Any Advice - Villas

lazarru

DIS Veteran
Looking at the FT packages, thinking of looking at going and taking grandparents. Would be 4 adults and 2 kids, 2 and 3. Would is the space like in the Villas, would it be possible to fit everyone in a studio? In a 1 bedroom?

Anyone with any experience in them, how is it?

I guess the other option would be to goto allstars and have 2 rooms as I think even the getting 2 rooms at a moderate would be higher than I would want, but not too sure.

It seems you are asking about the DVC villas? Both the studios and the 1 bedroom villas at all of the DVC resorts have an occupancy limit of 4 plus one under the age of 3. Many of the studios and all of the 1 bedrooms have one bed and one pull out sofa. The exception to this is the studios at OKW which have 2 beds in them.

We just returned :( sigh! 3 weeks ago. We (4 adults and 2 young children) stayed in a 2 bedroom at BWV's. It was fabulous! Lots of room, beautifully decorated and great location! I highly recommend a 2 bedroom!

Lazarru,

You are allowed 4 adults plus 1 child under 3 in a portable crib in a 1 bedroom. That means you are one child over. There will be no bedding for the one child.

Without being judgmental, I can tell you that I know of people who purchased small sleeping bags that have an inflatable mattress component to them and have taken them for their small children. The kids seem to be very comfortable in them.

Even if you were to do this, it would be tight. You would still only have 1 bathroom, and probably not enough plates and utensils for everyone. You would have more room in the OKW villas which are much larger than those at the boardwalk or the others.

FWIW, we just rented a 2 bedroom villa at the BW from a DVC member in Nov. If you get a standard view 2 bedroom and arrive Sun and check out Fri, they are only 24 points per night. Most DVC members seem to rent in the $9-$11 per point range, so this is a pretty good deal. The weekends are outrageously high to rent points for though.

Good luck on your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter