Any good Flounder recipes? (not fried)

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
DH picked up flounder for our supper tonight, but forgot the Lea & Perrins White Wine sauce that I usually use when making it.

I only just now discovered this & am scrambling to find a recipe for dinner tonight. Any ideas? (We don't fry things though.)

I use this with Tilapia, not sure if it would work with flounder.

in a glass container put diced tomatoes ( usually I add onion and garlic powder) and then put fish ( then add in more tomatoes if you wish ) and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Cheryl

Both of those sound really good! :thumbsup2 I might have to make some a couple different ways. DD won't eat tomatoes - even though she likes salsa, I'm sure she wouldn't eat it hot. :rolleyes:

I also found one that's called "Greek Flounder on RecipeZaar, but I can't figure out why it's "Greek". :confused3 It's basically baked fish with lemon jiuce, balsamic & oregano.

Cheryl - I bake our tilapia with pesto on the top. Sometimes I also put shredded mozzarella on top of the pesto, but it's good without. DD isn't really picky, but for some reason she doesn't care for the taste of tilapia. She prefers catfish, which I can't eat. The fat on it just gives me the willies. LOL

Both of those sound really good! :thumbsup2 I might have to make some a couple different ways. DD won't eat tomatoes - even though she likes salsa, I'm sure she wouldn't eat it hot. :rolleyes:

I also found one that's called "Greek Flounder on RecipeZaar, but I can't figure out why it's "Greek". :confused3 It's basically baked fish with lemon jiuce, balsamic & oregano.

Cheryl - I bake our tilapia with pesto on the top. Sometimes I also put shredded mozzarella on top of the pesto, but it's good without. DD isn't really picky, but for some reason she doesn't care for the taste of tilapia. She prefers catfish, which I can't eat. The fat on it just gives me the willies. LOL

My oldest could live on chips and salsa, but heat it up and she would rather die than eat it.

Any recipe for plaice or sole should work - I think the "Greek" is because its typical Greek flavourings :thumbsup2
For plaice I top with a mixture of parmesan, breadcrumbs (fresh), chopped herbs and melted butter. Or mayo if you can't bne bothered with butter;) - low fat is fine - and grill until done.

I usually like orange roughy instead, but since it's almost the same price as gold nowadays...I substituled flounder the other day on our grill.
I just lighty brush it with olive oil, salt and pepper it, then sprinkle with lemon pepper and paprika. What a great substitute! And, believe me the flounder is much cheaper! lol

Which great recipe did you try after all, btw?:)
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter