• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any chance DVC permanently closes VGC?

I was thinking the opposite, with no end in sight to DL's closure. California sure seems set on running DL as a whole out of town, which I did not see coming.
Yesterday's updates on experiences included DL so I think they will reopen.

California has everyone closed, so it isn't just DL. And Disney has always been allowed to have their hotels open and just have chosen not to.

The villas at The Grand Californian will be the ONLY one on property OPEN FOR NOW so my reservation still stands
Dec. 10 - 12 !! :welcome: NOTHING ELSE around the hotel will be open but 1 pool but it is fine!!!
They have just opened partial areas of California Adventure park for dinning outside plus some shopping
as an extension to Downtown Disney and at least there is something to do !!! :thumbsup2

But if VGC is trading points out to DVC, but nothing is trading in, there is an imbalance there. Why should VGC owners get to continue to be able to use their points at resorts that are open and supported by other association's dues if no one can use their points at VGC? If it is going to be unavailable for years, they should be removed from the Club. It seems like this part of the Multi-Site POS should take effect:

Not quite sure what you are saying. I am a GCV owner have been for 10 years. I actually have only used my points there twice. Living in FL i use all the other resorts. So are you implying that you should only be able to use your points at what ever resort you bought?

Not quite sure what you are saying. I am a GCV owner have been for 10 years. I actually have only used my points there twice. Living in FL i use all the other resorts. So are you implying that you should only be able to use your points at what ever resort you bought?

I think they were referring to trading out when a resort is closed. So, while VGC remained closed, the points associated with those rooms are taking rooms at other resorts without offering a corresponding room,

But, the POS specifically allows the boards of condo associations to allow owners to still trade out and create the imbalance.

At this point, once it’s back open, it’s back to business as usual in terms of points going out and rooms being there for others to trade in.

Zero chance if anything Disney would ask for the ability to turn 100% of the resort to DVC and sell all those extra points so Disney can remove the risk while making money.

As far as trading out its no different than Aulani, Hilton Head, Vero, or even SSR/ OKW with those owners trading out vs people trading in.

VGC is so tiny that it can easily be eaten up by rooms that are not booked at WDW over time. Every year Disney makes bank off breakage because rooms go unbooked throughout the year.

But if VGC is trading points out to DVC, but nothing is trading in, there is an imbalance there. Why should VGC owners get to continue to be able to use their points at resorts that are open and supported by other association's dues if no one can use their points at VGC? If it is going to be unavailable for years, they should be removed from the Club. It seems like this part of the Multi-Site POS should take effect:

I suspect DVC expects a lot of points to simply go unused. We will let points expire over the next few years. And we won't be alone.

Not so fast...
As far as I know, VGC is not reopening on 12/6, and all reservations through 12/31/2020 have been cancelled ( or are in the process of getting cancelled).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter