Any luck with National ID's and Coupons codes

Actually, I was given the *67 code by the travel agency that it is assigned to. She just used my BJ's coupon in addition to their code, which was confirmed both by the travel agent AND numerous times by National (see previous posts in this thread) that it is a courtesy code available to the public. NOT a GOOFY code! That's all I need, to end up picking up a car and paying "rack rate"! although I guess a "goofy" code would be appropriate for a trip to WDW, huh :)

TQ3 TRAVEL SOLUTIONS...and you're not a TA. I'm a little puzzled where that leaves you insurance wise. Easy to understand if a TA tossed you a good rate that doesn't include insurance and taxes...but you got one that includes both. You're kind of between the TQ3 and National on whether you're truly authorized or not. Heck, I don't know. But personally, that's a deal I'd pass on. I'd probably ask the TA if she had a deal that was a normal contract...that allowed me to decline the insurance. I wouldn't want to find out later (should I have a claim) that the TA was confused....and this was your garden variety private contract code for TA's. (Which is very, very strongly indicated by the "free" insurance and the "free" taxes.)
Sorry that I didn't understand your unique situation. :flower3:

I never get the insurance anyhow. My personal auto policy covers rental cars, and my credit card is a secondary insurer for anything the personal policy doesn't cover (and also a primary insurer for rentals in europe). The code the TA used (she made the CAK ressie, I'm trying on my own for CLE to avoid the hassle of driving to the travel agency) only saved me some of the additional fees at the airport- about $30. Interestingly, the code also reduced the value of my coupon. Agent said that's the way it works...with some codes coupons are only accepted for a certain percent, or percent reduction, regardless of the face value.

Is it true that the first time you rent using the emerald club you still have to go to the counter? All of our info & cc information is on file, but, our reservation says "proceed to counter", I did call Emerald Club customer service and they said because it's the first time using EC, we have to go to the counter, all subsequent visits we can bypass.

I never get the insurance anyhow. My personal auto policy covers rental cars, and my credit card is a secondary insurer for anything the personal policy doesn't cover (and also a primary insurer for rentals in europe). The code the TA used (she made the CAK ressie, I'm trying on my own for CLE to avoid the hassle of driving to the travel agency) only saved me some of the additional fees at the airport- about $30. Interestingly, the code also reduced the value of my coupon. Agent said that's the way it works...with some codes coupons are only accepted for a certain percent, or percent reduction, regardless of the face value.

Yes, all you've said is correct, as long as you can prove eligibility for the code and the rate that goes along with it. Goodness, we hope you don't have a claim. But, if you do, and National determines you're ineligible, then their paperwork will reflect that. You'll submit that to your insurance folks, and maybe they'll pay, maybe they won't. They may not find a good faith error..if National determines misuse, unauthorized use of the code that you signed for.

Let's assume, then that your TA has arranged a very special deal that allows her to pass this rate (and the free insurance/taxes) onto the general public. As long as that is the deal, then you're likely home free.

Is it true that the first time you rent using the emerald club you still have to go to the counter? All of our info & cc information is on file, but, our reservation says "proceed to counter", I did call Emerald Club customer service and they said because it's the first time using EC, we have to go to the counter, all subsequent visits we can bypass.

Good question, I'd like to know the answer to that one myself!

I signed up for the Emerald Club before I went to WDW in 2004. I had never used National before. When we got to the National area, we were told to go straight out to select any car from Emerald Aisle, then drive to the booth at the exit. Course that was back in 2004, and things may have changed since then.

What car class did you reserve? My reservations said to head out to Emerald Aisle, but I reserved standard (midsize).

e.g. "Your level of service is Emerald Aisle. Please proceed directly to the Emerald Aisle to choose your vehicle.
If you need to make a change to this reservation, please use your reservation number as a reference."

I rented from National for the first time this past May. All I did was go out to the car area where it says Emerald Reserve picked out my Minivan and headed to the exit. Gave the attendent my credit card license and reservation paid and off I went. It was soooooooooo easy. I never saw the counter and probably never will.

I signed up for the Emerald Club before I went to WDW in 2004. I had never used National before. When we got to the National area, we were told to go straight out to select any car from Emerald Aisle, then drive to the booth at the exit. Course that was back in 2004, and things may have changed since then.

What car class did you reserve? My reservations said to head out to Emerald Aisle, but I reserved standard (midsize).

e.g. "Your level of service is Emerald Aisle. Please proceed directly to the Emerald Aisle to choose your vehicle.
If you need to make a change to this reservation, please use your reservation number as a reference."

We reserved a luxury car, when I first made the reservation, I didn't have my credit card info on file and the reservation said, "level of service is counter" - then I updated my profile w/the cc info and I thought it would change the level of service, but it didn't.

I rented from National for the first time this past May. All I did was go out to the car area where it says Emerald Reserve picked out my Minivan and headed to the exit. Gave the attendent my credit card license and reservation paid and off I went. It was soooooooooo easy. I never saw the counter and probably never will.

I thought that might be the case, the thing is we are flying into West Palm Beach and the cars are not right there like MCO - you have to take a shuttle to the cars, so I would really hate it if I got on the shuttle, picked out a car, went to the attendant to find out that I should have gone to the counter :eek: . I may just ask at the counter before heading out to the shuttle just in case.

Today I tried to book a new ressie for September and it wouldn't accept ANY of the codes?????

I have another ressie WITH the code. I wonder if it will be honored?:confused3

We reserved a luxury car, when I first made the reservation, I didn't have my credit card info on file and the reservation said, "level of service is counter" - then I updated my profile w/the cc info and I thought it would change the level of service, but it didn't.

I thought that might be the case, the thing is we are flying into West Palm Beach and the cars are not right there like MCO - you have to take a shuttle to the cars, so I would really hate it if I got on the shuttle, picked out a car, went to the attendant to find out that I should have gone to the counter :eek: . I may just ask at the counter before heading out to the shuttle just in case.

Two possibilities for the problem... The first, and most likely problem is to get the emerald aisle service and avoid counter, you have to reserve a mid-size car. If you reserve anything else, it defaults you to the counter.

The second, is not every location has the emerald aisle.

If you change your reservation to a midsize, that should solve your problem. If it doesn't, then that location must not have an emerald aisle.

We just returned yesterday. I booked a car using code 5063773 and the $30 coupon . I used the emerald aisle at mco. It was my first time and we had no problems . I returned the car to the car care center and there were no problems there either!!:) :banana:

Just an update. Yes National has been informed of the misuse of the code and they have disabled both codes. Looks like someone from contacted them to ask a question about the code and told them the code was posted on a public web sight so National pulled the code. Sorry.

Although my recent use of the code was in July worked fine. I signed up for the EA and it was my first time using EA and the counter person who first looked at my reservation directed me to go out and pick out my vehicle and to give my CC and license to the booth attended upon exiting the lot.

We just returned yesterday. I booked a car using code 5063773 and the $30 coupon . I used the emerald aisle at mco. It was my first time and we had no problems . I returned the car to the car care center and there were no problems there either!!:) :banana:

May I ask what this 5063773 code is from. I just used it with the coupon and got a week for $170.83 in August. THank you so much!!

May I ask what this SUPERSPECIALTOPSECRET code is from. I just used it with the coupon and got a week for $170.83 in August. THank you so much!!

It's another code for travel agents...I wouldn't risk it.

This happened to me also. If the profile is not current when the ressie is made, it will default to counter. Changing the profile will not change the ressie, unless you call customer service and ask them to update your ressie to reflect Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve (if not renting mid-size).

T

I used one for my trip in July with no problem. If they ask, I will have a back up reservation.!!

Okay, then....

I suggest the three of us edit our posts so that this code won't be pulled in about three seconds.

After 59 people call National and 78 more email them in the next two days about this code, it will be dead, too! :rotfl:

I'll go first.

Actually I did a search on this current code and it comes up on every discount and coupon website I visit. It looks like it's been around for awhile and everyone who posted feedback on those websites (like fatwallet) post success. I personally wouldn't hesitate to use it. But I'm one of those folks that use the carlson code on a regular basis too.

Actually I did a search on this current code and it comes up on every discount and coupon website I visit. It looks like it's been around for awhile and everyone who posted feedback on those websites (like fatwallet) post success. I personally wouldn't hesitate to use it. But I'm one of those folks that use the carlson code on a regular basis too.

OMG...I LOVED the Carlson code! I actually have it saved in my address book. That was the only code I used to use! I haven't used it in a couple of years, I did get questioned at the Memphis airport once. Go figure. It was only because they screwed up my rental. Someone checking me out when I drove away entered ONE number wrong on the rental contract number, and my ressie got swapped with some dude's from San Diego who didn't turn his car in on time. Total NIGHTMARE. We got back from vacation and had fifteen ugly messages from them wanting to know where their car was, and they had charged my credit card for over $500!!! It took almost four months and calling every day to get my money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter