Any other D.I.N.K.s out there?

WDWLVR said:
Proud DINKs here. Just came back from a quick little trip to the World and have a trip planned to Disneyland in December. We are also DINKs that love a one bedroom - love the space!

WOW! I was wondering if other DINKS do a 1 BR. We did it this last time, and will never go back to a studio. Main reason we did a add on. I thought most people would think we were crazy for just 2 people doing a 1 BR. Glad to see all of us DINKS here!!!!!!! :wave2:

Proud DINKs here!!! People think we're nuts....and always assume we have kids!!! We ARE the kids!!

Big DINKS here, unless you count our boys pictured below...

No one says anything when we go to WDW without kids. And we go 3-4 times a year. I have been going at least once a year since 1979, and my husband has been going almost as long. People know we are Disney people, and they just accept it.

DINKS here too! Our friends think we're crazy for going to WDW that often without kids.

Although some day we hope for a kiddo or two. Have 2 equal DVC contracts, just in case there are 2 someday.

Ahhhhhh... I miss my DINKy days..... :cloud9:

I wouldn't look at you as crazy! I would look with envy! (for a few moments anyway! I do love my girls, just miss the quiet times)

We're DINKs, too! Just got back from 10 days at Disney. We buy APs every other year, and then see how many trips we can fanagle out of them (got 5 this past 12 months). Our passes expired 11/8, so now we have are starting the countdown to next November...only 363 days to go....

We were DINKs when we bought DVC. People thought we were nuts. Then we had our DD 2.5 years later and we're DINKy no longer.

DW and I are DINKS, too. Married 12 years December 24th. This May will be our first trip home. We have been to both WDW and DL with our friends who have kids, but love just going by ourselves. :flower:

DINKS here too! 25 years married and looking forward to doing Splash Mountain in our 90's! :rotfl:

Tarheel Tink said:
DINKS here too! 25 years married and looking forward to doing Splash Mountain in our 90's! :rotfl:

We are DINKS also. The first thing I did when we bought our contract is to figure out how old I would be when my membership expires in 2042.
I think I might need to add on at SSR to extend that date! I want to do Splash Mountain in my 90's also!

We are DINK's too, although like Maistre Gracey we are trying to change that... :blush: We have been married for nearly ten years and have been big WDW fans since our first visit - which was our honeymoon. Needless to say, our tenth wedding anniversary will be celebrated at "home"!! :cloud9:

Charlotte

This is us to the MAX,

Married 25 years, no kids by choice.

Using DVC to the MAX, comfortably equipped with the points needed to do so.

AP’s for sure.

Disney is a great respite for us.

Looking forward to being DRINKs (Double Retirement Income No Kids)

We are Disney DINKS also! We have been married 20 years. :love2: But after seeing dvcssr1's post stating they were DIAK's (dual income adult kids), I think we will start using DIAK as a personal descriptor. :banana:

Thanks for all the replies! It's great to see all the other DINKs out there! Although I can't wait to take my nephew (4) and darling niece (almost 2) to Disney, it will be great to leave them with their respective parents at the end of the day or when they have a meltdown! :wave2:

Another set of DINKs here, married 13 years, no plans for kids, jsut having a great time!

Inga

Proud DINKs here -- we have 330 points at OKW in our name (though about half belong to my parents) with no plans to add-on. No plans for children either, but we're still pretty young -- early 30s -- so that could change. But for the time being, we're usually at Disney three times per year. I'm taking a short trip with girlfriends the first weekend of December, then we'll down Jan / Feb for about 10 days, including our first stay at Vero, then the last weekend in March for Spring Training. We're trying to find a time to squeeze in a trip to the Food & Wine Fest next year, too.

To say that some people think we're NUTS is an understatement. But we're happy and that's all that matters.

We are not DINKS, but our very good friends (not members of this board) are. They are mid to late 30's, no kids by choice. Last year our friend lost her job due to down-sizing, her mother-in-law told her it would be a good time to have a baby. Our friend replied that she lost her job, not her mind! She has since gotten another job, but still no plans for kids. They raved about DVC for 3 years before we bought. They kept telling us how crazy it was to pay for a deluxe resort every year instead of buying DVC. I wished we had listened to our very smart DINK friends sooner!

Dual-income, Grown kids! His and mine, not ours! We love WDW and DVC and bought just 2 years ago. When we say how many times we go to visit, we get that "are you out of your minds" look!!

If I have to explain it to you, you'll never understand. This says it all!

While I love my daughter (she is 5 and has been to WDW 5 times with our 6th trip this January), I am envious of the DINKs and their adult trips to Disney. You rock! :) I guess I am just a DIWK. (Dual Income with Kid!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter