Any pooh-sized friends who can share their experiences at Universal?

disneychik21

Mouseketeer
Hello! I was hoping to find a thread on this topic, but I did not so I am posting. I am going to Universal for the first time since I was 12. I have heard that rides at Universal are not as "pooh-sized" friendly as Disney and I keep thinking about that. Does anyone have experience in this? Were you able to ride things?

We do have an older thread of Pooh/Shrek size peeps looking for which rides that’s comfortable for them.

Even though It’s older, still has valid info to help all

use the search button if no one brings it up to view it

@disneychik21 Well here on the dark side we call it Shrek sized, not Pooh sized :rotfl2:

I personally prefer not to discuss my weight in a public forum but if you want to talk to me in the private messages I would be happy to answer any specific questions you have, I can tell you my size and weight and how well I fit on rides so you can try to judge for yourself how you'll do. However, of course, everyone carries their weight differently so even if we are the same height and weight you may fit differently on certain rides, but I'm happy to help you the best I can.

On Facebook there is a really awesome group called Universal Parks Curved. You have to be accepted to be allowed to see posts and they are very strict with only allowing supportive and helpful comments, no trolling at all. I highly recommend joining that group if you have more questions.

I'm heading out to Universal tomorrow morning (woohoo!!!) so I may not get back to any private messages right away just FYI.

I also wanted to add to check you tube. I follow several vloggers and a video came up on my feed last night of someone doing a video on "plus size". I didn't get her name but I'm sure if you do a search, you can find it and others. This one was particularly for universal studios.

my shrek/pool size brother in law was able to fit in every ride when we went last week.
he carries his wait on his hips a bit more and has a big belly (yes he told me i could say this)

however he did say a few made him feel uncomfortable (forbidden journey, rip ride)
hagrids' was fine for him on the bike
mummy and gringotts he had to sit in a specific row (not the front) and the CM needed to press down for a certain point to make sure he would be safe.
hulk we had to wait for a specific row that has a modified constraint that he was able to fit in

dudleys', pluto, transformers, jimmy fallon, despicable me, simpsons, MIB, spiderman, jurassic and kong are fine for him.

definitely watch vlogs for more specifics but also try out the ride vehicle before getting in line.

Hello! I was hoping to find a thread on this topic, but I did not so I am posting. I am going to Universal for the first time since I was 12. I have heard that rides at Universal are not as "pooh-sized" friendly as Disney and I keep thinking about that. Does anyone have experience in this? Were you able to ride things?
I actually lost weight before I went to Universal the first time so I knew I could ride. They have test seats for anything that would be an issue and modified seats on some. I am 6 ft tall and weigh 229 and fit in the regular seat on the Hulk with no issue if that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter