Any killer Car rental deals for October yet????

nurseypoo5

Better late then never!!!! Right Mickster?!
omgosh, when, or why arent they being released? I cant believe i'm going to have to pay nearly 300.00 for a week in a van when in July people were getting them for 100.00 per week.

Anyone hear any good deals lately?

me too! I have an intermediate with Alamo for $161. I only paid $105 with National in June. I can't get National below $260 (Oct 22-27). I've always used National, never paid more than $125.

I don't know that I'd call this a "killer" deal, but, we're getting a Premium vehicle (listed as Chrysler Pacifica or similar) from Dollar for a week's rental at $138.99 for the week (with tax & everything, comes to $178.80). Used the Dollar site, promo code KISS2, and was fairly pleased. It was about $20 less than renting from Budget for the same period with a Full Size (Taurus or similar) vehicle. Just for what its worth.

the best i've found is actually renting for more days then i need. Evidently after 9/30 it sucks to rent.

I got an SUV (problem is it says holds 3 large and 3 small suitcases, i have 4 very large and 4 carryons..wonder if it will work..i can put on suitcase in back seat if needed..i think. I know these suitcases wouldnt fit in my 4 Runner). for 500.00 for 16 days starting sept 30-0ct 15.

I really need a van. the same rate for the van was 600/16 days.

I wonder if i should put something in for priceline PRICE IT..something for 20/day see if i get lucky? has anyone done this?

I keep checking these boards hoping for a message that says the rates have dropped, but so far, nothing. The best I have gotten for our 14 day trip (Oct. 14-27) is with Dollar. A full size for $118 a week base rate. For the 2 weeks, plus taxes and fees I'm paying $313. Not too bad really, but would like to rent from Alamo or National since I'm quick pick up for either of them. I've got 4 weeks left to go, so will be watching. But will stay with Dollar until then. It's been a long time since I've used Dollar, but have not problem using them for the right price.

Thrifty Promo Code WMRT

Dollar Promo Code KISS2

National Recap Number 5190257

Alamo Corp I.D. 261390

Avis AWD # K817625

Try some of these and try combining them with some of the coupons listed under the "specials" section of their websites such as $20 off per week with Alamo and National.

Also, that Avis number gives 250 miles PER DAY to Delta frequent flyers, a ten day rental gets you 2500 miles.

If you have airline frequent flier miles, some of them expire if you don't fly within 3 years time. But, a car rental that qualifies for miles will keep that account open for 3 more years. Don't ever let your frequent flier miles expire! Even some grocery cards keep the account alive, like Safeway/ Vons with United.

Dollar is sold out for out dates (Oct. 8-15), will probably cancel the res. I've got @ MCO; $200 is too much to pay IMO.

We're going to try ME from the airport, then pick up an intermediate @ the Dolphin for the weekend (thurs noon - on is what they consider weekend rates) & return to MCO.

Alamo was more than double National, we went with entertainment code & coupon for free day, wound up with $75.23 for 3 days...at least we'll have a car to transfer our stuff for split stay from BWV to CR & transport to MCO.

If anyone wants codes/coupon - let me know.

tracys2cents said:
Thrifty Promo Code WMRT

Dollar Promo Code KISS2

National Recap Number 5190257

Alamo Corp I.D. 261390

Avis AWD # K817625

Try some of these and try combining them with some of the coupons listed under the "specials" section of their websites such as $20 off per week with Alamo and National.

Also, that Avis number gives 250 miles PER DAY to Delta frequent flyers, a ten day rental gets you 2500 miles.

If you have airline frequent flier miles, some of them expire if you don't fly within 3 years time. But, a car rental that qualifies for miles will keep that account open for 3 more years. Don't ever let your frequent flier miles expire! Even some grocery cards keep the account alive, like Safeway/ Vons with United.

I tried your Alamo code to see if I could get my rate any cheaper but my ccorporate code from Walmart -430710 actually gave me more of a discount. Also use produt code BY with any coupon that you are eligible for. It may be just my dates (9/29-10/3) so folks should try both codes to see which one is best.

nurseypoo5 said:
I wonder if i should put something in for priceline PRICE IT..something for 20/day see if i get lucky? has anyone done this?
Hey Nurseypoo! I'm still checking your dates but nothing comes up for either of us. :sad2: I've been doing Priceline for awhile now and I refuse to go over $20/day right now...so far my offers are not being picked up. Then they only let you retry it in 3 days (for the same car, dates and such). If you are willing to change your price and your car type or dates then you can try again immediately. I will keep trying Priceline though and let you know if I get anything...

We rented with Alamo in August. I got my codes from Mousesavers.com.
For a midsize we started at $256.00 wk. I ended up paying $113.00 for the same car grade using different combinations of codes.....it takes awhile to figure the best combination but worth it...
Its like the airlinese, prices change daily...
I stood at the alamo counter and a couple was paying $175.wk for a compact.. then they bought the insurance (bad idea)it was sad....some people just dont know....

We used the walmart discount code (rate code BY, ID #428448) and a $20 wk disc. from alamo.

One thing they got me on was the fill the fuel tank at $2.90 gal. (gas was at $3.00 then). They will tell you you dont have to fill the tank upon return. But they charge you for a full tank, it was $45 for a full tank! I brought it back with a 1/2 tank. I thought they just filled it back up and charged for teh exact amount of fuel. I lost about $20 on that deal......Just fill it outside the airport.....

GOOD LUCK!!!

Can anyone use that AVIS code, Avis is the best rate so far that I am finding. It says you can pick up at Hilton @ Downtown Disney, has anyone done this. I need it when I am leaving Disney on a Thursday and will be returning to the airport on Saturday.

Thanks!

Tamis3girls said:
Can anyone use that AVIS code, Avis is the best rate so far that I am finding. It says you can pick up at Hilton @ Downtown Disney, has anyone done this. I need it when I am leaving Disney on a Thursday and will be returning to the airport on Saturday.

Thanks!

Yes, anyone can try the K817625 Avis Code. It is for Delta Frequent Flyers so if you want to calm your nerves you can always call Delta or go to Delta.com and get yourself a frequent flyer membership number ("Skymiles") since it's free to join and just takes a couple of minutes.

Went renting the car, don't present your "skymiles" member number unless you really want the miles in your account, because they will charge you 50c a day or $2 a week for this benefit.

mommy*RN said:
Hey Nurseypoo! I'm still checking your dates but nothing comes up for either of us. :sad2: I've been doing Priceline for awhile now and I refuse to go over $20/day right now...so far my offers are not being picked up. Then they only let you retry it in 3 days (for the same car, dates and such). If you are willing to change your price and your car type or dates then you can try again immediately. I will keep trying Priceline though and let you know if I get anything...
Have never tried to priceline a car rental before...

Question...the $20/day you're referencing...do they tack taxes/airport fees, ect (all the goodies that add so much onto a regular rental)?

If so, do you know how much it would cost/add for a week/8 days?

mommy*RN said:

thanks hun, your awsome! I'm not sure what is up with this stuff, but really its almost cheaper for me to rent 16 days vs 7 ...i would save the stinking cab fee back to the airport for pickup and would save the 3 times i plan to use a cab for POR to resort meals. I'm so upset at the thought of dishing out another 500.00 for this :(

nothing for my dates yet...somewhat discouraged that even the last min. deals (thru Oct. 3 for alamo) are no better than what I have booked now.

mousesavers hasn't moved in ages.

honestly thought with more folks using ME they'd have cars to move - galore???

other than supply & demand, how can the rates be more than double than 3 months ago in June/July?

I'm stressin...come join me.;)

keishashadow said:
nothing for my dates yet...somewhat discouraged that even the last min. deals (thru Oct. 3 for alamo) are no better than what I have booked now.

mousesavers hasn't moved in ages.

honestly thought with more folks using ME they'd have cars to move - galore???

other than supply & demand, how can the rates be more than double than 3 months ago in June/July?

I'm stressin...come join me.;)

I'm beginning to think that with so many people using ME they are not renting as many cars as they use to, so with the cars they do rent they have up the price.

I agree the rates are not very good. The folks for September are getting a little break, but not nearly as good as they were a few months ago. I would've never guess that I would be booked at Dollar considering I'm a member of Alamo and National. I'll be happy with my Dollar rate for a full size, but would prefer to go with my old familiars first. My dollar rate is $313 total for a full size for 2 weeks. I'm still tempted to go with Alamo for a mid-size SUV for $67 more, which is only less than $5 more a day....I'm sure I'll convince myself soon.

n2mm said:
I agree the rates are not very good. The folks for September are getting a little break, but not nearly as good as they were a few months ago. I would've never guess that I would be booked at Dollar considering I'm a member of Alamo and National. I'll be happy with my Dollar rate for a full size, but would prefer to go with my old familiars first. My dollar rate is $313 total for a full size for 2 weeks. I'm still tempted to go with Alamo for a mid-size SUV for $67 more, which is only less than $5 more a day....I'm sure I'll convince myself soon.
I sat on the fence too long before trying to book Dollar for Columbus Day week, all the "specials" are unavailable, I keep trying though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter