• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any discounts available at Easter?

Glory Days

Mouseketeer
Being a teacher we usually travel to Disney at Easter. Next year my two 20-something daughters are coming with us, and I'd like to treat all of us to a stay at the Grand Floridian, but I called and that is peak season. Did anyone ever get a discount at this time of year? I usually stay at the Dolphin with the teachers discount, but would really love to stay at the GF. I'm just not sure if it's worth it at rack rates.

I've been Easter week a few times. We've always gotten an AP rate. I don't know about general public codes.

We've been there the last two Easters, and just this past year we got (what I thought to be) a good winter dream maker package. Eight nights, four people including a 4 and 8 year old. Also had the Prince and Princess add-on. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge with Courtyard View for $3050.00. We used our Disney CC and also got $200.00 disney dollars at check-in. You can find discounts even during peak times.

There are often discounts, though from what I've read recently, the extent of discounting is on the decrease, now that the economy is improving and demand for leisure activity is high.

We did get a public discount code this year the week before Easter though the code went through Easter week also. You still will pay considerably more to stay at Grand Floridian on a code, even an AP code, than it is to stay at the Dolphin with the teacher discount. Our public code rate at Contemporary Garden Wing room was $237 and the AP discount rate was $199. If your heart is set on the Grand Floridian, it might be worth it to buy one AP for that discount.

You also may want to book your room through Dreams Unlimited. I imagine those Easter discount rooms will be snapped up pretty quickly and DU will be able to get them for you right away.

hey there Mrs K!
I'm sure that either there will be a discount on the room, or a package deal like they have out now with the free dining.
Are there any Tourney's coming Up for Mr. K down in FL? It might pay to have someone get an Annual Pass, so you can get the discount. The AP starts to pay for itself at about 8 days in the parks.
Or if you want to fly Me and the Mrs. down with you, we'll let you use our AP discount :) :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter