Any luck finding Un-Du adhesive remover?

ilovedale3

<font color=blue>It's a secret how I <b>really</b>
I have been all over creation looking for Un-Du adhesive remover (also known as Scrapper's Solution). Finally, I was told at Michael's that it has been discontinued. I looked it up on-line and it's true (something about it being recalled because it doesn't conform to California clean air standards or something)!

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!:eek: :eek:

Has anyone seen any lately or knows of a website that has any? I have looked at Michael's, JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, WalMart, and Target and been to lots of websites (including scrapbook.com).

And I DON't want Goo Gone. Goo Gone is oily and can't be used in scrapping.

WHAT!!?? Say it ain't so!!!!!! I'm going to see if I can find some to stock up on before it is all gone off the shelves!......................P

I heard it was recalled as well.
Crazy California. Why can't they just put a note on it saying it may cause cancer (like everything else out there including those inflatable Christmas decorations people have) and be done with it? We need our un du!

I was shocked when I read the original post. But sure enough... here's the notice on the website un-du.net.
un-du_logo_100x60.gif
On July 15, 2007 Bigtime Products LLC issued a notice to retailers that shipment of the entire line of un-du™ branded products has been discontinued. Although retailers in other states are free to sell their remaining stock, no un-du products should be sold or delivered in or to the state of California. un-du branded products as well as Quickie Adhesive Remover which were delivered to California customers since January 1, 2007 are subject to recall. Contact the store where purchased or Big Time Products LLC, 2 Wilbanks Rd., Rome, GA. 30161

If you want to pay $20+ for a bottle, you can still find it on e-bay though.

Un-Du rocks my world! Oh the humanity?!

Seriously, monday will begin my Un-Du search and stock.

I really think we have it here. Do you want me to look for you?

Hi!

I do not want to get anyone’s hopes up, but I found 2 websites that indicate that they still have some Un-Du.

The first website is:

Misterart.com

The company sells the 4 ounce bottle for $7.98, plus shipping and handling.

The second website is:

Shoplet.com

The company sells the 4 ounce bottle for $10.14, plus shipping and handling.

Neither of these websites indicates that the item is out of stock; however, when you search for it, you must enter it as Un-Du (with the hyphen). Both websites take PayPal, as well as, other forms of payment.

I have not had any experience with either company. I just found them when it was mentioned that many were looking for this product.

RJ

I already tried both misterart.com and shoplet.com last week. I was able to put in an order at MisterArt, but then got an email cancelling the order b/c it was out of stock. I even called Shoplet and was told that it was not in stock despite still showing on the website.

Un-Du is no longer manufactured by it's parent company, as they were continually being fined by the State of CA under their hazerdous chemicals law.

However, Un-Du is chemically identical to BESTINE (generic name is Heptane) and Bestine can be purchased at any Michales, ACMoore, HobbyLobby, Art Supply Warehouse, etc. It's also much cheaper. Look near the Rubber Cement (bestine is Rubber cement remover).

I've used Bestine in my Un-Du bottles for years. As I said, chemically identical. (And I go through a lot--I am a scrapbooker AND I run a bookstore. Removing stickers is my life :-)

Marillyn

Thank you, MsMarilyn!!! I had no idea that there was anything out there that was similar to UnDu!

Off to look for some now!!!

FYI - I did an online search and it looks like un-du is being distributed again (as of March, but slowly), also still not to CA.

OK so I just saw this at a scrap meet and a lady was buying three bottles of it so I picked up one bottle and thought it would be good to get the glue off my table from all the scrapping. What do you use it for? Can I use it on photos stuck in magnetic albums??

We own a Photo/scrapbook sotr in NJ. We have a product that is like UN-DU made by Henkel out of Ohio called Adhesive Remover. We are also a custome frame shop and I get UN-DU and another product by Beinfang by the quart. The adhesive Remover is a better smell than UN-DU.

Dan

I just called one of my distributer and they have about 2,000 units of the UN-DU. It is still not allowed to be sold in Ca but that is to change in late august.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter