Any inforamtion on Fort Wilderness Cabins

DIARAP2003

Earning My Ears
Going in October wanted to know if anyone has stayed there and what you recommend. Pretty excited this is 4th time to Disney but first at home away from home....

You should be able to find all the answers to your questions on the Camping Board.

I am staying there in July for the very first time as well. Feel free to PM me if needed.

Have never stayed at the cabins personally, however, my brother and wife, 2 kids and in-laws always stay there when they go. They love it. I've seen video of the cabins and they look very roomy, not to mention the fact that you have a full kitchen, deck and barbecue. I think the only drawback would be not having that "disney" feel and I've heard it's a long walk to the busses. However, I understand there is also a boat to MK. Also my brother loves the buffet they have their, says they lose money on him. Hope you enjoy your trip!

We stayed at the Cabins the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. in 2000 and highly reccomend it. I thought the walk to the buses were not bad at all, but the walk to the pool was too long for us. We rented a golf cart and it was worth every penny! We took it for morning rides around the park to see the peacocks and other wildlife, and it was handy to get to the laundry at night.

The kids LOVED having their "own" room and television - the murphy bed was comfy, and we loved the peace and quiet. As for not feeling "Disney-ish", I can't say that I agree. The petting zoo is very nice, the Trails End Buffet was terrific, and very very reasonable - the Hoop De Doo Review is there, and the Trading Post is fun too...the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is fun (the ride back in the dark is even nicer, with the castle lit up behind you... a nice way to say goodbye to a day at the parks). My kids fished in the canal, rode trail horses, and participated in the campfire sing -a-long with Chip and Dale. We even rented surry bikes there and rode around. It was a very family oriented vacation.

It's so peaceful and relaxing - especially if you have kids and need down time. The only thing I found disappointing were the pools. The kids didn't seem to mind - water is water... but I had hoped for more.

I don't think you'll regret a minute spent at the cabins. Have a wonderful time!
S

So much fun and here is a tip if your group is large. Loop #2100 "Bobcat Bend" is the closest of the cabin loops to the "real" campsites. Because of this you can walk to the "comfort station" for campers which has toilets, showers and laundry if you need it. We had 4 adults/2 kids and this helped so much on busy mornings. We sent Grandpa packing for his showers! When I made the res I said "Please near the comfort station" and we were in site #2140 which was perfect. Bobcat Bend is also at a major bus stop which made it convenient. It is a bit far from the quiet pool, however, so request whichever you feel is best!

We stayed in one and loved it. I was sick in bed one day and it was so nice and peaceful not having to worry about listening to others in the hall and next/above you.
The bottom bunk bed seems a bit cramped. We had a car so we did not notice the long walk to the pool. Our bus stop was not too far from our cabin.
We didn't cook but only used the fridge and microwave - very convenient.
We liked to take the boat back from the MK or Contemporary at fireworks time. Sometimes the CM will stop the boat so everyone can watch the fireworks.
The Contemporary has a large game room and a reasonably priced snack bar if you want to take the boat and do something different. We also like to take the boat and visit WL.
Have fun and hope you enjoy.

Highlights for us included the outdoor movie and campfire/marshmallow roast, the petting farm, and the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Spotting armadillos was fun, too!

Also stayed in 2100 loop, did not rent golf cart, cooked Christmas dinner in the cabin, did laundry at the 2500 loop (a few spaces for cars there), promote Trail's End Buffeteria, and the movies at the campground. My children who have now stayed at both moderates and deluxes actually prefer FW at WDW to other locations! Bring salt and pepper, cups for bathroom, coffee, and a cookie sheet if you plan to cook!

Just remembered--while you are there there may be special haunted hay rides featuring the headless horseman. They were all sold out last October, so I have no personal info. I'm hoping we can get tickets for this year!

Hop on over and visit us on the Fort Wilderness board! We love to share ideas and stories! :Pinkbounc Here's a link:
Camping Board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter