Any marinades for deer meat?

fkj2

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any homemade (non-commercial) receipes for marinating deer roasts or steaks?

TIA.

I don't have anything specific, but juniper berries (crushed) added to a beef marinade would work well. Thyme is also very good with venison :goodvibes so you could add (extra) of that too:)

I like my deer steak with Garlic and butter, but my kids like it marinated in Italian dressing

We use italian dressing too. I've also tried one with the juniper berries, and it was yummy. DH used terriaki too, that was good. Really any beef recipe you like will work.

Would the local market carry juniper berries? What do they do to the flavor? Should I just try a beef marinade? I'm new to cooking deer meat--a little leary, actually--and I'd like to find an incredible marinade, especially for roasts, that will eliminate this reluctance I have.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far! :thumbsup2

You should find them (dried) in the herb & spice section. They are one of the botanicals used in gin so if you can't find them substitute a slug of Mother's Ruin ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter