Any difference between June and July?

JulyGirl

DIS Veteran
Starting to plan a west coast trip for next year. Still trying to settle on dates. Any major differences between June (around June 11) and July (after the 4th)? We would be staying at a Disneyland resort.

I went July14-24 2005 and Jun 8-12, 2006. June is definitely better. It was extremely hot last year in July. The first couple of days started out ok, then it got to hi 90's lo 100's for the rest of the trip.

June of this year was pleasant the entire time. They have June gloom where the mornngs are cloudy and overcast, but it burns off by late morning. The week I went in June switched to later park hours to than the week before???? Note that Thursdays are Grad Nites and DL and DCA will close earlier.

Are grad nights throughout June or just until mid June? Also I thought that only MK closed early and not DCA?

We are usually avid June goers. We've gone twice in July over the past 6 years. The main things we noticed is it's hotter in July, and can be more crowded. We prefer early to mid June. It's warm but not HOT, and the crowds aren't too bad as some of the kids are still in school until later June.

How early in June do the closing times change to allow for the later closings?

gssmks said:
How early in June do the closing times change to allow for the later closings?

We were there June 7th- 12th this year and the longer hours were in place then. The crowds were light, and the weather was great, cloudy and not to hot!

stagemomx3 said:
We were there June 7th- 12th this year and the longer hours were in place then. The crowds were light, and the weather was great, cloudy and not to hot!

Great! We are planning on going the first full week of June, so we should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter