van. Any suggestions will surely help.

Anthony

Hi
Lots of confusion about this.
I am sure that the current position is that it remains closed.
It may come back next year but for security reasons after 09/11 many people think that it is unlikely to come back

Hope that helps

Re Luggage
1. leave in van
2. Leave at left luggage in hotel
3. Check in early at airport - usually opens around 11am, and return to Orlando for the last few hours

Hi,
Unfortunately DD check-in is absolutely Definitely not open.
Virgin are currently hoping to re-open it in the new year but they remain at the mercy of the US security rules.

Carol:(

I asked same question when I just booked, I was told that it was still not available but was in the brochure as they hope to have it open sometime in 2003.

Thanks alot, it does help, so I take it we can drop the luggage off at the airport then still using the hire car go back out and return at 5ish as our flight home is at 8.45pm.

Anthony

we usually request a late checkout, so we don't need to leave the room until 1, then just leave the bags in the car.

Or, I have left the bags with reception, they usually have a room where luggage can be left.

Bev

Yep, everybody is right it is closed.

We used to love the ease of using the DTD facility, but the virgin rep told us after 09/11 it had to close.

Unfortunately/fortunately we're staying in a Florida Home and I remember from the last time we had to be out by 11.00am.

Anthony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter