• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any good restaurants outside of Disney?

MaryKayKay

Earning My Ears
My family will be in Disney next week. Are there any good restaurants outside of Disney, like in the Kissimee area, that are moderately priced?

We've always liked Race Rock...and the prices are fairly reasonable for a themed restaurant.

Otherwise we've mainly stuck to chain restaurants off site....I love breakfast at Perkins! I've never really been to the Kissimmee area though...we've generally only ventured in the International Drive area.

Several years ago, we stayed in Kissimmee on 192. We ate at a Ruby Tuesdays and a Macaroni Grill that we realy enjoyed. Both we're on 192 near our timeshare.

In Kissimmee on 192 there is a steakhouse called Kissimmee Steak Company. We eat here every trip- the food is excellent and is moderately priced for a steak house.

Ann:earsgirl:

We loved Bahama Breeze. Good food and fun atmosphere. There is a website available to obtain the address and phone number.

Our favorite is Pizzeria Uno. There are 2 or 3 locations and one of them usually runs a coupon where kids eat for their weight, ( a penny per pound). They have the best deep dish pizza in town. They also have dinners and I think sandwiches.

Really enjoyed Bahama Breeze twice. Had a good lunch at the NBA restaurant at City walk.

We found them in those free magazines all over the area. I don't remember which ones had them. Debby

Thanks for the info. We will be lloking out for this coupon. With 4 kids and only having to pay by weight could be a good deal. They are all young and do not weigh much..

We must have hit Pizzeria Uno's on a bad night :( It wasn't late but not many people in there either. Waitress (about 19) had a group of friends she was visiting with. Finally she took our drink order and I ordered a salad to start the meal off. She asked me what kind of dressing I would like. I said "ranch" and she said "We're out of ranch." "Ok, Italian." "We are out of Italian" she replied. I said, "No Italian, creamy or clear? "How about French?" "No." What DO you have?" "Thousand Island." "OK, I'll just pass on the salad." Y'all, I swear I'm not usually picky but here I sit in an Italian/pizza restaurant and I can't even get Italian dressing on my salad??? I knew this was a sign of things to come. Never in my life have I seen my 3 children turn their noses up at pizza. They did since the sauce consisted of big chunks of tomato instead of it being a sauce consistency. Ok, my kids don't know authentic pizza I guess but the kicker is that is was also luke warm when we got it. I knew at this point there was no use in complaining since it would have fallen on deaf ears. Our waitress (the Christina Aguileira (sp?) look alike) frankly wouldn't have cared. End of rant. Glad to know it's not always like that. We have had great meals and service at Chevy's at the Crossroads, and Romano's Macaroni Grill down the street.

We love Chevy's at the Crossroads. It's mexican, but the ingredients are very fresh. I love the floutas (spelling?), very hot, and the kids meals are a great value!:smooth:

The one restaurant outside of WDW that we try to make it a point to go to on every Orlando visit is Charley's Steakhouse. There's one in Kissimmee on 192 and another along the I-Drive. Though it can be expensive (no more so than any other deluxe steakhouse) the food there is fabulous, among the best steaks we've ever had. And DW and I have found we can keep the cost down by splitting a steak.

It's a little off the beaten path, but Santiago's on Route 27 in Clermont has GREAT Mexican, and is very inexpensive (a family of four could eat for under $40).

It's about a 20 minute drive from WDW, go west on 192, turn onto 27 North and drive about 15 miles (65 mph speed limit pretty much the entire way), it's located at the base of the Citrus Tower. If it's still light out you can take the elevator to the top of the Citrus Tower for a scenic view at a small fee.

Anne

Our vote is definitely UNO'S!! We eat there every trip. Their pizza is wonderful. :tongue: We have already been talking about it. We have also eaten at Chevy's mexican....it was good too. They are both on Palm Parkway right behind DD hotel row. The road that goes between the DD hotels will take you right to both of them.

Jungle Jim's in the crossroads shopping center. Very good and fun place to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter