Another which resort; CBR, AK or WL

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, we are two adults going towards the end of April to Disney. Which resort would you choose and why? We haven't stayed at any of the ones listed in the subject line. Hubby wants to stay somewhere different. Me, I would always pick FQ or Riverside, just love those two resorts. I have stayed at Coronado twice but for me it was just ok. I would love to stay at Contemporary but the price is just keeping me away. Oh, CBR would be a king bed, that is the only thing left beside 5th sleeper and preferred with a discount. AK, would be standard and WL is a woods view. Thanks.

WL or CBR. WL is our favorite but the skyliner is awesome. WL is going to have extra evening hours CBR is not. Also have you looked into Swan or Dolphin.

WL always wins for us... Great food, excellent bars/lounges, peaceful and serene along the lake, and 8 minutes from MK by boat.

We love CBR for a short stay to access the Skyliner. Location to Riviera's food and drink makes it a winner as well.

AKL is not a favorite for how we visit. Proximity/access to parks is important to us. AKL also has very long hallways that can leave you 10 minutes from the lobby. The restaurants at AKL are very good but you can always visit and dine without staying there.

Of those three, I've only stayed at AKL, but I would love to try WL so that would be my pick.

WL always wins for us... Great food, excellent bars/lounges, peaceful and serene along the lake, and 8 minutes from MK by boat.

We love CBR for a short stay to access the Skyliner. Location to Riviera's food and drink makes it a winner as well.

AKL is not a favorite for how we visit. Proximity/access to parks is important to us. AKL also has very long hallways that can leave you 10 minutes from the lobby. The restaurants at AKL are very good but you can always visit and dine without staying there.
I completely agree.

I'm not a fan of any of these to be honest, but that said, I would go with WL given these choices. I find the most magic in the MK resort area and WL has a great ambiance.

I’d lean AK. Great dining options, amazing lobby, huge pool, and animals you don’t get to see everyday. Maybe a nice romantic glass of wine on the viewing deck?

We booked CBR because WL was 1200 more for the week.
WL is my second favorite resort (Poly #1), and AKL is my third favorite resort.

With that said, I agree with your CBR pick. I would only use DVC points to stay at WL or AKL, and I wouldn't spend $1200 more to stay at WL or AKL unless $1200 is a chump change to you.

We booked CBR because WL was 1200 more for the week.
Very good...

I would avoid preferred as I like being near the Skyliner and rarely use any CBR amenities in favor of Riviera, a short walk.

We like Aruba to be near the Skyliner and Riviera although Jamaica is an excellent choice (nearest the Skyliner hub) as well.

+1 for WL
Our first time ever staying on property DW and I narrowed it down to FOFQ or WL. We really wanted to stay at WL but just couldn't justify the price difference. All these years later (25?) we are finally staying at WL. can't wait!
Agree with @megs1313, we hate CBR. AoA or Pop is a better choice if you are going and want to be on Skyliner.
DW went with another group and stayed at AK - she won't do that again. It's too far out. Not bad if you have a car but just far too much time on busses if you don't.

I just couldn’t do it! I convinced DH to stay at Riverside in a preferred room. The two Port Orleans Resorts are my favorite. Last time we stayed we were on the mansion side, never stayed on the Bayou side, so it will be like a new hotel…haha

I just couldn’t do it! I convinced DH to stay at Riverside in a preferred room. The two Port Orleans Resorts are my favorite. Last time we stayed we were on the mansion side, never stayed on the Bayou side, so it will be like a new hotel…haha
Great choice! I absolutely love that resort. I love the close proximity to Disney Springs as well.

LOVE POR! One of my favorite pools in all of WDW and it's so peaceful there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter