Any guesses on Poly 2 timing?

As the resort hasn't even broken ground yet (that I am aware of), we are potentially staring at the start of a recession, DeSantis and Disney are fighting, and we all saw what happened to Reflections would anyone care to speculate on when Poly 2 might actually be available to purchase AND book? I thought they were targeting 2024 but that seems a bit optimistic at this point, no?

It said end of 2024. I bet it stays on target as that it still two years away.

So, sales beginning in March or April 2024 with November to December opening is my guess.

I'm still a little surprised that Reflections was abandoned and they didn't come back to it before announcing a brand new venture in the Polyday Inn. Reflections is a bit of an eyesore now just sitting there half started. Point being, it's so hard to predict right now as there are so many unpredictable factors popping up that affect the economics of it all. Hopefully if they start it, they finish it on time.

Agree with @PalmettoPath - I'm not sure why they scrapped the whole Reflections project when they broke ground and made significant changes to the land. Now it's a bunch of dirt and ugly fences around it. I'm also ticked because I wanted that Tiana-themed restaurant. ;-)

With supply shortages and general recessionary talk, I think anything could happen at this point. No one knows the future. Let's hope it stays on schedule.

I'm still a little surprised that Reflections was abandoned and they didn't come back to it before announcing a brand new venture in the Polyday Inn. Reflections is a bit of an eyesore now just sitting there half started. Point being, it's so hard to predict right now as there are so many unpredictable factors popping up that affect the economics of it all. Hopefully if they start it, they finish it on time.
I am not surprised.

First, Reflections was a DVC+resort hotel offering, which means they would need cash demand.

But second, they know "more at Poly!!" is printing cash. Poly is one of the iconic originals. Reflections is an unknown.

You can see a bit of this as you look at RIV sales and VGF2 sales. While VGF2 is smaller and lacks the resale restriction that RIV has (and Poly2 will likely have) that isn't all of it. DVC has already declared ALL of VGF2, but I think pacing on RIV will have it sell through right around when Poly2 starts selling.

I am not surprised.

First, Reflections was a DVC+resort hotel offering, which means they would need cash demand.

But second, they know "more at Poly!!" is printing cash. Poly is one of the iconic originals. Reflections is an unknown.

You can see a bit of this as you look at RIV sales and VGF2 sales. While VGF2 is smaller and lacks the resale restriction that RIV has (and Poly2 will likely have) that isn't all of it. DVC has already declared ALL of VGF2, but I think pacing on RIV will have it sell through right around when Poly2 starts selling.
I can see that. I hope they resuscitate it at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Reflections was more than just DVC. I think they didn’t go back to that project because they don’t need more WDW resorts for the time being and changed it so that they could still build DVC.

And, adding more to Poly makes great sense since it appears it will include the rooms they don’t currently have.

Reflections was more than just DVC. I think they didn’t go back to that project because they don’t need more WDW resorts for the time being and changed it so that they could still build DVC.

And, adding more to Poly makes great sense since it appears it will include the rooms they don’t currently have.
I just hope that it doesn't stay abandoned for too long. Would love to see it finished, not so much because I love it or think it's a great idea, as much as seeing a big construction junk pile there isn't great.

I just hope that it doesn't stay abandoned for too long. Would love to see it finished, not so much because I love it or think it's a great idea, as much as seeing a big construction junk pile there isn't great.

I doubt you will see anything for some years now that Poly tower is on the books.

They will never build the Reflections project and that is not a guess that is a piece of knowledge I have. It’s dead, not suspended.

They almost certainly will build something there someday though. Maybe they’ll even call it Reflections. But it will be something different.

They will never build the Reflections project and that is not a guess that is a piece of knowledge I have. It’s dead, not suspended.

They almost certainly will build something there someday though. Maybe they’ll even call it Reflections. But it will be something different.
You must be a mystic, as I know that your silly statement is not true at all. But you can think you know it all. Sheesh.

Agree with @PalmettoPath - I'm not sure why they scrapped the whole Reflections project when they broke ground and made significant changes to the land. Now it's a bunch of dirt and ugly fences around it. I'm also ticked because I wanted that Tiana-themed restaurant. ;-)

With supply shortages and general recessionary talk, I think anything could happen at this point. No one knows the future. Let's hope it stays on schedule.
I realize fences and dirt are ugly but of course there was a a decaying water park sitting there for 20 years.

I think Poly has best chance of staying on schedule. Poly popularity will help with sales. DVC needs to have something to sell.

I am not surprised.

If it's that simple, why was Reflections even started? Why didn't they just do Poly2 to begin with?

If it's that simple, why was Reflections even started? Why didn't they just do Poly2 to begin with?

Because prior to the pandemic they felt they had the need for more cash room.

Now they don’t and since Poly is a popular deluxe resort it made sense to put it on that site instead of keeping DVC only at the Reflections site

I think it will be 2025 at the earliest. If it was 2024, they would have started construction by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter