Any DVCers tried to the Sunrise Safari at AKL?

Greg K.

Happy DVC Member, DIS Vet, and Catholic Deacon
My wife isn't that interested in trying it, but I am. Since we're staying at the AKL in July, I may give it a shot.

Any impressions?

How's the breakfast after?

Is it worth it? Are the animals up and about in the wee hours? Any good photo ops (besides what you'd normally see on the Safari)?

We did it a couple of years ago, enjoyed it but not enough to do it again, you should give it a try.

:earsboy: Bill

Just got back and did this on Mother's day the 11th. It was Awesome! Would highly recommend. Tour itself was about an hour with breakfast following. Got a late start so didnt enter park until after 7:30. Was eating breakfast about 8:45. Finished breakfast and park had just opened at 9. Great day.

We did it May 8th. I did not like having to be in the lobby at 6:45 am for check-in for the tour and we did not even leave AKL until 7:30 am. It was explained to us that the extra check-in time was to ensure those with mobility problems got on the bus on time. It was fun and I did get a ton of great pics. The park was already open before we got to breakfast, so maybe we went a little long on the Safari (?) I guess. We'd probably do it again in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter